PDA

View Full Version : Haha 36th person in America to Order the Qloader!!!

nato
01-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Im just really happy because I have been waiting for this type of loading system for a loong time! All of my projects have been waiting for a custom compact loading system like this to come into their lives... Once it arrives I will tell you guys how it is.

N.A.T.O.

P.S.- The website is www.qloader.com if your intereseted in checking it out.

sslecyk03
01-30-2004, 10:01 PM
nice i can't wait to hear about it. Take some pics when its all set up. Im curious where you're gonna mount it

nato
01-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Hehe, Im trying to figure that out now so that when it comes I dont have to be sitting around with no clue where im gonna put the darn thing! Im thinking of making a "special adapter" to have it next to my tank or somewhat mounted like how a warp is to a warp bracket. (They are making the brackets to fit between the grip frame and drop but Im not planning on waiting all over again!)

N.A.T.O.

sslecyk03
01-30-2004, 10:16 PM
the best spot imo would be right on top of the tank. It would be completely out of your way and would be virtually impossible to hit but you'd probably need a longer feed hose.

Mindflux
01-30-2004, 10:29 PM
The order form says 4-8 weeks.

Have fun waiting boys ;)

tony3
01-30-2004, 10:46 PM
eerrrr, on the tank was my idea, anyways I'm definitely going to pick up one. Also nato, once you get it we got to meet somewhere so i can try it

nato
01-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Tony, will do. Arggggg! Your a better reader than I am... the waiting time angers me!!!
N.A.T.O.

~WarpedRT#2~
01-31-2004, 01:32 AM
I definityly want one(as many of you know) but Im waiting for a while. I want all bugs and problems to be worked out before I get one. I will have one though.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-31-2004, 02:06 AM
psst...hey nato, if ur goin to any AO events with this thing...u think u can give good ol' snyper a ride and a demonstration on how this thing works. (i find the price a little high for something that i think costs $30 to make)

DementedRabbit
01-31-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
i find the price a little high for something that i think costs $30 to make)

Welcome to paintball town. This your first time here?

WenULiVeUdiE
01-31-2004, 10:52 AM
Why mount it above the tank? It may be out of the way but thats going to be really hard to reload. If you did it under the barrel it mayb be easier to do. But then again how would you mount it there. If you like it above the tank then do it. Just have fun reloading.

tony3
01-31-2004, 11:42 AM
if you do it under the barrel, have fun shooting it.....tank wouldn't be that hard....

spantol
01-31-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm number 25. :)

FutureMagOwner
01-31-2004, 12:35 PM
im number 28 or 29 i think lol.

and accualy they apparently are going to ship on the 15-17th which isnt 4-8 weeks lol

nato
01-31-2004, 01:01 PM
Haha... I see your Number is "SHORTER" than mine!

Last night I took a regular 140 pod and used two rubberbands to mess around with it. It seems that I found an area near the tank that should work. The down side is that I doubt It will be fast to reload as some have mentioned above. Im a type of guy that enjoys looks but function is MUCH more important... I may have to just mount it under the barrel. The funny thing is that the pod itself is longer than my barrel! ;) Time to whip out the 12 inch front!

N.A.T.O.

FutureMagOwner
01-31-2004, 01:16 PM
ow i was just practicing how it would be on my emag with the under the barrel mount and just punched my the corner of the drawer that hold the keyboard! (another cut to hurt like heck when i wash dish at work...)

i accually think ill like the under the barrel mount better but i might need a longer freak front i think or maybe that ultralight i wanted.

i think this will be easier to use than my warp setup because holding the front grip makes it easier to hold the gun when shooting out each side (im weird so to shoot out the right i shoulder my gun on the left shoulder and hold it basically side ways which makes it odd with a warp feed since my right hand doesnt hold the gun at all when i shoot)

nato
01-31-2004, 01:25 PM
Wow... testing these fake Qloaders are an occupational hazard! I say you pull a SP move and sue Qloader.

