PDA

View Full Version : Help out a fellow 'baller....

Creative Mayhem
01-30-2004, 02:50 PM
My friend Darren has played paintball a number of times, and has been looking forward to the next time I arranged a day of paintball for charity(this spring) Unfortunately, he has been sick for some time now. He had an enlarged spleen, a severe sinus infection and the kicker, Lymphoma(sp?) Things looked good for recouperation, he actually was awake and enjoying a coke on Saturday. Then sunday afternoon, things took a severe trun for the worse. They transferred him from the hospital that performed the operation for his spleen, to the best hospital in southern Ontario, McMaster(Mac) Hospital, they did so in the snow storm(something they don't normally do) He could only get the care he needed at Mac. Once there the found a large amount of fluid built up around his heart causing his circulation to drop off. They drained it off, let him rest then things got even worse. The Lymphoma, which normally is the type of Cancer you would want to get, got so bad that the doctor has nevere seen a case spread this rapidly in his 25+yrs of Cancer treatment. So, now he is on machines to do eveything for him, breath, circulate his blood, dialysis, you name it. It's definately not the way to live. The doctors have been waiting for any sing of change, good or bad, but nothing. Apprently the sickness prior to this onset of health issues really took its toll, and now, I'm afraid he has no more fight left in him.

To make matters worse, he has a wife a 3 week old baby, new house and car, that all needs tending to. Friends and family are doing all they can to aid them both emotionally and finacially but things really don't look good. There is a possibility that he may not have insured the house in case of one of thier death's(him of his wife) So there's the definate possiblity of losing the house. The supermarket where I work, and where Darren and his wife work have collected some money as well as the hockey team he played on. I am now calling on AO to help out. I told myself I wouldn't come here on AO and ask for anything, but after seeing him lying there, a shell of his former self, I felt compelled to try to do something... ANYTHING! Darren is afterall, my friend.

This is what I propose to you AO, I am going to try to auction off some bits and pieces lying around here. I will have some pics for you later, I spent most of my day at the hospital after work and I need some rest. So tommorrow I will have pics for you.

Here's my list.

JT Speed Collar and pods(5)........... bid start at $10.00

Chrome Gas thru grip.................. bid start at $5.00

Aluminum Gun case(tool box)........... bid start at $10.00

ANS Gen-X reg(purple and chrome)....... Bid start at $50.00

V-Force Shield Mask(green/black)....... bid start at $20.00

SP 12" Teardrop barrel(mag threaded)... bid start at $15.00

Dye 12" SS stainless barrel(mag thread) bid start at $20.00

BE Talon pump w/hopper & 4oz Co2 tank.. bid start at $15.00

Please post your bid. I will give these items a week for bidding. PLEASE bid generously, any help will be apreciated. Help me, help my friend and his new family.

If you wish to help out in other ways, please PM me. IF not, please keep my friend and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Happy bidding.

Sincerest of thanks,

Jeremy "Creative Mayhem" Shortt,
Captain, Team AFTICA

Mods: if this is misplaced, please feel free to move it where it should be, I was hoping for the most exposure.

dansim
01-30-2004, 03:05 PM
ill bid 15 for the talon and 4oz tank

impostal22
01-30-2004, 03:15 PM
i'll do the speed collar if you take paypal

dansim
01-30-2004, 03:40 PM
Hes taking bids on this stuff impostal so the collar is up for bidding, it may end higher than his posted price

oldsoldier
01-30-2004, 04:04 PM
My sympathies and prayers go out to you and Darren. I will call you from home next week...we will talk.

Muzikman
01-30-2004, 04:22 PM
$50 for the Talon
$50 for the gun case
$20 for the gas thru

Plus I'll donate an additional $30 just to make it a nice round number.

The Action Figure
01-30-2004, 10:33 PM
dye barrel 50$ IM RELLY SORRY MAN tell your friend ill be prayin

WonderPug
01-31-2004, 06:24 PM
Jeremy,

First off, I would like to let you know that my thoughts are with you and Darren and his family. Dealing with an illness is a difficult thing to do, and it takes alot out of everyone. If there is anything I can possibly do, please do not hesitate to ask. I offer any service I can give.

Secondly, I have no need for anything listed above, but I would still like to contribute. Ill send you a check for $40. I know its not much, but I hope it helps.

