PDA

View Full Version : Dynastys new marker.........

Bolter
01-30-2004, 09:16 AM
wow!

http://www.muchos.co.uk/members/Bolter/blender1.jpg

Cryer
01-30-2004, 09:17 AM
:p

THats what they get...:rolleyes:

Jonesie
01-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Dynasty's shooting Mags now?!?!? ;)

Just kiddin' with ya. I love the whole "Mags are blenders" stigma. Then I stick my finger in the breech and fire away... There's still one guy on my team who's afraid to put his finger in it... oh well.

shartley
01-30-2004, 09:35 AM
Yes… folks may want to think about how a good portion of Mag owners reacted when someone made a similar graphic but associated it with Mags. ;)

-=Squid=-
01-30-2004, 09:41 AM
I feel ya on that one... those 03 shockers chop mad crazy. I really hope dynasty starts losing when they get their new shockers... Notice how I dont capitalize the "S" in shocker... I dont think it deserves it. :p

lopxtc
01-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Your welcome to use mine ... well over 10+ cases put through it and not one chop.

The people who chop tend to be the ones that jack the ROF up and think that they can feed it that fast with a revy or eggII ...

I have my ROF tuned to my ability to pull the trigger and havent chopped a ball, and I dont have a vision eye in mine.

Aaron

Originally posted by -=Squid=-
I feel ya on that one... those 03 shockers chop mad crazy. I really hope dynasty starts losing when they get their new shockers... Notice how I dont capitalize the "S" in shocker... I dont think it deserves it. :p

fire1811
01-30-2004, 10:41 AM
hell from the dozen 03's i have had the privilage of seeing, choping was a zero issue.

they couldnt get the gun to stop leaking long enough to even shoot

a lot of the earlier 03 shocker problems have been adressed and fixed though

dmonahan
01-30-2004, 11:02 AM
Well, We were out at SC Village 2 weeks a ago and got to watch some of the Dynasty boys rolling the bushwhackers over and over. They did not look like they were having any problems with their shockers. In fact I don't think I have ever seen them look as strong as that did that weekend. As much as everyone like to bash this team I personally think they made a very wise business decision. In all other sports player and teams change sponsors and it no big deal. I just don't get what the big deal is.

robdamanii
01-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Anyone have pics of their actual markers?

Bolter
01-30-2004, 11:25 AM
not trashing dynasty......just having a laugh.

-=Squid=-
01-30-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by robdamanii
Anyone have pics of their actual markers? There are some CAD renderings on www.flagpull.com but I Cant find them right now...

thei3ug
01-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by lopxtc
The people who chop tend to be the ones that jack the ROF up and think that they can feed it that fast with a revy or eggII ...

that's really with any marker. How many times does a customer have to come in to a store with their new IR3 and say "it keep chopping! Fix me for it mista!"
So what do you do? Find they minimized the dwells, maxed out the ROF...

So you put it back, it's firing great, and next week they'll come in again "you didn't fix it!"

That being said, O3 Shockers suck big time. They suck gas, and they suck the juice out of your balls so all your left with is an empty shell in the breech.
1 out of 2 anyway.

Besides, you think SP would give a sponsored team bum guns? Dynast is a BIG INVESTMENT for them, and it's cash money in sales to their younger tourny demographic.

It's SPs history. They ship as MANY UNITS AS POSSIBLE, and fix whatever problems they had in development as customers complain. Why is this such a shock now?

MrMag
01-30-2004, 12:22 PM
my 03 vision shocker has been nothing but excellent. the gun rips, and its efficiency is surprisingly good. I love the gun and it is one of my favorites out of all that i have owned.

camilion705
01-30-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by shartley
Yes… folks may want to think about how a good portion of Mag owners reacted when someone made a similar graphic but associated it with Mags. ;)

Is this the image you speak of?

http://www.hunt101.com/img/061408.jpg

I think that this implies more that the hopper is the blender, but whatever.

01-30-2004, 01:03 PM
My shocker hasnt chopped once. They only chop when they are not set up right.

shartley
01-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by camilion705

Is this the image you speak of?

http://www.hunt101.com/img/061408.jpg

I think that this implies more that the hopper is the blender, but whatever.
Yes, that was the one... and no, that is not what it implied according to the person who posted it. ;)

RRfireblade
01-30-2004, 01:18 PM
I guess I missed something,cause I don't get it.

