View Full Version : Chipley Custom Machine Series 5

Jack & Coke
01-30-2004, 04:56 PM
http://www.uploadit.org/rrfireblade/CCM-Series-5-00.jpg

http://www.uploadit.org/rrfireblade/CCM-Series-5-01.jpg

http://www.uploadit.org/rrfireblade/CCM-Series-5-02.jpg

http://www.uploadit.org/rrfireblade/CCM-Series-5-03.jpg

http://www.uploadit.org/rrfireblade/CCM-Series-5-04.jpg

This is a great entry into an autococking marker. Warrantied for life, just like everything that we make. Utilizes many of the same components as the J2. The main difference between the Series 5 and the J2 is mainly a matter of aesthetics, and weight.

So, if a 'sleeper' is your style, then check out the Series 5. Proudly made in the USA, and the quality shows. Comes in dust black, with polished pneumatics.

Each of the components is hand tested and inspected to ensure the highest performance and fit. Now shipping with the CCM 12" Barrel. (not the progressive as pictured)

Great price!....................................$475.00

EDIT: thanks and big props to RRfireblade for hosting the pics of my new gun... :)

ramennoodles
01-30-2004, 04:59 PM
nice, tell us how it feels.

Brophog
01-30-2004, 05:02 PM
I can't speak for their autococking semi markers, but the J2 and Series 5 pumps are highly regarded as some of the best Sheridan style pumps in the world.

Spaceman613
01-30-2004, 05:08 PM
I re-timed a SV for a customer... I liked it alot. So much that I have a CCM trigger frame and pneus coming for one of my "work guns"

And the j2 pumper Ive shot (Dan from Bunkerboyz') really shot nicely. almost as nice to shoot as my custom snipers.

Jack & Coke
01-30-2004, 05:11 PM
The trigger feels crisp.

The feed neck is Angel threaded like the Mag ULE body.

I spoke with Jason Chipley (owner) yesterday, and he told me the ram is larger than normal, which allows for a lower cocking/loading pressure.

I'm not sure how 'soft' this will be on the balls (chops due to misfeeding). I'll be sure to report back here as soon as I learn more about it. (I'm still a little green when it comes to all the nuances of cockers)

Muhahahaha! Now I can shoot farther and flatter than ever before!!!

LOL! J/k! :p I had to throw that in there ;)

Dubstar112
01-30-2004, 07:26 PM
Well, Im glad you like it. I hope my answers helped you. I have never chopped a ball though. Its a very nice marker for the money.

I need to time mine though. The trigger was nice outta the box, and I hadda mess with it. :(:)

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1028006

RRfireblade
01-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke

Muhahahaha! Now I can shoot farther and flatter than ever before!!!

Well you better turn that velocity down then mister.;)

Good luck with it though,Cockers are kinda fun in a holy cow I can't believe all these moving parts going in different directions actually come together to fire a paintball in any kind of a consistant manner.......kinda way.

At least that's what I think everytime I pull the trigger.;)

Jay.

Dubstar112
01-30-2004, 07:43 PM
lol, thats true. Every time i pull the triggeer i think "wow only one ball came out for all that".

I short stroke all the time, or forget to turn the hopper on. Making the transition from electro to manual is difficult sometimes, especially when a 10 year old just lit you up with his daddy's ir3. :)

Jack & Coke
01-30-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade

Well you better turn that velocity down then mister.;)

LOL

Reminds me of last Oct, when I was ref at a private game.

Well, these two guys were marveling at how incredibly "flat" one of the guy's Sniper II was shooting.

Before the start of one of the games, he had a crowd of kids watching at how his "closed-bolt" marker was shooting "flat" and how his autococker would shoot the same.

I walked up and chronoed him with my Radarchron... because something didn't look right, hot day + Co2 hmmm...

http://www.discountpaintball.com/images/radarpic.jpg

LOL! ...335! ...328! ...332!

Needless to say, after he brought his gun back down to 280 fps, it shot just as "flat" as evey Tippy, Sypder, Angel, etc. that everyone else had. :D

RRfireblade
01-30-2004, 07:55 PM
That's pretty typical.

The Handheld chrono is one of the greatest inventions in paintball.(even tho it came from another sport;))

I take it everywhere and am amazed at how often kids are shooting hot,sometimes REAL hot.I chroned this kids spyder once @ 380fps.You couldn't get it under 350.I asked him what did he do to cause it,he says nothing it's stock......oh,I put a spring kit in there.I said why?He's sys some kid told him too but he doesn't know what it does.I said IT MAKES YOU SHOOT HOT!! Dummy.:D

Miltonyz
01-30-2004, 07:58 PM
It seems to me that the hand chronys seem to show a higher fps then a big red chrono. Has anyone else noticed that?

RRfireblade
01-30-2004, 08:08 PM
Not mine.I have a Pact Timer/Chrono as well and it's within 1-2fps usually.Every now and then you might get a screwball reading but thats pretty typical w/ these kinds of devices.

Jay.

Brophog
01-30-2004, 08:17 PM
They're not as accurate as a field chrony.

