PDA

View Full Version : Ever have trouble getting your Freak back out of your Mini?

GrassNinja
01-29-2004, 11:59 AM
Hey guys,

everytime I remove my freak from my MiniMag, the front Oring drags so bad that it tears, and the nubbin keeps trying to bend and catch on things. I switched the nubbin to my CP barrel and no probs at all. I have swapped all the parts around to 4 different barrels, and only my Freak back gives me trouble. And, when it does this, its REALLY hard to get it out of the body. Anyone else have this trouble?
Am I retarded?

GrassNinja

ChucktheMAGician
01-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Mine is a little tight to but I just leave it in. If you're using the freak I would suggest the same, leave it in and just remove the tip to change inserts.

cphilip
01-29-2004, 03:13 PM
Its possible your grip frame screw is too long. Check that and put a washer in there between it and the grip frame.

Also oil the Orings a good bit.

krafty
01-29-2004, 03:47 PM
As uncle Phil said... oil is your friend! You can also try different barrel o-rings since some seem thicker than others. If it's hard to turn, the twist lock adjuster may need to be backed out a hair as well (but the oil will probably fix your problems). I had a hard time getting my AA into my emag body even though it fit fine in my minimag body. Once I oiled the orings, no problemo.

GrassNinja
01-29-2004, 09:30 PM
OOPS, I forgot to tell you. The first thing I tried was lots of oil on the O-rings. I'll check on the frame screw, but it shouldnt be that if all the other barrels work, right? And, yea, I guess leaving it in there couldnt hurt either, not a bad idea. I do get hit in the body alot, I guess I could just soak it and then rinse to get it clean. Any ideas there? Chuck? how do you keep your clean?

GrassNinja

cphilip
01-29-2004, 10:12 PM
Not nessicarily. Try backing the grip frame screw out about a full turn or so (even two turns) and see if the back comes out easier. If it does then its too long and its just protruding in enough to catch those orings or that barrel body. Simple test enough to rule it out.

ChucktheMAGician
01-29-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by GrassNinja
I do get hit in the body alot, I guess I could just soak it and then rinse to get it clean. Any ideas there? Chuck? how do you keep your clean?
Level 10 keeps the inside clean;) and not letting your gun get shot up keeps the outside clean:rolleyes: ;) Yours may be tighter than mine, it's pretty tight but I can take it out if it needs cleaning. I usually have to have one finger inside the back when removing it tho. I'd try what cphilip mentioned just to rule things out. Leaving a leg or your head exposed more will also help as people may shoot them over your gun:p My mask got plastered last time I played:eek:

GrassNinja
01-30-2004, 01:10 AM
yea, well, I usually only pop my head up when Im lookin for targets or actually firing. Usually thats all they see of me. Im pretty good at keepin the rest out of sight as not to get hit. But, the majority of my hits are either on the gun or right smack in the goggles. Thanks again, I'll try out the screw thing as soon as I get my body back. My friend is polishing it for me.

GrassNinja