PDA

View Full Version : California anyone?????

belligerant1
09-14-2001, 06:39 PM
i live in nor cal and play around here, do any onther AOers live in the golden state??? if so reply here.

lonelymag
09-14-2001, 09:06 PM
OROVILLE!!! my buddies went to a tourny up there a little while back, sorry but im in the Bay thats a little too far for a game, maybe well pack up and come for the weekend again.

InfinatyBPS
09-14-2001, 09:18 PM
Im in cali. More South North(ya i know that sounds weird) I am in the south bay area. I ususaly goto TAG, and Bear Creak. I think Cali is the biggest paintball state.

lonelymag
09-14-2001, 09:20 PM
I hear Tag and Bear are tight. I went to school last year and all my buddies who stayed back went on all of these paintball trips and left me out! oh well. I Ref at Sunol Paintball, its a small field but i know everyone and i get some benifits :D

Army
09-14-2001, 09:22 PM
Down here in central Cali. No fields around here anymore since the local one closed before summer, and any other field is over 2 1/2 hours away.....sigh....
:cool:

lonelymag
09-14-2001, 10:01 PM
I go to school at SB, and i don't know what you guys are used to but the one field i did go to during school was really weird. It was urban quest in Oxnard i think. The fields were nice but their rules were a little odd. No one wore their masks onto the field, not even the refs, and then when the game was about to start they told everyone, MASKS DOWN, BARREL PLUGS OUT! i guess its safe if everyone keeps their plugs in but at my field eveyone loves to waste paint before the games start, oh well.

Army
09-14-2001, 10:24 PM
Yes, went to Urban Quest once when I lived in SB. One and only time since safety was a second thought.:cool:

belligerant1
09-14-2001, 10:29 PM
we play here locally at combat zone, grass valley @ jfpaintball, cal expo soon, and anything else that's within 2 hrs. it's good to see all the players here. and yes, cali is the biggest paintball state.

magman518
09-14-2001, 11:06 PM
i also go to TAG and bear creek. its fun!

MagMan5446
09-15-2001, 06:39 AM
Napa here....I usually play at PB Jungle, Fairgrounds, and Sherwood Forest.

lonelymag
09-15-2001, 11:33 AM
how do you like the jungle? i used to go there but i like the speedball type of play more, i have yet to go to sherwood i hear its pretty good. I started palying at Mare Island, and i loved that place, ANIS!!! and no thats not a butt its a type of plant that im probabaly spelling wrong.

MagMan5446
09-15-2001, 12:07 PM
Jungle is alright...the owner is strange though. I'm going to start playing at the fairgrounds(mare island) a lot more though.

InfinatyBPS
09-15-2001, 10:32 PM
how is the Sunole paintball feild? Do they got a site? What kinda feild is it? How far is sunole from San Jose/Santa Clara Area?

lonelymag
09-15-2001, 11:17 PM
well how do i describe it... Its on a farm in the middle of nowhere, yet we get quite a few players. From Santa Clara, id say about 30-45 minutes north and east, right before livermore. There are three fields, a rec field a speed ball and another closer game we call bunkerball. To be honest its a crappy place, no trees a bunch of dirt and its hot but there are good things about it. We get a lot of Tournament players, so there is good competition, we'll usually split it up into begginer and advaced sessions. I really like our speedball and bunkerball, i think they are really fast paced and a whole lot of fun. Its what im used to and its what i like, if you have been at bear wit the huge trees, green forest and hills then its nothing like that. you can get directions from their crappy site www.sunolpaintball2000.com

MAGBOY
09-17-2001, 10:40 PM
Pleasant Hill here. I Play at sherwood. I Absolutly hate jungle. Bob, The owner is a D*ck. I Love sherwood, Fairgrounds is alright but too many people play there. Sherwood has 3 fields and They are all very nice. The owner of sherwood, Jeff, is an awsome guy, He will help you with anything you need. He is also a cocker tech. The Prices at Sherwood are very Resonable, If you get there before 9 you get the $85 deal which includes a Case of marbs and Field fees. All day air is $10 and is all fills up to 3k. Very enforced safety. They Have A Narrow walkway with 2 chronos and a ref sitting there, so you cant get through Without chronoing. They Enfore Barrel plugs too. On the main speedball field, field 2, They just added like a 40 foot hyperball tube which is nice. Most of the bunkers are wood and they have some hyperball tubes. MagMan Im Playing this sunday at sherwood, Maybe ill see you there, I Think you have my e-mail addy, if not its sean.merriam@juno.com .

-Sean

MicroB
09-18-2001, 12:29 PM
I live in San Diego county(aka Cocker County) very few mag owners down here.:D

Zarak
09-19-2001, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I'm in Cali. Southern Cali. I usually play at SC Village. I've been to TAG, Bear Creek, Sherwood and Woodstalk. Is Woodstalk still around? I've heard that the owner opened a feild at Fort Ord in Monterey. Anybody heard of it or played there?