And Lastly...
I Call on all of you guys at AO. For years you have come to AO meets and various events and have developed a brotherly bond with each other. Creative_Mayhem has always been there when youve needed advice or a sense of twisted canadian Humor. Its Payback Time! Even if you dont need the things on the list, Im sure most of you have random gear lying around that you never use, and what better way to use it now than to donate it to someone in need. I say this, Put your gear up for auction, cause every little bit helps. This is the time to not think about ourselves, but about those who need our help most.

So Please, Get in touch with Creative_Mayhem and find out how you can help. We are all one big family, and when family needs help it is our duty to respond.

Oded

moneyinmag
01-31-2004, 07:12 PM
dude that really sucks. tell hime we are all prayin for him. i will look through all my stuff and my friends. tell me if u need anything its gotts be hard on you.

sorry man
jeremy

Load SM5
01-31-2004, 10:31 PM
Should the money be sent to your place or do you have an alternate address for donations? I don't need a thing in your list but I should be able to scrape up around $50 or so to help your bud out. LMK Captain.

FalconGuy016
02-01-2004, 03:53 PM
I wish I had spare money to send. That is so aweful :(

I can literally say, <b>literally</b>, I dont have more than $5, in any bank and in my wallet.

Demobilized
02-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Taking Paypal donations?

Riotz
02-02-2004, 12:34 PM
I was just cleaning out some stuff and I was going to give it away for free to people who wanted to pick it up in Jersey.

However, I much rather donate it here, all they have to do is either pick it up or send me the money for shipping and then send the rest to Mayhem.

I will post a list later. It consits of Computer tower cases, Paintball harness, goggles, Jerseys, etc.

tyrion2323
02-02-2004, 01:50 PM
I don't need any of that stuff, but I can paypal you some money just because.

Also, I will sell my alternative JT mask with thermal lens and donate the money to Darren. If anyone wants, it's a Elite JT mask with a thermal insert. I've never had a fogging problem - i upgraded to a Flex 7 for looks, really.

Beginning bid = $17 plus shipping.

Jacob

Creative Mayhem
02-03-2004, 05:13 AM
AO, I don't know what to say, I am truly overwhelmed. Please bear with me, I have tried posting several time and have had trouble finding the words.

I would like to update you on his situation. Darren's wife was basically told, the she might have to make a decision. They had been waiting for a sign of imporvement, there was none, the machines were doing everything for him. He just didn't look to have the strength to keep his body going. His blood doctor said that his blood acid levels had dropped ever so slightly, and for them to give him another day. Good news? Maybe. When I went yesterday, he was still critical, but apprently his blood acid levels had dropped some more, again, ever so slightly. The doctors took him off the dialysis to see if things would change, apparently they haven't gotten worse and havent gotten better, his numbers remain the same. They have reduced 2 of his medicines somewhat, and are taking baby steps with him. They still haven't gone after the cancer like they want to, but they need to get him to a point where he can withstand the chemo. Is this good news? I believe so. Is he out of the woods? Hell no, he has a long way to go, and can turn for the worse at anytime. Everybody is just taking it day, by day. He is still in critical condition, but he is squeezing hands and reacting to stuff on TV, like that Tina? off of survivor, he hated her, and I guess was happy she got the boot

I would like to personally thank everyone, from those of you that have bid on my "trinkets", those who have PM'd me for an address to send personal donations(no paypal, sorry), and all who have taken the time to read about my friend and his current situation. I believe his getting better will hinge on the thoughts and prayers of anyone who thinks of him at least once.

I would also like to thank those of you in chat, Tuna, RelapsedKevin/Wrathchild?, I can't really remember everyone who offered stuff up for auction. I can't remember everything that you guys offered up, if you could please post it here. Thank you very much, even though you guys had me in tears. :(

If anyone has something they wish to put up for auction, I guess just post it, if you wish to make a small donation, PM me and I will give you my mailing addy. (Dont want to put it up here for everyone to see.)

Once again, a very sincere thank you to all of you here on AO. I truly love you guys, you are my extended family, and I know that I can draw on you for love and support in rough times.

Jeremy

yeahthatsme
02-03-2004, 05:56 AM
my thoughts are with you and darren CM, wishing for a full recovery.

i'll look around for things i can add for auction.

