PDA

View Full Version : Gun Hits!

lonelymag
09-14-2001, 10:05 PM
Ok, everywhere i had played this is how it is: if you get shot, anywhere gun including, you are out. But my buddy told me that in So. Cal a lot of fields don't play gun hits. I thought that was really weird, and when i did go to a field that didn't allow them it was a completely different game. If you can look through a hole, have your gun over the bunker and fire away without fear of being called out, well everyone does it and its just weird!!! Im not used to it, i don't know what you guys think, obviously the Tournies are on my side, but im wondering how many fields are like this, allowing people to continue to play when they get hit on their guns.

pharcyde
09-14-2001, 10:10 PM
i only know of one field (indoor) that allows you to play on with gun hits, but the rest of the fields near me play "normal" games.

Skyssx
09-15-2001, 04:00 AM
Damn, if gun hits didn't count, i'd never get eliminated!

FaSSt
09-15-2001, 08:03 AM
Back in the day (that would be late 80s and early 90s), there was a lot of controversy about gun, and even more so, goggle-hits. Over time, both have been accepted as valid hits. The only exceptions I have seen made recently were for a couple of newbie group games.

Snap_Dogg
09-15-2001, 09:45 AM
yeah a feild near me lets u vote if u want guns hits to count or not. when we usually reserve we dont do gun hits. i like it more that way

Peanut The Paintballer
09-15-2001, 09:49 AM
I play with the same group of 20+ people every weekend. If gun hits didnt count we would all run out of paint from shooting eachothers guns. I know that 90% of my hits are on my gun.

Talk about having to bunker everyone.....lol

Peanut

Cha0tic
09-15-2001, 10:22 AM
i think gun and goggles hits should always be counted. when you snapshoot, which most people do, the only thing your opponnent sees is your gun and mask. (if you do it right) that would mean you couldn't be eliminated while snapshooting people :)

Restola
09-15-2001, 10:37 AM
the place i play at has about 20 people a week show up, and about 10 of those could be considered newbies. we have always played gun hits dont count (since ive been going there in '96).
the number of hits i take on my gun is fairly small. on an average day ill maybe take a hit on my hopper, and none on my gun. once in a long while ill take a hit on my tank while running. i assume it would change the game some if gun hits did count, ive never played anywhere that they did.

InfinatyBPS
09-15-2001, 12:00 PM
If you are in a war type scenario game, then the gun hits shouldn't count.
If you are in a real war, u get shot in the gun, you probably will still be able to shoot the gun depending on where, by what gun you got hit by and what kind of gun you have. Goggle hits should always = out. Headshot almost always equals death. But in speedball, where your not thinking a bout realisticness(is that even a word?) then it shouldn't matter. One of my local feilds dosent count gun shots, where as my other does.

keebler
09-15-2001, 02:41 PM
gun hits dont count for woods games where i play, but they do for speedball, hyperball, and airball. but the woods should count, it is like speedball with a couple of trees. there is like no bushes or tall grass, only bunkers and bug trees, realy fun.

Blake_sw
09-15-2001, 03:23 PM
The field I play at counts gun hits. But sometimes the ref will ask a newbie group if they want "hits or breaks".

pumpamatic
09-15-2001, 06:36 PM
While playing today with 9 other guys, one game 6 out of 10 people shot were shot above the neck, and two hits were to the body, my friend made a daring move, shot one guy, then got shot with two guys on the other team remaining. I bunkered my friend's brother pretty hard though, he's gonna feel that for a while

-§on-
09-15-2001, 07:26 PM
Man If gun hits counted at my Feild I would have had so many people out. I plaster everyones guns usally.

XspyX
09-15-2001, 07:44 PM
Remember when that green cocker got plastered with so much paint at that tournie. Man i would have been out +100

Miscue
09-15-2001, 08:12 PM
I abhor no-gun hit rules. The idea behind it is so that beginners don't get shot out so quick. I don't know how well this really helps because usually beginners invite easy shots to the body. I also see it as giving experienced players an advantage... because a lot of times all you can get is a gun hit on them... and they can abuse the tops of bunkers, also using the gun as a shield.

However, just because gun hits don't count, doesn't mean I don't try for it. If I see a barrel poking out, I try to hit the tip and slime the barrel. Hoppers... maybe you can knock the lid open or knock the whole thing off if it's loose... mess up his visibility by splashing on his goggles... or at least leave him with a mess to clean up. :)

Whisper
09-15-2001, 10:34 PM
I really agree with gun hits counting. Like people have said, without those hits counting a smart player could pretty much be invulnerable. Also, I'd upgrade my hopper from a VL to an empty three litre soda bottle. You'd be able to see through it, carry plenty of paint, and use it as a handy dandy sheild.
Also, with what was said about war scenario games, I still think that gun hits should count. If you think about a bullet hitting a rifle, even if the weapon still functioned, you'd get a nasty spray of wood and metal splinters. I think everyone can agree that splinters would really wreck your day.

xmetal2001
09-15-2001, 10:51 PM
If gun hits at my field didn't count, i'd be invincible ;)

magic55
09-15-2001, 11:02 PM
i like it more with gun hits cause it makes you try harder

BXmag
09-16-2001, 10:06 AM
Gun hits gotta count, you brought it on the feild, you are carring it and your using it, it is part of you. It's kinda like saying if I get hit in the pack/harness and instantly drop it from my body, I wasn't hit --- the pack was. All the feilds I have been to count hits guns, hoppers, packs, goggles, etc---> thats the way it should be. Damm if we played without gun hits I might be able to see the end of games more often.

Nitroduck
09-16-2001, 11:52 AM
At a local field, we play gun hits dont count. However, the thing is, the bunkers are so darn small, half the time your sticking out a inch when your trying to keep a low profile so gun hits are VERY rare.

They also have other wierd/stupid rules. Like when theres a paintcheck, action stops. And other stuff.

gmag
09-16-2001, 02:30 PM
Arrrghhh!!!! I HATE gun hits!!!