PDA

View Full Version : Rico Apache Loader?

RoadDawg
01-29-2004, 01:37 PM
Well I was browsing another forum and found this. I thought I'd get opinions from the AO crowd. Warpigs article (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/apache/index.shtml)

*EDIT: I for one love my Rico 2k and would be very interested in one of these.*

SpecialBlend2786
01-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah, i read that when it came out. Looks promising, but the price seems a bit too steep. Hopefully it'll be a little cheaper. My AK has yet to let me down, even with my cocker. Hopefully the AK will be fast enough for my RT-ULE when it comes in.

GT
01-29-2004, 02:02 PM
I am really looking forward to the new Rico and Q loader..

RoadDawg
01-29-2004, 02:03 PM
That price Warpig gave is the MSRP so it should be quite a bit cheaper. Probably around the price of an egg II.

fallout11
01-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Ricochet has impressed me with their products in the past.

However, New Year's predictions here on AO were that the Apache would flop, despite being a good loader.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1177878

Probably due to price and the ready prevalence of other, faster, loaders (Halo, etc.)

We'll see, won't we?

RRfireblade
01-29-2004, 02:18 PM
Not a fan of it,myself.

I'm a big Ric user on my Mech guns.Nice feed rate,narrow profile,light weight. But I don't see this one feeding much faster(def. not 17-19),it looks similar to the Egg set up,but it's really not,it's really still just gravity feed.Plus it's bigger and heavier.So, not interested.

Jay.

funkykarl
01-29-2004, 02:45 PM
Yeah, it's bigger, but the deflection engineering does help at least a little with that... I've had more than one hopper bounce on my friend's AK in a single game before. And I don't know how weight could be much of an issue, especially when compared to the weight of a halo. Looks to be a solid option when looking into a good reliable loader for today's high-end mechanical markers and lower-end electros.

SN0BL1ND
01-29-2004, 02:55 PM
I'm waitin' on it myself... ditto to the AK accolades... if the AK was just a little faster, I wouldn't even be looking....

RRfireblade
01-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by funkykarl
Yeah, it's bigger, but the deflection engineering does help at least a little with that... I've had more than one hopper bounce on my friend's AK in a single game before.

And I don't know how weight could be much of an issue, especially when compared to the weight of a halo.

Looks to be a solid option when looking into a good reliable loader for today's high-end mechanical markers and lower-end electros.

To be clear,I was comparing it to a normal Ricochet.I use them and like them.

And to me,if it's as heavy(I don't know that it is)as a Halo but much slower than it's an issue.

So I don't thinks it's much of an option or value.;)

The Rik AK is a value.:)

paint magnet
01-29-2004, 03:20 PM
I'm betting the Apache won't feed any faster than a 12v. X board Revvie or a Re:Loader, since at least in my experience, the Ricco AK's and 2k's fed about 4 bps slower than they claimed.

To me, when someone makes a claim that their loader will feed, say, 12 bps, that ought to mean that if I shoot at 12 bps until I empty the hopper then I will never skip a shot. The most I've seen a Riccochet maintain is ~8 bps. Perhaps I've just had a bad experience with one. Unless these start getting great reviews then I'd buy a Halo TSA instead.

Just my .02

RRfireblade
01-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by paint magnet
I'm betting the Apache won't feed any faster than a 12v. X board Revvie or a Re:Loader, since at least in my experience, the Ricco AK's and 2k's fed about 4 bps slower than they claimed.

I won't quote figures,but I have a 12vRev w/Xboard and Impellors as well as 2 Riks and I think the Rik feeds faster more consistantly.

Just my experience.

TheTramp
01-29-2004, 04:05 PM
I like the fact that the batteries fit into that removable pack. You get the Revolution's benefit of no battery clips with the added benefit that both are in one piece that fits right in.

fire1811
01-29-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade

I won't quote figures,but I have a 12vRev w/Xboard and Impellors as well as 2 Riks and I think the Rik feeds faster more consistantly.

Just my experience.

same here my rico would outfeed my prebrasseagle revi

and my new xboarrd/impellor revi

awesome customer support also

GT
01-29-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by fire1811
awesome customer support also

I have the version 1.0 board and loader. I cracked the shells working on them. I sent rico a an email and the mailed new shells free o'charge!

RoadDawg
01-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Well I for one would buy this over a Halo TSA (specially since I own a TSA and don't care for it much). I've had no probs with my 2k. I did want to find out how to quite the motor some and rico sent me out a new motor that is a bit quieter then the previous motor. So they've earned my business and trust. Weight would be an issue but my guess it's gonna weigh less then a Halo and feed as fast as they claim.

logamus
01-29-2004, 06:27 PM
any chance they get sued over the name "apache"? i have a 2k and it works like a champ. i have been debating getting a tsa because my halo is just so darn heavy. i might wait for this to come along though.

RoadDawg
01-29-2004, 06:31 PM
I'm selling mine. It kept having gaps on my warp so I'll stick with the rico. Even though the extra 40 balls is pretty nice.