I haven't seen much complaining about '03s chopping.

/shrugs/

Jay.

Bolter
01-30-2004, 01:40 PM
they are seriously quick monster fast blenders. Very quick.

thei3ug
01-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
I guess I missed something,cause I don't get it.

I haven't seen much complaining about '03s chopping.

/shrugs/

Jay.

I could complain if you want.

I mean, it's cool, i don't mind.

teufelhunden
01-30-2004, 02:24 PM
The way I see it is guns can't chop on their own. It takes the operator firing faster than the hopper can feed to cause a chop. Or you can set your velocity at about 500 and watch the air destroy the paint inside, but that's a different story.

As such, a properly equipped Shocker in competent hands has never shown itself to be a problem, in my experience.

RRfireblade
01-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by thei3ug

I could complain if you want.

I mean, it's cool, i don't mind.

Knock yourself out,sounds like you really want to get it off your chest.;)

We're hear to listen.

krafty
01-30-2004, 03:18 PM
Dynasty Shocker (blatantly ripped from www.forceofnature.com ) :

http://www.forceofnature.com/images/newspics/dyn-gun-front.gif
http://www.forceofnature.com/images/newspics/dyn-gun-back.gif
Looks a little like a ULE-Bodied mag, IMHO. :) Tom must've stolen the idea from Smart Parts, so watch out... they're gonna sue!

dansim
01-30-2004, 03:51 PM
fugly.

wyn1370
01-30-2004, 03:53 PM
the strange ones look pretty nice
http://www.teamstrange.net/tshockerdraft01.jpg
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1263417

Duke of Lawnchair
01-30-2004, 04:02 PM
Wow!

I have to say that the last Shocker looks attractive.

01-30-2004, 04:05 PM
The grey one i beleive is a Nasty.

wyn1370
01-30-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by 845
The grey one i beleive is a Nasty.
Now that I look at em, they don't really look all that similar. Cause it looks way better than the rendered versions of either the strange or dynasty.

WARPED1
01-30-2004, 04:16 PM
Um, the 03 Shocker is anything but a blender. The one I borrowed from my buddy I put like 25000 balls through, I can count the number of chopped balls on one hand. Maybe if they had a mag without LX that pic would be appropriate...............

-=Squid=-
01-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Um, the 03 Shocker is anything but a blender. The one I borrowed from my buddy I put like 25000 balls through, I can count the number of chopped balls on one hand. Maybe if they had a mag without LX that pic would be appropriate............... 2500?

WARPED1
01-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Nope, 10 and a half cases. 25000.
Diablo Hellfire mainly. Some RPS Advantage too.

Mindflux
01-30-2004, 04:34 PM
Diablo Hellfire mainly. Some RPS Advantage too.

WOW. When did 10.5*2000 = 25000?

12.5 cases = 25000 rounds. Unless you have cases of 2500 or something.

lopxtc
01-30-2004, 04:59 PM
I have over 10 cases through mine also ... mostly El Tigre and Slam Ball ... not one problem.

Take care of the marker and the reg like you should and you wont see technical problems, just like any marker. Spent a day tuning the ROF to what I knew I could do with hopper I had, and eliminated user caused chops. Like I said no vision eye on mine so its not like I can set the ROF to some god awful limit and pretend that I could shoot that fast.

Not to mention its allot easier to push a button to adjust ROF then it is to degas the marker, remove the valve, play with springs, etc ... only to have the springs start to "break in" (wear) and have to repeat the process all over again.

Aaron

WARPED1
01-30-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Mindflux

WOW. When did 10.5*2000 = 25000?

12.5 cases = 25000 rounds. Unless you have cases of 2500 or something. 10 cases at 2000 is still 20000 right? Or is there a new math?

thei3ug
01-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by teufelhunden
The way I see it is guns can't chop on their own. It takes the operator firing faster than the hopper can feed to cause a chop.

I'm sorry, but i'm gunna have to CALL on this one.