However, their main use is for refs or others who are "spot" checking a player, presumably one that should have chronoed earlier using a field chrony!

For refs they're great for checking players on the field during games, or when you suspect someone may have tampered with a marker. In those applications, you don't need to be spot on, +/- 5 will do you good enough, and the RadarChrono is certainly capable of that.

They're not meant for standalone chronoing, in my opinion, but are invaluable for big games or any other atmosphere where you have a lot of people.

Joni
01-30-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
That's pretty typical.
I take it everywhere and am amazed at how often kids are shooting hot,sometimes REAL hot.I chroned this kids spyder once @ 380fps.You couldn't get it under 350.I asked him what did he do to cause it,he says nothing it's stock......oh,I put a spring kit in there.I said why?He's sys some kid told him too but he doesn't know what it does.I said IT MAKES YOU SHOOT HOT!! Dummy.:D

That reminds me of when me and my friend chronoed for the first time a couple of years ago. We had only been playing with some friends in the woods earlier. My friend had a spyder, that at his original setting shot about 360-380. The only way to get it under 300 was to screw out the setscrew so far, it almost fell out. Meanwhile, my cheap spyderclone would not shoot over 250. No wonder I had felt outshoot by him =).

Anyway, today we have a handheld radarchrono to make sure that everyne is under 300.

Ov3rmind
01-30-2004, 09:21 PM
It's pretty typical of Spyders to chrono well into the 300's stock. Most Spyders I've seen have had their mainsprings clipped.

RobAGD
01-30-2004, 09:32 PM
J&C - They are very nice guns, We sell quite a few of then but there is one littloe problem with them and that the fact that they use a very soft alumium on the accessories ( Ram, 3 Way and Regs [inline & LPR] ) So Unless you want to replace them right away be super carefull taken it apart ( I would advise NOT taking it apart at all )

They are the closest things to Works cockers being made, and I LOVE works cockers. Its one of the few cockers I can shot fast as hell with out making it sound like a wounded duck.

The J2 is just fugley

-Robert

Jon/xpm
01-30-2004, 10:44 PM
CCM & Works are the same cocker and parts but
have different milling

They make some good stuff :D

Jack & Coke
01-30-2004, 11:49 PM
I just aired it up.... omg! Silky smooth and sweet! I stuck my finger in the breech... tada.. just a tad stronger than a level 10 bolt :)

Short stroking still possible, but definately not as prone as my friend's WGP cocker. In fact, I have to really try to be fast and carelessly sloppy on the trigger in order to short stroke it. I would stay it is in between a ULT and stock RT in terms of being prone to short stroking. Of course, this is while dry firing...

Oh well, back to the Laker game, I'll post some pics later tonight.

ciao :)

sslecyk03
01-30-2004, 11:59 PM
is that the high rise ccm feedneck because ive seen a ccm feedneck where the only part u could see is the part the hopper goes into not the skinnier area on the bottom.

Ov3rmind
01-31-2004, 12:01 AM
Short stroking still possible, but definately not as prone as my friend's WGP cocker. In fact, I have to really try to be fast and carelessly sloppy on the trigger in order to short stroke it. I would stay it is in between a ULT and stock RT in terms of being prone to short stroking. Of course, this is while dry firing...
Tighten up that timing!

RRfireblade
01-31-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by sslecyk03
is that the high rise ccm feedneck because ive seen a ccm feedneck where the only part u could see is the part the hopper goes into not the skinnier area on the bottom.

That's actually the "Low rise". They do make a "no" rise,as they call it,which is probably the one you saw.

Jay.

Jack & Coke
01-31-2004, 12:30 AM
(end of 3rd quarter... Lakers 66 64)

"Tighten up that timing..."

Yeah, I know... but I'm scared to touch it. I've heard soooo many horror stories about noobs and cockers. I'm definately going to read up and learn first! :)

Any quick tips?

The feed neck is a clamping low rise CCM.

I swapped it out and put on my AGD ULE body no rise. Looks nice!

...back to the game...

RRfireblade
01-31-2004, 12:36 AM

Any quick tips?

I'm definately going to read up and learn first!

Best one so far. ;)

They're really very simple.

Easiest thing about a Cocker is almost everything that ever needs adjusted is on the OUTSIDE of the gun.:D

Jay.

Dubstar112
01-31-2004, 12:50 AM
i still cant time mine very well. shoooting slow im fine, but once i start shooting fast, it gets really off.

Ov3rmind
01-31-2004, 01:09 AM
(end of 3rd quarter... Lakers 66 64)

"Tighten up that timing..."

Yeah, I know... but I'm scared to touch it. I've heard soooo many horror stories about noobs and cockers. I'm definately going to read up and learn first! :)

Any quick tips?
There's no better place to read up on timing than Ravi's Guide (http://www.paintballravi.com/Articles/AutocockerInfosheet/ACTroub.html). It's a bit dated, but still a very good read. Despite how detailed it is, timing is a pretty quick process, just takes a few tries to get it right.

In the case of reducing shortstroking, you'll want to focus on 3-way and sear lug timing. Both are pretty simple and quick procedures.

Pstan
01-31-2004, 01:24 AM
Hey Jack......

