PDA

View Full Version : Detent Missing!?

Mindflux
01-30-2004, 09:28 PM
Is it commin for the RTP detents to just go MIA?

I havn't even shot PAINT out of this marker yet and my detent is gone. I was looking it over in preparation for tomorrow when I noticed the little ball is gone. I don't know where it is.. what gives :(

Now I can't go rip it up tomorrow because the dang detent flew out or something.

melster
01-30-2004, 09:29 PM
Wow. I guess this is a great reason to get one from kilaueakid then.

Mindflux
01-30-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by melster
Wow. I guess this is a great reason to get one from kilaueakid then.

Well sure, but now I can't use the marker I paid a good deal of money for until I get a replacement. What's the deal with these?

Steelrat
01-30-2004, 09:32 PM
The AGD detents seem to have a high attrition rate. My new emag has a kila detent, which seems much more durable. From what Ive heard, they are well worth the money.

Mindflux
01-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Steelrat
The AGD detents seem to have a high attrition rate. My new emag has a kila detent, which seems much more durable. From what Ive heard, they are well worth the money.

Again, I havn't even shot paint out of the marker yet! This just irks me :(

cphilip
01-30-2004, 09:54 PM
I heard of it. But so far I have still my original detents and still going strong. Just pick up any Angel detent and get back to playing this weekend. Deal with it later with AGD on it.

soccer4minimags
01-31-2004, 01:01 AM
My originals are still good. But its not uncommon. I don't know about the Kila ones though. In general angel detents are sort of crappy all together from what I gather. It seems every brand is either weak or shoots out. Maybe these kila ones are better than others, who knows. You could also buy that 10 pack of them in the AGD store. Also correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was rough on these detents if you dryfire too much. like extra wear or something.

Just a thought but is there a reason AGD went with the angel detents over cocker ones. I can't really see why.

Sorry to hear you haven't used you gun yet. Thats a bummer jacking stuff up before you can lay some paint.

Skoad
01-31-2004, 02:05 AM
i still have my original detent, and i was in the first batch of ULE bodies.

melster
01-31-2004, 02:06 AM
Should still be under warranty right? That should fall under "defective" materials/wormanship.

That 10 pack is what, $40? I don't think it's worth it to get the pack. Just get one that won't ever need replacement.

RT pRo AuToMaG
01-31-2004, 02:10 AM
Just slap angel detents in it. And whoever said angel ball detents are generally bad, where do you get that information? Maybe the stock ones are bad, but if ALL angel detents were bad, then maybe I should start making some that are good, that way I'd make a lot of money since every other manufacturer makes ****ty detents, right? :rolleyes:

Phil
01-31-2004, 10:56 AM
I got 37k shots on my IR3 with the original detent still going strong.