PDA

View Full Version : Dye Stainless Barrel

Cheat71
01-31-2004, 09:43 AM
Is this barrel any good?
I have never tried any dye barrel, Anybody know what kinda paint is good with the dye stainless barrel?
This barrels kinda ugly I would prefer a smart parts teardrop, Im just asking whats the comparison between smart parts and dye with barrels?

abunkerer
01-31-2004, 12:22 PM
man those dye stainless barrels are heavy. But they look cool, and you dont have to worry about ever bending them, plus you can use it as a billy club". I had one, shot great with marbalizer, and it sounded cool when i shot it ping ping ping ping ping-stainless steel bolt hitting the stainless steel barrel-

dyeforever
01-31-2004, 04:15 PM
i got a ss 12" and alum 14" both dye. the ss i nice but really heavy and i have a bore size problem with that barrel. the alum is my favorite. it a little long for me but that barrel match paint bore real good.

o yeah it got the cool sound ping ping ping:D

havoc531
02-03-2004, 12:06 PM
I had the same bore size problem with an older Dye Stainless 12". It was way too small for Diablo Field paint, and that's all I used it for at the time, so I got rid of it.

sime
02-03-2004, 12:35 PM
i own 3 dye stainless' barrels, all three shoot evil and severe tempest (my 2 favorite paints) perfectly; as well as the zap i've tried. the bore is a bit large for every diablo i've used; but that stuff is tiny.

as the others said, it is heavy, but you won't scratch it too easily, and it's a nice balance to your gun, without getting a cramp in your wrist/neck from using a 9" dropforward.

personally, it also looks better then any smart parts barrel out there (but that's looks, and highly subjective)