PDA

View Full Version : vikings are nice

The Action Figure
01-31-2004, 09:40 PM
paintmagnet had a viking today at alamo paintball, and those things are fast. first game got him pretty soon off the break, with my mag like once, then next game he turns aroung and smacks me like 7 times off the break. May pick a viking up what do you think?

oh yeah paintmagnet still had this awesome ghetto rigged 68.
cphillip you playin tom. I heard you were

Mindflux
01-31-2004, 10:02 PM
It's not the marker that makes the game, it's the player.

It's not the markers fault you ran into a stream of paint.

Steelrat
01-31-2004, 10:21 PM
Can't go wrong with a viking. Owned an 03, and currently own an 04.

The Action Figure
01-31-2004, 11:05 PM
i know running into a stream of paint was probably not for the best

ProX9
01-31-2004, 11:13 PM
ya it may be the player that makes the game but no spyder or mech cocker is going to put a rope of paint down the lane. I also currently own an 03 viking and i would lane off the break more but i cant afford dropping a pod in the first 10 seconds of every game.

The Action Figure
01-31-2004, 11:49 PM
yeah but paintmagnet is really good as well as a good gun

RT pRo AuToMaG
02-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by ProX9
...no spyder or mech cocker is going to put a rope of paint down the lane...

Actually, I know a guy who can pull 15 on his mech cocker...with a sliding trigger, not a hinge

dinger
02-01-2004, 12:12 AM
i dont see the different between an excal and a viking

currently traded for an excal, hopefully will be better than a viking ;)

Ryknow
02-01-2004, 12:18 AM
the excal will be a ball or 2 per second slower than the viking, but will have noticibly less kick.

And yes.. vikings are nice guns :)

Jig
02-01-2004, 01:12 AM
yep, mech cockers with sliders rock hard..im not a fan of most hinges. but more on the topic, vikings are awesome...unmatched reliability and price/performance ratio. i dont know why i refuse to pick one up..i really should...

Thanks,
Jives

hAppy
02-01-2004, 01:29 AM
my friend's viking was insane

it was butt ugly

but it was insane

The Action Figure
02-01-2004, 02:12 PM
thanks for the advice wanting to trade my mech mag for one

paint magnet
02-02-2004, 10:59 AM
Gideon1331 Thanks for the compliments. I really didn't mean to hit you that many times at all, I was shooting about a foot in front of the back right bunker because I knew that someone was probably going for it.

So when you got hit and stopped, the other balls were still in the air. Most of the time people get hit and keep running a little ways due to momemntum (and the rest of the balls in the air go right past them) but you stopped dead as soon as you were hit...so the rest of the balls hit you too. Sorry, I didn't mean to overshoot you ;)

Dye Angel Guy
02-02-2004, 11:02 AM
I pull 13 with my slide trigger

paint magnet
02-02-2004, 11:04 AM
By the way, the 04 Vikings are shipping with Razorblade trigger, WAS Equalizer board, Humphrey solenoid and Soda Can Mod for around 875 bucks. My Viking has the old Nelson board with no eyes, MAC solenoid, and the old style switch and blade trigger. So by modern Viking standards it's actually slow. It's plenty fast for me though, so I don't plan to add anything else to it.

You have a nice mag, the Blue ULE looks nice with the chrome Y frame. If the only reason you're looking for a Viking is for a higher rate of fire, you might want to try changing your gas line. The placement of it made shooting a little awkward. Changing to a longer one or a different placement might be all you need to be able to squeeze out those extra few BPS. (I'm right handed though, so it probably doesn't bother you if you're a lefty)

The Action Figure
02-02-2004, 03:42 PM
no problem on me gettin hit, we all no paintballs dont hurt, about the gas line, I have smaller hands than you so im not bothered, but i may try out a new valve with the ult before i pay 850 for a new gun

paint magnet
02-02-2004, 03:56 PM
If you can get that Emag valve for 150 with Level 10 and ULT, that's a really good deal. All you'll need to do is switch out a couple parts in the on/off assembly and you'll be ready to rock (on/off pin and black quad oring). Or you could just leave the Emag pin in there and you will really improve your rate of fire :D (We're talking 1 pull = insane runway cycling at 16+ bps)

The Action Figure
02-04-2004, 09:48 AM
yeah im def. thinkin about it

ccaleb
02-04-2004, 10:15 AM
I shot his Viking on Sunday and I really liked the way it felt. I would recommend it over almost any electro on the market other than the E/X-mag. But I would never give up a mechanical mag for one. Even paint magnet still has his trusty classic sitting by, ready to play.

Personally, I would stay with the mag, but paintball is all about personalization. You have to do what is best for you and you alone. What is best for me, is my dad's X-mag. :D

Do what makes you most comfortable on the field, bro.

The Action Figure
02-04-2004, 12:43 PM
I really like the mechanical, but it just doesnt have the speed i need, but im thinkin about a new valve

FallNAngel
02-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by RT pRo AuToMaG
Actually, I know a guy who can pull 15 on his mech cocker...with a sliding trigger, not a hinge

Yea you don't.

paint magnet
02-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by ccaleb
I shot his Viking on Sunday and I really liked the way it felt. I would recommend it over almost any electro on the market other than the E/X-mag. But I would never give up a mechanical mag for one. Even paint magnet still has his trusty classic sitting by, ready to play.

Personally, I would stay with the mag, but paintball is all about personalization. You have to do what is best for you and you alone. What is best for me, is my dad's X-mag. :D

Do what makes you most comfortable on the field, bro.