I'll give the obvious example. Ever hear of the Phoenix? I had one. If you began to fire any strings, it would begin to chop every ball in the rotating breech. Part of it was the ball detente system... it would index the balls as they fell through the feedneck, and another speculated issue was that it might "fire" the ball before the bolt was closed. CHOP CHOP CHOP by DESIGN!

Another easy is the automag... the powerfeed plug and the short nosed bolt were exchanged for a design reason... some users, no matter what, woulud always chop. Differences in the breech would cause trouble too. Some barrels just oozed paint. Remember the sheridan equalizer? Old blowbacks like spyders had a BIG problem with chopping, because blowby in the bolt. that wasn't a loader issue, these are all problems related to the feed system or mechanical operation of the gun. I'm just coming up with things that weren't due to "tuning."

--------------------

Knock yourself out,sounds like you really want to get it off your chest.

We're hear to listen.

Ok... I don't really own one, but here it goes.

"Man, mo-diggity, every time I take this stupid thing to the field all it does is chop at the chrony! And I have to lower the velocity to 250 just to get on the field, and my barrel is all slimy and i never get a good shot, only wings. I'm refilling my 45/114 every game and I don't kow if i can afford air costs anymore! Help, what should I do? I hear phantoms are the bomb pro gun, never chop and get great efficiency what kind of fire modes does it have?"

RRfireblade
01-30-2004, 07:15 PM
None of the instances you listed are applicable to the '03 shocker.;)

As far as the Strange Shocker,I was at WC when they first arrived and they don't look like that pic.They looked almost stock except for a Strange logo milled where the shocker one was.All the other milling was internal to remove something like 1/2lb,and they came stock w/ vision.

They may be planning on changing to milling for all I know.

Jay.

Joni
01-30-2004, 07:41 PM
I've heard about people having mad chopping problems with the shocker 03, but that's been resolved. All markers have problems in the beginning, and SP has made that a non-issue. I dont understand why people have such a problem with the design of SP-markers. They are perfectly okay. Their business ethics, on the other hand, we wont get into.

WARPED1
01-30-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Joni
I've heard about people having mad chopping problems with the shocker 03, but that's been resolved. All markers have problems in the beginning, and SP has made that a non-issue. I dont understand why people have such a problem with the design of SP-markers. They are perfectly okay. Their business ethics, on the other hand, we wont get into. You got it perfectly IMO!*CLAPCLAPCLAP*

Joni
01-30-2004, 08:19 PM
Thanks. Good to know that someone else shares my opinion :)

teufelhunden
01-31-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by thei3ug

I'm sorry, but i'm gunna have to CALL on this one.

I'll give the obvious example. Ever hear of the Phoenix? I had one. If you began to fire any strings, it would begin to chop every ball in the rotating breech. Part of it was the ball detente system... it would index the balls as they fell through the feedneck, and another speculated issue was that it might "fire" the ball before the bolt was closed. CHOP CHOP CHOP by DESIGN!

Another easy is the automag... the powerfeed plug and the short nosed bolt were exchanged for a design reason... some users, no matter what, woulud always chop. Differences in the breech would cause trouble too. Some barrels just oozed paint. Remember the sheridan equalizer? Old blowbacks like spyders had a BIG problem with chopping, because blowby in the bolt. that wasn't a loader issue, these are all problems related to the feed system or mechanical operation of the gun. I'm just coming up with things that weren't due to "tuning."

--------------------

Ok... I don't really own one, but here it goes.

"Man, mo-diggity, every time I take this stupid thing to the field all it does is chop at the chrony! And I have to lower the velocity to 250 just to get on the field, and my barrel is all slimy and i never get a good shot, only wings. I'm refilling my 45/114 every game and I don't kow if i can afford air costs anymore! Help, what should I do? I hear phantoms are the bomb pro gun, never chop and get great efficiency what kind of fire modes does it have?"

I stand corrected.

WARPED1
01-31-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Joni
Thanks. Good to know that someone else shares my opinion :) I been saying that since the beginning, but most AO'ers are blinded by there own anti SP hype and Nazi bs.