Im going to hurt myself right now so I can make a million bucks and get a royalty for every 03 Shocker that is sold by them.

N.A.T.O.

FutureMagOwner
01-31-2004, 01:48 PM
lol and i just got an idea.

what if... we made a warp bracket sorta deal where it goes between the bottemline and the grips and then theres a cylinder that comes out instead of a flat piece of metal and you can use that to make it a tank mount! (coolhand im looking at you or rouge factor :D ;) or maybe even doc)

nato
01-31-2004, 02:03 PM
Thats what I said I was planning on doing in one of my 1st posts... q-loader is already making it and it says that it will be there soon in the website.

N.A.T.O.

Jack & Coke
01-31-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by nato

Time to whip out the 12 inch front!

LOL!:p

Remember this scene from Blazing Saddles?

http://www.augustachronicle.com/images/headlines/082203/10488_512.jpg

"Excuse me while I whip this out..."

QUINCYMASSGUY
01-31-2004, 02:55 PM
I would love it if they made extra-long pods so I could directly connect the loader on the top of marker and let it go back along the top of the body or out front over the top of the barrel.

logamus
01-31-2004, 03:02 PM
i may not fully understand the tank mounting option, but wouldnt that be just a bit more difficult to reload? i would think that mouting it vertically would be the easiest way to reload, and since this is all about speed.

FutureMagOwner
01-31-2004, 03:29 PM
well it can be used in the opposite direction making it like a under the barrel option but closer to you

ChucktheMAGician
01-31-2004, 03:53 PM
Is there a limit to how far it will feed?

Top Secret
01-31-2004, 04:18 PM
Here's an ingenius way to mount it, "warp-style". Have it sit exactly where the warpfeed normally sits and have the end of the pod sitting towards the tip of your barrel, with the actual mount itself sitting by the bottomline.

Jack & Coke
01-31-2004, 04:20 PM
I wonder how many of us have just grabbed a pod with our marker and started to brain-storm where to mount the silly thing... :p

FutureMagOwner
01-31-2004, 04:31 PM
top secret thats basically what i said ;) :p :D

nato
01-31-2004, 06:16 PM
No... Your ALL wrong.

N.A.T.O.

Crimson_Turkey
01-31-2004, 08:35 PM
I dont think the tank option would be that hard to reload. It would just take some getting used to. Alot of people go really fast when realoading a bullpub type rifle. You tip the gun forward from the grip fram and reload with the left hand.

barberjohn
01-31-2004, 09:23 PM
yea! i just got one of the starter packs, and probably will pick up another pod when i get the cash, jsut didnt want to throw down the 140 to get one. this should be neat!

coolcatpete
01-31-2004, 10:11 PM
my friend has one( he is a beta tester) and it is sick, It was amazing how fast he sould shoot a speed with it.
crazieness pete

FalconGuy016
01-31-2004, 10:51 PM
Wow, Im glad 3 out of the 36 owners in america are on AO. That way we can know how it performs (im pretty intrigued, it seems like a throw up to me)

BD_Paintball
01-31-2004, 11:24 PM
nato u better bring it to Promised land when we play in the summer. i want to check this thing out.

barberjohn
01-31-2004, 11:44 PM
hmm, it says im number 57. wow, these things are going faster than i thought. good thing i went ahead and bought one:D !

tribalman
02-01-2004, 12:20 AM
i was just at their site. assuming u can shoot 30 bps. the loader only holds 100 balls. so... every 3.33 seconds u'll have to reload. i find that kind of impractile. hopefully they will either make bigger loaders, or find a way to keep the same size, but increase the space inside by removing some parts.

hostage
02-01-2004, 01:08 AM
hrmm i am wondering if i should get one for my x-mag. I have a warped x-mag and oviously I use a warp. I wonder if this is a good upgrade for me, or should I wait till they come down and price, add some other features, or just buy it now before it may go on backorder or something...duno...what do yall think?
-Doron

nato
02-01-2004, 11:34 AM
I agree with tribalman. I do find it impracticle that it can feed 30 bps but only have 100 shots. Although its still nice to know that there should be no reason to chop due to the fact that it will always feed faster than my walking abilities. And what do I care??? Im a front player!

