PDA

View Full Version : can I play with you folks?

nobloodloss
01-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Being the owner of a Micro mag exclude me from being able to participate?
I really love paintball and have lots of Q's:)

cphilip
01-29-2004, 11:28 AM
I am not sure what it is you want to do nor why you placed this in Technical Forum....

A MicroMag is welcome here in AO. Heck any paintball player is welcome.

I gonna assume you want to introduce yourself to the group and move this out to Talk.

But welcome to AO!

funkykarl
01-29-2004, 11:31 AM
If you have lots of questions, I'd say this is the place to be. Welcome.

GA Devil
01-29-2004, 12:23 PM
welcome to AO....and if they let me in here they will let anyone...lol

SaS
01-29-2004, 02:31 PM
I snuck in the back.... door wasn't even locked, friendly people here:cool:

TraXeR
01-29-2004, 02:37 PM
Welcome to AO! ;)

As many others might say, it's addictive!

ChucktheMAGician
01-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Yeah, welcome to AO!! A micromag was my first mag, don't worry about that, some people here aren't even bright enough to own a mag tho!:eek:

Remington
01-29-2004, 02:58 PM
nobloodloss - I noticed you're from MA, me too! AO members from New England are going to have an AO Day down at Cape Cod Paintball on April 24, 2004 to play some 'ball and meet each other face to face. Click on the picture in my signature to learn more about it. Hope to see you there!

Oh yea, and welcome to AO! :D

nobloodloss
01-29-2004, 09:27 PM
1st, let me say tnx to all.
I've visited this forum on occasions before and am impressed by the knowledge that gets flung around ,as though we were talkin about...ah, on second thought I'll keep that one for my self, but humbled to say the least.
Thank you for the welcome.
The reason I'm interested in the tecknical is simple. I like stuff to work welland with your knowledgeable help, I hope I can learn a few things.
Remmington, Im glad there's a homee on this forum, I live in Methuen and up until now the only reason I've had to go to the Cape was the ocen,we'll talk.

Question
my micro is a second generation( pardon my lack of a better description ) is also a second hand I purchased in decmber , 2003 but still managed a few games with, but enough to tell me it does'nt need much, she is stock Justin @ Paintballwizard assured me of that since he was a prior owner, but I would like to know more about it.
I was able to down load a manual and as many pages i saw, stll, I could only get to ***. & dissassembly.
One thing I'm curious about which valve it is? Is it the seventh?

Chojin Man
01-30-2004, 02:59 AM
You probably mean that the bolt is called a level 7. The more recent bolt that AGD has realeased is called a Level 10, and it is designed differently to prevent ball breaks.

The valve itself really hasn't changed that much over the history of AGD. Classic is the same as a Micro valve. The classic or A.I.R. valves haven't really changed since they came out. A RT, RTPro, ReTro, X, and E-mag are all pretty much the same valve design with the only real differences being in what materials were used to make them. The X and E are made from aluminum where as the others are stainless steel(SS).

SpecialBlend2786
01-30-2004, 03:27 AM
Micromags are yummy. Welcome to AO:D

nobloodloss
01-30-2004, 11:31 AM
:) you folks are much more of a mature group than what I'm used to at the stacked tube forums(sorry if maturity sounds offensive to you):D
Ther are lots of up grades I'd like to try in the future but the choice's for body's look scarce.
To start I would like to try a barrel, any suggestions?(tipical nueb am I)later a level X ?:confused:

robdamanii
01-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by nobloodloss
:) you folks are much more of a mature group than what I'm used to at the stacked tube forums(sorry if maturity sounds offensive to you):D
Ther are lots of up grades I'd like to try in the future but the choice's for body's look scarce.
To start I would like to try a barrel, any suggestions?(tipical nueb am I)later a level X ?:confused:

Doh, now I feel old...

;)

Welcome to the forums!

fallout11
01-30-2004, 12:41 PM
Welcome to this humble little forum!

As for a barrel upgrade, I would need to know more about what barrel(s) you currently have/use.
While there are many on the market that fit the micromag/automag body, in a broad range of materials and price points, you may find that there is no real "right" answer, all a matter of opinions.
You may not need a new barrel.

The level 10 bolt is intended for the stock level 7 bolt in your mag. It's not entirely a drop-in replacement, as there is some "tuning" related to properly installing it. Not much, really, but something to be aware of. The guys here can walk you through it with no real problems.
The advantage of the level 10 bolt is in it's design, which pretty much prevents the chopping of paint in the firing chamber when firing rapidly, or when using not-so-good paint. It's a nice upgrade, because it reduces the recoil of the gun some, and really lets you forget about short stroking.

Hope that helps some.

Muzikman
01-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Barrels are a very opinionated part. Everyone has their favorite for what ever reason and you will never find 2 people who totally agree. My suggestion is to try as many as you can with the type of paint you use most often. Then buy the one that you like best. When you are trying these barrels it's best to start out by shooting them over a chrono and making sure the velocity is right. When you change barrels there is a good chance that the velocity will change becuase of ball to barrel match, length of barrels and how much porting they have.

nobloodloss
01-30-2004, 11:41 PM
thank'X I do'nt feel so lonely anymore, learnin alot.
I allways felt like the lenghth of a barrel was just a hoax?
But the porting, is there a particular porting speck , on which different agd valve like better?
I'm particularly fond of the Lapco(auto spirit, for smaller cal.ball) most AO's like Armson?

am I brakin balls?

tyrion2323
01-31-2004, 01:08 AM
NoBloodLoss,

Welcome to the AO Forums.

In terms of upgrades, there are only a few upgrades that a mag "needs" to get it up and running at a great level.

First of all, you could consider upgrading your micro-valve to an X-Valve. The X-Valve has a fast recharge (26 bps) and has a slight reactive trigger, which will reset itself quickly for quicker firing. This option includes the Level 10 bolt system, and is available as a trade-in service through AGD.

You could just look at a Level 10 bolt itself, which will eliminate ball-chopping. The Level 10 Bolt is a bit tricky at first, but once you've got it running, it's set. It's about $60, I believe.

If you're looking to upgrade your grip frame, either a Logic Frame, an Intelliframe or a Y-Frame would do the trick. The logic frame is vertical, the intelliframe is similar to normal frames, and the Y-Frame is a bit inverted. These double trigger frames are a great addition if you're using a single trigger frame now.

In terms of a barrel system, I recommend the Empire 4-Piece barrel system. The thing is, it has 3 bore sizes and a 14 inch tip, so you'll always have a paint/bore match. Some people buy full freak kits or Pipe kits, but rarely do they use all of the bore sizes. For $100, you're getting the same performance as a $200 barrel kit. If you want the 3 bore sizes and three different length tips, the WGP Kaner system is only about $150.

Drop Forwards and Cradles are a personal choice - I like long drops to allow me to get close to my marker, but some people like short drops or no drop at all.

Again, welcome.

Jacob

painball
01-31-2004, 01:12 AM
Run! Run while you still can!! :D

WELCOME TO AO!

I don't shoot a mag...:eek: :cool: :D

Ov3rmind
01-31-2004, 01:19 AM
Welcome to AO!:D

I wouldn't worry about owning a MicroMag at all! In fact, my whole time here, I have never owned any type of Mag.

breg
01-31-2004, 01:24 AM
Welcome to AO!

No worries about owning a Micro. Playing paintabll is good enough to post here.

Have fun and ask around if you have any questions.

islandboi
01-31-2004, 12:13 PM
I don't even technically own a mag right now I guess ups does and they're probably messing around with it right now which is probably why it isn't here.. I have actually found people here are alot smarter, mature, and nicer welcome to the forums

Major Ho
01-31-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by nobloodloss

But the porting, is there a particular porting speck , on which different agd valve like better?
I'm particularly fond of the Lapco(auto spirit, for smaller cal.ball) most AO's like Armson?

I think your on the right path with the lapco line. They dont have porting until 11" and with mags you should see a pretty significant difference in air efficiency between 2 piece barrels vs a 1 piece with little porting. They about as accurate as you can get while still saving your wallet from possibly unneccesary $200 barrel kit. I found this post for you from one of the Admins

Originally posted by RobAGD
Its all about your barrel

68 3000 with a Lapco will get you 1000 shots
68 3000 with a AA or Dye Ultra lite you will get 650-700 shots

That being the only change you will see and 30% differnace in effeciency.

on my 68 4500 I get 1300 or so shots using my 14" Lapco or PMI Perfect barrels w/ Lvl 10

that drops to 900-1000 with a 2 peice CP, Dye UL, AA

-Robert

nobloodloss
02-01-2004, 09:11 AM
I really like it here, so thank you.
With your imput you're increasing the chance of becoming a victim , glad that does'nt bother you AO's and the rest
thnx AGAIN