PDA

View Full Version : new mag part idea what do you think

bratch
09-15-2001, 12:08 AM
Who would like AGD to make SS screws for mags? I have nearly stripped numerous screws on my emag. I know someone makes a SS upgrade for angels. Maybe if the response is high enough we could talk AGD into it? Tell them what you think. Thanks

magking1971
09-15-2001, 12:44 AM
Good idea,I'm for it.

BlackVCG
09-15-2001, 12:52 AM
Let's see here. The only Non-SS screw on the E-Mag is the front grip frame screw and the battery pack case screws. If you're stripping out the heads on the screws, you need to make sure you're using the proper size allen wrench, (Standard only on AGD products) and that you're inserting the allen wrench in as FAR as possible into the screw head. Otherwise you'll turn on it and the torque will strip out the head.

bratch
09-15-2001, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the info. I thought I had heard from someone that they were aluminum. thought it may be on the RT video. I'll watch it later and see if I can find it. I've nearly stripped the screws holding the sight rail on.

Peanut The Paintballer
09-15-2001, 09:55 AM
First off, im not one for allen heads to begin with, I hate having to deal with so many stupid sizes. Why cant they be phillips or straight slot heads? Phillips prefereably. That would be great.

Bub3814
09-15-2001, 07:02 PM
basically because an allen screw is harder to strip than a phillips or flathead screw (sometimes even with the proper head)...i love allen screws...i hate screws :)

InfinatyBPS
09-15-2001, 07:32 PM
I think at least they should make all the allen scews the same size, whats the point of all the different sizes. or at least keep it down to like 3 or 5 not like 40.