PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding my old mag

Hip
01-29-2004, 05:39 AM
I am thinking about getting back into the game, and was wondering what I need to do to get started. I have an old auto mag, its like eight years old. Last year I had a new parts kit in it. Last time I played, a player told me about new upgrades for it. I guess thats the level 10 I have been reading about. Anyway, can yall give me ideas on what I need to do to get my gun in competition with these new electronic guns out there. Also explain to me what this level 10 does as well as any other products that may be suggested. I know starting with a whole new gun is the way, but I would like to see if I will stick with it before I spend a butt load of money on a new gun.
Thanks in advance.

Hip.

sime
01-29-2004, 08:15 AM
if you're serious about this, then allow me to recomend these to upgrades:

-valve swap for an X valve (it has level 10 already)
-intelli or Y frame

between these 2, you will have a VERY nice marker. add a ULE body to that list too, if you want to make it vert feed and loose weight. though that is hardly needed. however, for the price of these 2, perhaps 3 upgrades, you're ALMOST to the price of a new RTpro.

at the very least i'd say a level 10 kit (it will fit your classic valve) and maybe a used inteliframe. you'll end up with a nice setup.

in basic terms, VERY basic; the level 10 kit creats a deliberate leak to slow the bolt down for the first bit of it's travel. if the ball hasn't fully droped into the breach, the bolt resets itself. no chop results......

hope this helps you out.

Evil1
01-30-2004, 02:40 AM
I would say get an xvalve too because there are some fast electros out there nowadays.