RT pRo AuToMaG
01-31-2004, 02:05 AM
Personally, I HATE SP, but I have to say I do love their products. They make great products, if they weren't good, then teams like Dynasty and the countless number of players that use SP gear wouldn't use it. The 03 Shocker is no different. Now, I have never shot one, but I have held one, and it has a great feel to it and it's extremely light, a Boomstick feels heavier then the Shocker. I have heard it was a gas hog, but so what? If it is so much of a problem, get all day air. Look at matrices, they used to be major gas hogs until recently when people started coming out with all the efficientcy mods for them, now they are one of the most efficient guns ever. It will just take some time for people to come out with parts for that. I'm pretty sure evolve has a bolt kit out for the shocker right now, or they are coming out with one if it isn't out yet. Anyway, that should resolve all gas problems, it sure did on the Matrix (it was something like 2100 shots of a fully filled 68/45 shooting 280 fps). If they can do that to a matrix, I'll be willing to bet the shocker won't be too far off.

Edit: 666th post, because I'm supporting SP in this post, the axis of all evil, in the paintball world anyway :D :p ;) :rolleyes: )

WARPED1
01-31-2004, 02:12 AM
The few new bolt kits out for the 03 Shocker pretty much solve the efficiency gass hogginess of the marker. The marker weighs in at 1 pound 14 ounces without tank or hopper of paint.

maglover52
01-31-2004, 02:44 AM
i didnt know they where shootin mags now? hmm tk got lucky in signin them he must have actually done a good buisness move!

Lee
01-31-2004, 06:18 AM
i'd love to see valve schematics. any links?

01-31-2004, 11:03 AM
They make great products, if they weren't good, then teams like Dynasty and the countless number of players that use SP gear wouldn't use it.

I dont think dynasty is using the shocker because its a good gun.

fire1811
01-31-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by 845

I dont think dynasty is using the shocker because its a good gun.

exactly
and i cant say i dont blame them thats a lot of money

FallNAngel
01-31-2004, 11:43 AM

10 cases at 2000 is still 20000 right? Or is there a new math?

Well, I don't know about you, but here on planet Earth 10.5 * 2,000 = 21,000 Not 25,000. It's still the same math we've been using a LOOOOONG time now. Welcome to 2004 :D

As for the Shocker. Last time I was at the field a few of us were standing around after a game and one of the guys started ripping on his 03 Shocker. *POP* *POP* *POP* *PSSSSSSSSSSSS* I then watched him unscrew his barrel, pull the ball out, then screw his barrel back on. I think I'll stick with my cocker for now.

WARPED1
01-31-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by 845

I dont think dynasty is using the shocker because its a good gun. Gee, what about the countless others? The non pro? People like me who only wish they got paid to play? Those of us who've been playing 14 years, shot nearly every gun made, and recognize quality when they see it?

Originally posted by FallNAngel

Well, I don't know about you, but here on planet Earth 10.5 * 2,000 = 21,000 Not 25,000. It's still the same math we've been using a LOOOOONG time now. Welcome to 2004 :D I realized my mistake in math, like I said, I'm horrible at math.

FallNAngel
01-31-2004, 12:09 PM
Gee, what about the countless others? The non pro? People like me who only wish they got paid to play? Those of us who've been playing 14 years, shot nearly every gun made, and recognize quality when they see it?

You don't get paid to play? I've only been playing a week and I got invited to play on a pro team with my cousins uncles son and my Brass Eagle Stingray! It comes with an eye and fires up to 3bps! I recognize quality when I see it too and this is it!! [/ clueless noob]

I realized my mistake in math, like I said, I'm horrible at math.

np ;)

DiRTyBuNNy
01-31-2004, 12:28 PM
can we say all say "Thread Hijack" at the same time? Jeez..this goes from a thread talking about the design of Dynasty's new marker to a bunch of you people complaining and moaning about all the bad things about the 03 Shocker that you've heard but don't know squat about. Did your parents ever teach you that if you have nothing good to say then don't say anything at all? I'm so sick of people on AO here talkng trash about other markers. There's still more than enough that the rest of the world can say about Mags before any of you should ever open your mouth. Get your company's owner to get his own house in order before you start decrying other people's markers...jeez...I'm started to side with Warped1...

so let's get the topic back to Dynasty's new ride...I like it...I like it so much I'm going to take a real look at it at the Paintball Expo next week...I may post here...but most of my pictures will be up at Shockerowners.com...where we don't talk trash about mags...so if you want some real info...go there...

