PDA

View Full Version : valve swapping

magzown3
01-31-2004, 09:59 PM
If I take an xvalve out of an rt pro and put it on my classic, would i need to transfer anything over besides just the valve? Can I keep the same sear and sear pin?

Gundam V
01-31-2004, 10:38 PM
It should work just fine with the sear and sear pin. Remember you are just swapping the valve, you may have to adjust the sear rods length a little because I believe the RT Pro's on/off pin is a little longer than the retro valves on/off pin. However, I doubt that is an issue, again it should work just fine. Hope this helps out some.

:D

Kevmaster
02-01-2004, 02:10 PM
swap on-off pins. DONT ADJUST TRIGGER ROD (sear pin) length.

hAppy
02-01-2004, 02:23 PM
do those 2 orings (black and white) inside the valve between the on/off and the valve are a real necessity?

my friend dont got one, im just wondering if it matters at all

Gundam V
02-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Your friend needs both o-rings if the valve needs it. X-valve and classic valve needs both top on/off o-rings. Old Retro Valve only has 1. Hey, Kevmaster how would magzown3 change on/off pins when their taking an X-Valve off an RT Pro and sticking it in an classic mag. X-Valve's on/off pin is different than classic valve's on/off pin. Magzown3 would have to buy either a new on/off pin or a new on/off assembly. That's why I suggested he shorten the trigger rod. I was able to successfully adjust the rod with the help of a vernier caliper, however, I see where you are coming from when you say not to do it. Magzown3 unless you know how to use a vernier caliper, kevmaster has a point not to mess with the trigger rod, again unless you know how to use a caliper don't mess with it. The X-Valve should work just fine as is, if you put it in a classic mag.

magzown3
02-01-2004, 05:08 PM
What if i put in the ULE trigger on/off assembly? Then everything is fine correct?

Gundam V
02-01-2004, 07:47 PM
If you put a ULE Trigger Kit in the X-Valve, than yes everything's kosher. However, if you put a ULE Trigger Kit in a Classic Valve than you may experience some serious shootdown. ULE's are mainly for the X-Valve's or modified stainless Retro Valve's. ULE Trigger's are not recommended for classic valves. Just keep in mind you are going to be doing adjustments to the ULE Trigger to get it to where it is perfect for you, also keep in mind that you are going to have to get used to the setting. It took me about a 2 and a half weeks to get it where I practically walk my trigger. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them, that is what this board is for. Good luck and I hope this info helps.