N.A.T.O.

QUINCYMASSGUY
02-01-2004, 01:33 PM
One thing to keep your eye out for is that although the hopper can feed 30bps, that is if you're tracking it directly from the edge of the loader, like in that sick video where it dumps them out on the tray. BUT.....

Gravity is not our friend. If the loader is hanging on the vertical reg pointed upward, the spring is going to have to do alot more work to push the ball as opposed to it pushing them downward. It seems they're holding it so the balls are going with gravity which would help hit that 30bps.

Also, the ball stack could have an effect. Think of a Halo which is also spring-loaded. The best results are had by an extremely short ball stack between the hopper and the marker. I bet the same thing can be said for this. The minimal amount of tubing or none at all would yield the best results.

In the manual, one thing they noted is that you load the spring pressure, and if you use to much it could break balls. To go easier on the balls you can minimize the tube distance and not make it work uphill too badly.

Mossman
02-03-2004, 10:20 PM
I grabbed a pod and a gun and a tank and tried to figure out where I will mount my Qloader too :)

This isn't the type of setup I like, but I must say that with no hopper on top I do like to hug my gun a little more, and if someone made something like this it'd proabably be pretty cool. It would depend on stuff like inline regs clearing the pod and with screwin tanks guages might be a problem, but all in all i think it gets in the way the least and is still really easy to reload.

You guys know those rock it cradles I think they're called that go around tanks? If someone made a mini one that fit the main part of the qloader, and gave it 2 bottomline screws on the bottom, I think this may work. I'll photoshop something up in a minute :)

Anyways heres the quick pic I took to make it easiest to picture in yer heads
http://209.6.170.71:800/PB/q.jpg

nato
02-03-2004, 10:36 PM
Pic wont show for me but I do know what you are talking about... I was thinking of doing something like that but I think Im gonna just wait for it to come to be able to fit it correctly.

N.A.T.O.

barberjohn
02-03-2004, 10:38 PM
i dont know, that just seems like the tank would be too far down, making my gun too tall. i like something on my shoulder, to brace with, but that is just me. i was thinking of picking up one of the adapters they are getting ready to come out with that lets you attach it above your tank, going back instead of forward. this would make it alot easier to change and more out of the way.

Mossman
02-03-2004, 11:10 PM
nato i changed the hosting so it should work now.

it's basically mounted like an inline warp and the hose would run the same way. I may have to try and rig something up, I don't really dig any of the ways its mounted on the site.

mikebridge
02-04-2004, 02:19 PM
why put it between the grip frame and tank like that? have a small bracket come out to the side just like a warp, then the tank only drops maybe 1/2" from the bracket, and the Qloader won't interfere with the inline reg (since its set off to one side or the other), and it'd retain the quick reload ability from having it pointing away from your torso.

Mossman
02-04-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by mikebridge
why put it between the grip frame and tank like that? have a small bracket come out to the side just like a warp, then the tank only drops maybe 1/2" from the bracket, and the Qloader won't interfere with the inline reg (since its set off to one side or the other), and it'd retain the quick reload ability from having it pointing away from your torso.

it's harder to take 3D pictures from the direct side of something so I decided to go the harder way that puts your tank in a worse place and requires custom fabrication...

hostage
02-04-2004, 04:47 PM
I just jumped onto the banwagon.
-Doron

nato
02-04-2004, 06:40 PM
I see the pic now... I did put it in that location but found that it was hard to use the foregrip. My hand would go down vertically from there but with the qloader in the way I cant.

N.A.T.O.