PDA

View Full Version : Viewloader Revi Blues

punkncat
01-31-2004, 05:43 PM
Well I just broke my 5th revi this past year of paintballing.Snapped right off at the feed neck , both halves , same as they all have.
I am so bummed.Why won't they bring back the old plastic they used on the 9v? Those things are still running around working like a charm.You could run head first into a tree with it, take direct hits all day long and never have a problem.The new ones stink SO freaking bad!
Are the eVolutions any better about not breaking?
I just refuse to spend over 100$ on a Halo , with all the problems I see with them.Not to mention I generally don't shoot that fast.

TraXeR
01-31-2004, 05:51 PM
Unless you can find someone willing to sell you their strong revvy shells, I completely recommend a eVLution 2, that thing is STRONG. I have strong shells on mine, but I'm not willing to sell mine, sorry.

FrAuStY
01-31-2004, 05:59 PM
Have you checked with Dropzonepaintball? I think they have the old shells for like 6$ a piece. I know I bought mine from there and never have they broken.

Torbo
01-31-2004, 06:05 PM
i say get the old pre-be shells. They are awesome, and solve that problem very nicely.

joshweinerhead
01-31-2004, 06:11 PM
The Evo 2 clear shells are cruddy .. they crack easily and the screw holes strip uber easy ... but as for the black evo 2's they rock ...

bgredjeep
01-31-2004, 06:19 PM
I could be all alone in this, but I generally try not to run hopper first into obstacles. So far its given me a good track record w/ no broken Revys... I guess it could just be a fluke. Then again, I've never had a problem with my Halo either so maybe I'm just lucky.

-=Squid=-
01-31-2004, 06:19 PM
All the problems with halos? What problems?

punkncat
01-31-2004, 07:30 PM
I certainly don't try to run the hopper first into things , but it happens sometimes...
Three of the five I broke actually happened when the marker fell over.

I see people having problems with their Halo's quite often down at the field.Older ones burning out the board , stripped drive , feeding too hard and breaking balls or double feeding.I see many others with no problems at all.

I WISH I could find the old revi halves , but so far have been unsuccessful.

Digits
01-31-2004, 07:36 PM
Halo's are awsome if you can afford one.. Sometimes theres bad shells, but my shells have takin huge beatings (slammed into the ground falling and crap lol) and there still going strong.. The only problem I ever had with my halo was when I firt got it, it wouldn't start but it was either because my battery pack was in the wrong way, or I wasn't pushing the button in untill the second click, but it works great now..

And for double feeding.. If you have good detents you shouldn't have to worry about that.. The only bad I have to say about mine is the jewel's on the side come of easilly

Personally, I hate evo2's just because they feel so cheap.. But if you do get one, go for black, I don't know if i've ever really used a black one so the 'feeling cheap' comment applies to the clear ones, they just feel like they'll break.

Fred
01-31-2004, 08:41 PM
I havn't broken the new BE shells yet, but I did manage to break the lid off of it yesterday... two days of playing was all it took.

I wish the old lids fit the new shells...

---Fred

Link
01-31-2004, 09:16 PM
Buy a ricochet. It's like a revi only the shells are super strong and the customer service is great. They're a tad ugly but so worth it.

tony3
01-31-2004, 09:31 PM
Ahhh, *looks over at old revvy shells* the revvy doesn't see much use, I prefer my eggy more. I have owned 2 eggys and never had any broken shells. I love my revvy though, only if it fed alittle faster

punkncat
01-31-2004, 09:42 PM
I do have to admit though....another GREAT reason for LVL 10.In spite of having to use a shaker after I broke the Revi, I still have yet to break a ball in the RTP.It sure does suck being used to the motorized hopper and shooting blanks due to the hopper though!

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
01-31-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by punkncat
Why won't they bring back the old plastic they used on the 9v? Are the eVolutions any better about not breaking?
I just refuse to spend over 100$ on a Halo , with all the problems I see with them.Not to mention I generally don't shoot that fast.

They won't bring them back because they make more money keeping them. You break the shell and have to buy a new shell from them.

From what I've heard/seen the evo II's are better then the revvie shells, but are subject to breaking also...particular the lid and where it attaches to the loader.

What problems are you referring to? I've had my halo for some time now and haven't had a problem with it. When I've sent it back to Odyssey for software upgrades and a shell replacement (it cracked because I failed to read the instructions about properly tucking in the wire and reattaching the battery door covering...they still replaced the shell no questions asked)...it was nothing, but a wonderful experience. A lot better then my dealings with Viewloader/brass eagle on the revvies that I was breaking.

Halliday
01-31-2004, 09:48 PM
I've broken 3 Rev's and 1 Rico in 2 years. 2 Revs where brand new and just snapped off at the neck. The last one broke on one side of the neck when my Retro Mag took a 3' dive onto a building floor.

The plastic seems like junk to me, but when they're not snapped they actually feed well for me.

joshweinerhead
01-31-2004, 10:15 PM
some one should make metal revvie shells ... but not heavy or anything like really light alluminum .. or titanium

Lethargic
02-01-2004, 12:31 AM
My team has our own patented** (SP style) fix for the broken shells. We just use surfboard resin around all teh feednecks before we use them the first time. Let it dry a day or so, and its almost as good as metal. But if you want to use this method, you have to pay me a quarter.:D

tyrion2323
02-01-2004, 01:25 AM
solution:

diecast stainless steel revolution shells.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
02-01-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by tyrion2323
solution:

diecast stainless steel revolution shells.

stainless steel revvies...do u have any idea how heavy that will be?

Chojin Man
02-01-2004, 02:48 AM
Couldn't you just re-enforce the feed neck area with metal without having to do the whole thing?

swanster
02-01-2004, 07:25 AM
i have also broke 3 revvies this way ( at the feed neck ) also i now use a halo and that thing is storong, quick and problems?,,, never had any.

oh, and about the little steel inserts for revvies, we have them but i dont know how they are made. I think 32egrees sells them though

rikkter
02-01-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by TraXeR
Unless you can find someone willing to sell you their strong revvy shells, I completely recommend a eVLution 2, that thing is STRONG. I have strong shells on mine, but I'm not willing to sell mine, sorry.

haha, yeah. right.
i LITERALLY will not even remotely bump my egg2 into a tree LIGHTLY. the shells SUCK. i'm already one my 2nd pair of shells, and this shell is already breaking and i've only used it TWICE in a game.(because the lid broke)

now halos. i'll whack that against a tree any day. just dont want to :P

and i have 3 old revvy shells sitting in my bottom drawer. and no, no one can have them :P

but i heard the first couple batchs of the new shells had air stuck in them, hence why they always broke. but dont know if the corrected batchs still break as easily..