WARPED1
01-31-2004, 12:46 PM
I happen to be a Smart Parts tech. Latrobe was a great trip this year. So, I think I know my shiz there DB!:p
DB's right, we don't trash your favorite marker there(at least we can get ours:p *cough*XMag*cough*), so don't trash ours here!

DiRTyBuNNy
01-31-2004, 12:52 PM
I happen to be a Smart Parts tech. Latrobe was a great trip this year. So, I think I know my shiz there DB!:p
DB's right, we don't trash your favorite marker there(at least we can get ours:p *cough*XMag*cough*), so don't trash ours here!

Yes..but the question is will you trade me...you went to Latrobe...I go to party with the drunk Twins and Brandy at last years Expo...

thei3ug
01-31-2004, 12:53 PM
Here's the thing... I'm not saying that the shocker won't work. I'm not telling people not to get it. I really, honestly don't care.

All I'm saying is people should not invest such a personal interest in a consumer products success in the marketplace.

It's a new product from smart parts, and as more units are shipped, more bugs are going to be found. That's a pretty fair assumption.

Of course, if it wasn't made by smart parts, my statement would be as follows:
"It's a new product, and as more units are shipped, more bugs are going to be found. That's a pretty fair assumption."

Jeeze, you're all turning into little hypemobiles. "I'm a smart parts tech, therefore everything they make works right out of the box, even if someone forgot to solder a board or something."

"Gee, I looked at a picture of a bunch of shocker parts lying next to each other on someone's kitchen table, and just by looking at the delrin bolt I can tell it'll get 20 shots out of a 68/3k."

You know what? I'm sick and tired of these threads existing, and if I didn't have such a saintly love for human life, I'd probably be taking my 15 MPG SUV and running over a bunch of treehugger polar bear clubbers on the lake michigan shore.

Hey, wait a second... we're worried about how often you fill a compressed air tank on a toy, when it takes us two stops at a gas station just to get to the darn field! What's up with THOSE priorities?

------
How's that for a thread hijack, suckas?

WARPED1
01-31-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy

Yes..but the question is will you trade me...you went to Latrobe...I go to party with the drunk Twins and Brandy at last years Expo... We got to go out with all the gals for beers after the tech class! So, nah-nah!:D

DiRTyBuNNy
01-31-2004, 02:29 PM
did I mention Bea Youngs was there also? hahahaha..

MrMag
01-31-2004, 03:39 PM
can we say all say "Thread Hijack" at the same time? Jeez..this goes from a thread talking about the design of Dynasty's new marker to a bunch of you people complaining and moaning about all the bad things about the 03 Shocker that you've heard but don't know squat about. Did your parents ever teach you that if you have nothing good to say then don't say anything at all? I'm so sick of people on AO here talkng trash about other markers. There's still more than enough that the rest of the world can say about Mags before any of you should ever open your mouth. Get your company's owner to get his own house in order before you start decrying other people's markers...jeez...I'm started to side with Warped1...

so let's get the topic back to Dynasty's new ride...I like it...I like it so much I'm going to take a real look at it at the Paintball Expo next week...I may post here...but most of my pictures will be up at Shockerowners.com...where we don't talk trash about mags...so if you want some real info...go there...

word

WARPED1
01-31-2004, 04:19 PM
did I mention Bea Youngs was there also? hahahaha.. You bastard!:p

~WarpedRT#2~
02-01-2004, 12:21 PM
And Bea Youngs is supposed to be an asset to a party? ummm...

02-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Gee, what about the countless others? The non pro? People like me who only wish they got paid to play? Those of us who've been playing 14 years, shot nearly every gun made, and recognize quality when they see it?

I wasn't bashing the shocker (I own one I know how good it is) I was just pointing out that you cannot judge the performance of a gun by if a pro team uses it or not.

WARPED1
02-01-2004, 05:27 PM
Very true, good point.