PDA

View Full Version : I have $260.00... what should I buy

Corbet
01-30-2004, 10:20 PM
So its my birthday, and so far I have about 260.00. By the end of the week I should have around 300.00. Heres what I have so far:

Classic Valve with LVL10
AM rail with logic milling
standard bottomline with macroline
Benchmark 2x trigger
Powerfeed Stock Body
Armson Stealth Barrel

So I was wondering, what do you guys think I should get?

Trade in my current valve and get a X-valve with ULT?
green ULE body and Kaner barrel kit?
Y-grip, check it drop w/ on/off, cp foregrip and other goodies?

I have no idea what route to go, the ULE would make my gun look better and I'd have a better barrel, but the X-valve will make my gun perform very nicely. But for some reason I hate putting down so much money on one thing. Heres my dream setup:

Kaner Barrel Kit
X-valve
ULT
Green ULE body
Y-Grip (or possibly logic electro gri)
Check it drop/onoff
CP drop
15 degree ASA

The Action Figure
01-30-2004, 10:27 PM
gowith a ule body and y grip (love mine) and geat a barrel on the classifieds

SpecialBlend2786
01-30-2004, 10:33 PM
If you already own a HPA system, i'd go with the X-valve, but istead of getting the ULT, get all the other goodies (forgrip, drop, etc...)

If you dont have nitro, go for the ULE+Kaner

funkykarl
01-30-2004, 10:34 PM
Gideon's route sounded pretty good... I'd go ULE before I went x-valve... chances are you won't encounter too much shootdown unless you pick up a ULT kit. But hey, that way you'd still have more to aspire to. If you like your benchy frame alot, as I did mine, then buy the barrel kit instead of a y-grip. But if you want a shorter and more snappy trigger, get the y-grip or intelliframe and a decent barrel keep in mind you can sell your current barrel and old body to help contribute to the upgrades, it could get you an extra 50-100 dollars or more depending on what you have. Anyways, it's all up to you... have fun with it!

Corbet
01-30-2004, 10:38 PM
I'm saving the barrel/body for a back-up gun (AKA the gun my girlfriend uses). I think I might do this:

Y-Grip
ULE frame
Drop or Grip

Then buy a barrel with the next 150.00 I get.

tony3
01-30-2004, 10:42 PM
Or sell your current gun for like 200-250, and buy a nice ule rt customf or 530. It would have all the upgrades you need for much cheaper.

funkykarl
01-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by tony3
Or sell your current gun for like 200-250, and buy a nice ule rt customf or 530. It would have all the upgrades you need for much cheaper.

That is an idea worth considering, but if you're saving parts for a different gun, well... yeah. Anyways, for a temporary fix I'm sure you can get ahold of a very cheap non gas-thru foregrip for the time being and buy a barrel or drop instead. I had the crappiest foregrip on my mag for as long as I owned it, but I grew to like it... did it's job and cost me nothing. I'll try and look up some deals for you.

Nofreetime
01-31-2004, 01:04 AM
The first thing I would do is get a replacement for the benchy - be it an intelliframe, y, or logic frame. This will give you the most immediate performance improvement. I have a benchy and hate it. Pull is just way too long.

Lee
01-31-2004, 06:23 AM
look around. you can get a retro valve for 150'ish. you already have the level 10, spend the rest on a ule body. i'm not a fan of the ult as i get my rof from the reactivity and much of that is lost with a ult.

retro and ule body will increase your rof. retro valve makes for a nice trigger pull with a benchy frame.

Barfly
01-31-2004, 06:38 AM
how about you buy my tall ss centerfeed body with a green boomie and green stock barrel. they are all in great condition by my standards. Here is a picture of it on my gun.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3636349163&indexURL=1&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting