PDA

View Full Version : classic valve trade-ins?

nt2004
01-28-2004, 06:50 PM
a friend of mine was getting into paintball a while ago and a friend of his parents gave him a very old minimag. It has an older style classic valve(one that still has A.I.R valve inscribed on it). The valve must be a bit damaged because it leaks air a lot. He's had a lot of problems with the on/off(trigger wont recock after he fires) and i just think its in bad shape. Now i hear a lot about Tom wanting to get old valves out of circulation so is there a program to trade older model valves for new classic valves and if not is there any places that sell just plain classic valves? He cannot afford the RTP or Xvalve.

Also if he has to stick with his old valve, can level 10's still be installed on the older A.I.R valves?

evan123
01-28-2004, 07:27 PM
I dont believe there is any trade in like that. Just buy a classic valve on the forums here. The normally go for around 55 bucks used.

Mossman
01-28-2004, 07:34 PM
LX can be installed, sure. Where does it leak from? There's not that much that can go wrong with a classic.

I'd suggest 1 of these few options...

Send it in to AGD and have them fix it. Maybe they can use up one of it's stars and it wont cost him anything but shippng.

Go to store or order a automag rebuild kit online and replace all the seals.

Buy a used classic valve for 60 bucks or whatever, he can probably sell his for like 35 in the shape its in to someone with extra classic parts around, so that isn't too much money.

Save up for Xvalve, trade in classic + 225 and get an Xvalve with level 10

Good luck to your buddy

nt2004
01-28-2004, 07:39 PM
thanks. I read something on buying warranty coverage for older model minimag valves on AGD's website. I think he either needs to get it repaired by AGD or try nitrogen. I think the CO2 might be what is causing his trigger not to recock

Big_Chops
01-28-2004, 08:14 PM
yes there is a valve trade in. but you still have to include money for the new valve jsut not as much