I usually end up loaning out the mag to someone else (more often than not cocker owners :D ) who's gun has broken. I'm starting to play with it more and more though, as my array of twist lock barrels increases :)

The Action Figure
02-04-2004, 03:28 PM
cockers cant get past 15, even with the e-blade, cause guess what cockers suck

kenndogg
02-04-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Gideon1331

well that was a stupid comment.:rolleyes:

The Action Figure
02-04-2004, 05:25 PM
why would you say that,with my experiance with cockers i found that there unreliable pieces of crap

tony3
02-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Seeing a cocker on the store wall isn't enough to base an opinion on it:rolleyes:

Cockers will shoot above 15, so stop talking. Also, no one here gets 13 or 15 on a slider. Sorry, it isn't going to happen.

Ov3rmind
02-04-2004, 06:05 PM
why would you say that,with my experiance with cockers i found that there unreliable pieces of crap
What experience would that be? In my one and a half years of owning one, it has never gone down on me.

The Action Figure
02-04-2004, 07:17 PM
ok :rolleyes: I guess in my 6 yrs playin paintball I dont know how an autococker works

kenndogg
02-04-2004, 11:45 PM
ok :rolleyes: I guess in my 6 yrs playin paintball I dont know how an autococker works

apparently not if you don't think an ecocker can't go over 15 bps. Should I even bother posting links of cockers shooting over 15 bps?

cockermongol
02-05-2004, 12:38 AM
Better to be quiet and make everyone think you're stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

LeatherPants
02-05-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by cockermongol

Better to be quiet and make everyone think you're stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

Oh I like that one!:D

pb4jc
02-05-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by ProX9
ya it may be the player that makes the game but no spyder or mech cocker is going to put a rope of paint down the lane.

WELL SAID

The Action Figure
02-05-2004, 09:06 AM
ok ive shot an e-blade cocker there nice but I dont know of anyone who can shoot that fast on a cocker

twistedcocker
02-05-2004, 09:12 AM
why would you say that,with my experiance with cockers i found that there unreliable pieces of crap What experience with cockers???

Good job guys i think you scared him off... hopefully he will quit dissin' cockers

The Action Figure
02-05-2004, 09:15 AM
jamy the sec. gun I shot ever was a cocker, I have much more experiance than you, youve owned one for like a month

paint magnet
02-05-2004, 09:40 AM
Autocockers I've owned:

2000 right feed - shot pretty well
2001 right feed - shot well, required constant tinkering to keep it working
1998 right feed minicocker - broken when I got it, traded it off
2002 vert feed cocker w/ Eblade - worked awesome for about a week, took it to the field and it just stopped. Like it skipped timing or something.

Cockers can be fast when properly set up (18+ bps full auto w/ Racegun) and are pretty efficient too. They do require a fair amount of care and work to keep them functioing in optimal condition, however. I enjoy shooting them, but only with a slider. Never could get used to the hinge or E- frames. But all in all, it's not bad for a gun that was intended to be a pump :D

Blazers are still everything the cocker wants to be when it grows up though :cool:

The Action Figure
02-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Im actually thinkin bout gettin a friends vortex, but it need to be timed, may get a feacegun frame, but my mag is still better

paint magnet
02-06-2004, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't do it...

While Racegus are nice, they ususally don't work well unless they have been professionally set up and tuned. If it was mechanical you should have no problem adjusting it yourself, but I wouldn't want to get a Racegun that wasn't working and try to fix it.

03vert
02-06-2004, 11:16 AM

a mech cocker can cycle as fast as any human can pull the trigger. and with the eblade i hear people boasting 15-16 bps quite frequently. the fastes that a mech cocker has been pulled i believe is 23 bps by some guy on shoctech a while ago. i could be wrong since i didnt see anything official about it. and yea cockers are good guns if you dont fiddle with them after every game(like i did).

LeatherPants
02-06-2004, 11:59 AM
Not saying I personally can pull that fast but there are alot of vid clips out there of E Blades in the 20+ bps range. If you go on Planet Eclipse's site they have one of their Nexus markers set on full auto to show the marker actually able to shoot at a constant 22ish rate.

The fastest I've been able to get over a chrono is 18p bps.

Branchvillian
02-06-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by RT pRo AuToMaG

Don't lie now.

pbguru89
02-06-2004, 04:05 PM
didnt this thread be used to be about the awsome, but yet unknown power of the viking. now it has turned into an all out slugfest about whos opinion is better. 15 with a slider does sound a bit ridiculous though. It is all about preference. percect example: the viking and exal- the viking is only 2 or 3 bps faster, but yet what seems to be the better gun isnt always chosen. the excal is more expensive (dont know why, but if some one could tell me, that would be great), but people who shoot with cockers generally choose those, because they have feeler close to you and they shoot "smoother". i would prefer the viking (even though i havent shot one), as i am going to be a future viking holder, once i get the money and they sort out this detent problem that they are having. i really wouldnt care about the closeness all that much because i shoot a timmy rite now and everyone knows that they are loud mofo's that are long as hell, but still shoots fast (not trying to start an argument about how the WAS board "helps" shoot faster, just leave it at that.)

See people it is all about preference. the guy doesnt like cockers and since he "claims" to have had previous experience with them leave it at that.

okay now that i am off my soapbox here is my 2 cents. Vikings are an all around great gun. you are not being over charged for anything. it comes with the best low pressure technology in the world (since this on a mag forum you guys wouldnt care at all.)When u usually here low pressure you think this gun has horrible efficiency but this gun is eficient as hell and is wicked fast and now comes with awsome milling such as the immortal and the destructive. but if u are buying the gun just to say that you have one, but can not back it up with shooting it like it is suppose to be shot (such as an avg. of 8bps) dont buy one. all in all i think the viking or excal and even AKALMP get enough credit that they deserve just like AGD. How many professional teams are there that actually shoot vikings. i know there are some that shoot AGD products but not many of AKALMP products.

Wow i should get some kind of award for all this:D