PDA

View Full Version : I want to learn about mags

03vert
01-28-2004, 10:20 PM
Ok, i've decided to buy a mag. i dunno if its gonna be a used emag or a rt pro or what have you, but i am shooting for a emag right now used for around $550. so what i want to know is how they work. i downloaded all the manuals of the rt pro and the emag exploded. i have no clue how the Xvalve works, or the emag valve, the lvl 10, or anything. i know that they all cost a pretty penny and you can exchange the stock valve to lessen the price of the X. what im looking at with my money (hopefully my dad will let me get a full time job during the week so i can go to town with it) but i want a emag, sell the stock body for around $50(?) and go for the chord or ULE. first off what can i do to a emag to make it preform like a killer. i dont need speed but i do like to have it when i need it. i really want to have a unique mag so i will prob get it reannoed and the chord body seems pretty nice. also i have heard tell about a all ULE mag. i have only seen the ule bodies and i know that they are lighter, and the ule trigger pull kit. basically i want to buy a stock mag and make it custom. i will prob sell all the stock parts to buy new ones. and i know next to nothing about mags accept that they are reliable, and they are a single tube design. thanks in advance for all the help. oh yea i was also thinking that i could take my $550 and the money that ill make this weekend and $180 and build my own emag. i want to know everything that i need and if its too much trouble i can put together a budget myself. but right now i am looking at at least $830. the mag that i have lined up will cost me $550 (emag and two peice barrel). thanks agian.

ramennoodles
01-28-2004, 10:45 PM
from my limited understanding an x-valve is an aluminum rt valve. i'd go for a fully upgraded RTP ule, and and a warp, but thats jsut me.

03vert
01-28-2004, 10:53 PM
but i want to build and upgrade a mag myself. there's no fun in just paying for it.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
01-28-2004, 10:55 PM
I'd say go for a used emag. Then start building it up...ule body...ule frame...etc As far as teaching you everything. Best way is to find someone that can show you in person.

03vert
01-28-2004, 11:07 PM
is it possible to just buy it part by part? id buy the body and bat case first then i dont know where i'd go. but yes i do think i will buy a used emag and then up it. but i do want to play a major role in how it turns out. anyone know of a place/person that would want to buy stock emag parts? ill ask doc cause if i had talent and a shop like that i would be looking for parts all willy-nilly.anyways i still want to know to the best that i can on the internet how an emag works.

shades
01-29-2004, 12:54 PM
The Valve is the Marker. The only thing different about a RT and a Emag/ Xmag is that solenoid pushes the sear instead of the trigger but if you want to you can cut the power and switch it to Manual now you got and RT or leave the power on and use Hybride mode now that Ripps. Only buy AGD parts or from those dealers recommended on this forum.