I agree with Overmind.......Ravi's place is excellent reading on timing and such.

Very nice marker.......I've been thinking of buying one for quite a while now......just havent pulled the trigger yet.......maybe after taxes!!

Jack & Coke
01-31-2004, 03:34 AM
Sorry... I have some great pics, but the dumb server won't let me upload anything... :(

I keep getting the message:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the Automags.Org Online Forums database.

Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

http://www.amyadams.com/photography/images/pm04.jpg

breg
01-31-2004, 04:06 AM
J&C,
That thing looks sweet. I love the plain look of it. You see a lot of crazy milling some times. IT's nice to see a marker that looks so nice with out it. BEAUTIFUL...
You'll have to give us a report after you take it to the field and shoot some paint through her.

EDIT:

Doesn't CCM make pumps as well? How do those handle?

Jack & Coke
01-31-2004, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by breg
J&C,
That thing looks sweet. I love the plain look of it. You see a lot of crazy milling some times. IT's nice to see a marker that looks so nice with out it. BEAUTIFUL...
You'll have to give us a report after you take it to the field and shoot some paint through her.

EDIT:

Doesn't CCM make pumps as well? How do those handle?

Wait till you see the pics I took!:D

Yes, CCM does make pumps... very nice ones too!:p

J2 Pump Series

http://www.chipleymachine.com/images/j2pumpbl.jpg

The Pump stroke is simply amazing, and the way it shoots, is incredible. Used by the CCM factory team in many national level tournaments, this is how to improve your game. Pump play forces you to aim, and be concious of the shots you are taking.

Made with Components produced entirely in house, all components produced in the United States, none of our work is farmed out to foreign countries. Each of the components is hand tested and inspected to ensure the highest performance and fit.

New Lower Price! ....................................$575.00.... $900

Note: Color choices are very limited, these are being discontinued. If you have a particular color that you want, it would be best to call the shop and see what we still have. You can make a note in the shopping cart when you finish the order as to a desired color, and we will do our best to fill that; however that is not a guarantee as to a particular color.

==================================================

Series 5 Pump

http://www.chipleymachine.com/images/ps5lg.jpg

This is a great entry into a higher end marker. Warrantied for life, just like everything that we make. Utilizes many of the same components as the J2. The main difference between the Series 5 is mainly a matter of aesthetics, and weight.

So, if a 'sleeper' is your style, then check out the Series 5. Proudly made in the USA, and the quality shows. Comes in dust black, with polished pump accessories.

Each of the components is hand tested and inspected to ensure the highest performance and fit. Now shipping with the CCM 12" barrel.

Great price!............................................ ..$425.00

2k+ Pump Kit / 99 Pump Kit

http://www.chipleymachine.com/images/2kpumpkit.jpg

If you want the best pump stroke available, then there is no substitute. Constructed from Stainless Steel, and Aluminum, with a Delrin pump handle. They are sure to last a lifetime.

$70.00

99 Mini Pump Kit

http://www.chipleymachine.com/images/2kpumpkit.jpg

This kit is designed for a '99 mini-cocker body, and will give your 99 mini an unparralleled pump stroke, while retaining the short profile length.

$85.00

Chojin Man
01-31-2004, 06:02 AM
That looks cool Jack. I like the "sleeper" style. I have always wanted to buy a cocker, but when I think of all of the pnuematics and 80 moving parts my brain starts to hurt. I wouldn't even know where to start if anything went wrong with it.

zeroack
01-31-2004, 11:01 AM
I know a couple of people that shoot Chipley's. They all love them. Cockers aren't that bad once you study them a little.

Zero

tony3
01-31-2004, 11:39 AM
jack email the pics to me [email protected] and ill host and post um

RRfireblade
01-31-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by tony3
jack email the pics to me [email protected] and ill host and post um

I got for him,thanks for the offer.

Jay.

Jack & Coke
01-31-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks Jay and Tony... :)

I hope Webby can get the server attachment problem fixed soon... AO's just not the same without attachments ;)

Dubstar112
01-31-2004, 01:55 PM
oo they work now.

Very nice. I may opt for a lower rise in the future, and I like your bottom line setup :) Drops are for chicks!

Dubstar112
01-31-2004, 02:03 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1028006
Just for other people to compare the two.

your pics dont work again. They seem to be lag'ing my broadband a lot.

*now they work*

*now they dont*

maybe its my computer?

Jack & Coke
01-31-2004, 02:16 PM
strange... sometimes i get the red x, sometimes the [pics show up... ?

Maybe because uploadit is British? ;)

j/k

RRfireblade
01-31-2004, 03:52 PM

Maybe because uploadit is British? ;)

And I paid in USD instead of Pounds,just for spite.;)

Actually,I've had pretty good service from them since I purchased space,the free service was real inconsistant.

Jay.

Ityl
01-31-2004, 04:05 PM
The basics of timing a cocker is easy. First you want it to shoot, then recock. What I do is pull the trigger very slowly and make sure it shoots, then I pull a little more and it then recocks. Too close together and you get a lot of blowback and too far apart is a long pull. Play around with it and you'll get it.