Creative Mayhem
02-03-2004, 06:30 PM
AO, I have some bad news. This morning at 12:30am, Darren took a turn for the worse. He had major seizures, and was coughing up blood. Apparently he had some internal bleeding that couldnt be helped due to his weekened state. His life support and drugs were shut off this afternoon, and he passed peacefully with his wife by his side.

I believe things happen for a reason, while his passing might not have a reason at this moment, I have no doubt that he will be there to show me and his famliy why life is precious. I just found out a little something today, his baby wasn't due till next week. Yet, when it came time to deliver the baby, he just smiled and said "today is a good day to have a baby!" He went to the hospital helped deliver the baby, had a beautiful day with hic baby Connor Darren, and his wife, even though he was very sick the day before and the day after the birth. Coincidence? I think not. Like I said before, his baby wasn't due till next week, and yet Connor came early... Why? Things happen for a reason. This is proof, I believe it with all my heart.

I thank you for your kind words and thoughts in this time of loss. I am still going to try to raise something for his wife and new baby. With Darren gone, she will need all the support she can possibly get. I don't want to sound like someone begging for money, but I really think we could help this young family. Please help if you can, if no, then please say a prayer or think a kind thought of this family in thier time of great sorrow.

Jeremy

The Action Figure
02-04-2004, 09:22 AM
things do happen for a reason and our merciful lord has a plan for this young family, he will watch over them

paint magnet
02-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Damn man, I know how you feel. I had a friend die a few months ago, after battling cancer for 3 years...

So I've got a pair of brand new silver/black fade Frymark Emag grips, start the bidding at $30. PM me if you want them and if/when they sell I will contact CMayhem to find out how to send the money to him.

hitech
02-04-2004, 05:28 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I hope the family does okay.

I don't know about bidding on anything, however, I would like to donate. How should we do that?

moneyinmag
02-04-2004, 05:46 PM
Dang i feel for you jeremy. Tell his wife good luck and get us some pics of the baby. its real nice he held out for the baby. He sounds like he was a great guy. im sorry i never got to meet him. i hope all is well for his wife and connor if hes anything like his dad sounded like he was im sure he will be a great kid and when hes old enough to play bring him to an AO event. im really proud to be on ao man guys are bein so nice makes me happy bein part of this family.

Sorry best wishes,
Jeremy

FrAuStY
02-04-2004, 06:26 PM
Dear Lord, GOD,

I pray thee to watch over the family that Darren had to leave in this time that was to be joyous. I pray you give his wife and child the strength, courage, and understanding to overcome their emotional burdens,hardships and grievances. Please stand by to watch over them, comfort them, and show them that Darren didn't "leave" he just grew wings, and in fact he's going to watch over them for the rest of their lives.
Please take care of Darren's wife, give her the opportunities and resources that she'll need to take care of little Connor, and herself. Love them, and take them under your arm, shelter them from this hardship which has come upon them. In your name I pray, Amen

Jeremy,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, it's hard to lose a friend, but like you said, everything happens for a reason. No one knows when it's their time, but when your clock hits that point... it's time to go. You know he's in a better place, free of all his ailments and pains. Be thankful for the good times, and possibly the bad times you had. Remember him as he was.. not as he is. You know my number, and I'm a shoulder to lean on if you need it. Take care of yourself, God will take care of Darren and his mother (never got the name)

Sincerely your friend,
Ryan

The Frymarker
02-09-2004, 08:38 AM
CM I am so sorry to hear of your loss, and I am also for his wife and family. If there is anything at all I am here, always.

I would like to put up for auction 2 original drawings of Clare. Each will be signed, framed in a box frame, and issued a certificate of authenticity. I will mail them out from here. I also placed them on my site and any bids I recieve through email I will put here.

I also have a batch around 30 sale grips that you can have that I will place up on the charity page of my site. Once all are sold I will give you the proceeds.

here the the link:

http://www.grip-me.com/charity.htm

The pics:
http://www.grip-me.com/gripmepics/frymarkdesignsportfolio/Dcam0809.jpg

http://www.grip-me.com/gripmepics/frymarkdesignsportfolio/Dcam0810.jpg

Creative Mayhem
02-09-2004, 11:23 AM
WOW! Heather, what can I say... Thank you VERY MUCH.

This is such a kind and generous gesture. Heck I want to bid on one of those pics myself.

Update on my stuff will be done soon. The perverbial poop has hit the fan for me as of late, so I will get to listing who won what ASAP.

Thanks again AO for your generosity and kindness.

impostal22
02-09-2004, 11:24 AM
feel better, sir. i hope everything goes as smoothly as is possible from here on out.

The Frymarker
02-09-2004, 12:10 PM
I'm here for anything, you can start the bid at what ever I guess.

How long for the auction?

The grips I will leave on the site for as long as it takes to sell them all, I figured $5 a pair and shipping is separate at $5

Bolter
02-09-2004, 06:58 PM
I know exactly what his wife went through. Tough times. :(

ntn4502
02-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Jermey, I'm so sorry for just now reading this, my strengh goes out to you and the ones involved, if you ever need a friend to talk to, you know I'm here for you man.

Nelson

The Frymarker
02-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Hi CM,

I posted a link in Logic's thread regarding the grips and the vert frame.

I am getting some emails for the left overs that I have.

Some people didn't even know about this thread.

I haven't gotten any takers on the drawings though, hmm.

I hope you and your friend's family are okay. I'll keep you updated!

Here's the link again guys for the left over stock, when I get more pics of the other grips, emag, .45 I'll post them.

http://www.grip-me.com/charity.htm

TraXeR
03-05-2004, 09:33 PM
Heather, are those Clare pics still up for bid? If so, what are they at, I'd like to place a bid for them.

The Frymarker
03-06-2004, 06:04 AM
Hey Traxer yes they are....I haven't recieved any bids :(

They are the original drawings.

So if you want to start the bidding, thanks :)

TraXeR
03-06-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by The Frymarker
Hey Traxer yes they are....I haven't recieved any bids :(

They are the original drawings.

So if you want to start the bidding, thanks :)

$25 for this one:http://www.grip-me.com/gripmepics/frymarkdesignsportfolio/Dcam0810.jpg

May feel high or low to you caus eim not too sure how much to bid on a framed picture... but its for generosity and plus that pic rocks. CM my heart goes out to you and you friends family, I've said many a prayer for them.

The Frymarker
03-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Okay $25 starts it, what I'll do is give it a month see if there is any more bids and if not than it's yours :)

TraXeR
03-06-2004, 04:25 PM
k sounds good... hyopthetically if i win.. what payment do you want? i dont have paypal and i dont have a card to get signed up for an account, dad wont let me *grumble* and how much for shipping?

The Frymarker
03-07-2004, 05:51 AM
Incase your following this thread and not the other,

The drawings are now at $151.27 for the one with the mask and $150 for the one without.

I will accept a check or money order Traxer, that is not a problem.

Shipping is on me.

Thank you so much for your start up bid!

dre1919
03-10-2004, 12:20 AM
My sympathies and prayers go out to your friend bro. Hope he gets well soon. Take care.

Creative Mayhem
03-18-2004, 02:12 PM
I would Like to take this opportunity to thank EVERYONE who has helped out in this time of need, from those who helped me emotionally, to the ones who have graciuosly donated money, and to those who are currently bidding on the pictures of Clare drawn by Heather Frymark. I would especially like to thank Heather for the generous offer to host an inpromtu auction, and those of you who have said prayers for my friend and his family. I cannot tell you how much this means to me, and my friend's family, not to mention my friend who is undoubtedly looking down on us. Thank you so very much.

Jeremy Shortt

Here are a few pics of my friend and his family, taken just before his passing.

Baby and family pics. (http://babiesonline.com/imagegallery/gallery.asp?be=h/hugs)

The Frymarker
03-18-2004, 03:03 PM
You're very welcome Jeremy, I only wish I could do more.

I couldn't have done it alone, all the AO'ers that helped me, really are the ones to be thanked.

If you or his family need anything else, let me know because I am always here to help.

oneworld
05-06-2004, 09:05 PM
im sorry to hear about your friend,,,,i had and enlarged spleen last year and a bad pnemonia i know how he feels man..i have no money at all but ill go through my paintball stuff and donate some stuff for you to sell..

ill be prayin.........no love has a greater man than this...to lay down his life for his friends (john 15:13)