PDA

View Full Version : Replacing AIR with Bottomline

HyperSnyper
09-15-2001, 02:26 PM
Hello All,
Just need an opinion from the number of ppl that replaced (gutted) their AIR valves and used a different inline reg instead. Most of you ppl use the Palmer Sideline, I however use the Palmer Female Bottomline.

I wanted to use the Sideline, but had the bottomline on hand from my old LP Spyder. I called Palmer and they said it doesnt really matter, but some of their airsmiths stated that

"... by using a bottomline regulator, it will create a larger stored volume of regulated (in the line and in the gutted valve) HPA gas for the on/off, this will lower chances of shootdown since there is a larger reservoir for the on/off to tap into ..."

Aaron at AKALMP stated that using a bottomline reg may cause erratic velocites since the braided line acts as a bottleneck. But it doesnt seem like a bottle neck at all if you consider the size of the orifices of the AIR.

I justed want to know everyones $0.02. Pleae no flames like "you fricked idiot, why did you gut your valve!" Please lets keep this at a mature technical/professional level. If you dont like the mod, explain why.

But I am happy with this mod. With another inline reg, I can estimate my fps by the output pressure gauge on the Palmer (400 psi ~ 290 fps, 450 psi ~ 340 fps, etc). The consistency over the chrono is very pleasant, about +/- 5 fps (that is until later in the day when my allstars swell up too big for my J&J 2 piece).

What I dont like about it is the wierd looks I get from other players saying "Why the hell are you triple regulating it? Dont you know that its bad?" OH well, gotta deal with them until I get better at bunkering... Laters

HyperSnyper
2000Micromag 14"J&J2piece Ricochet2KHopper GuttedAIR PalmerBootomlineReg GSZValve PureEnergy68/3000 Benchmark2xFrame(modded with stop) P/LDropforward

HyperSnyper
09-18-2001, 04:48 AM
UP

Cmon dont tell me Im the only one here with this mod...

FeelTheRT
09-18-2001, 04:59 AM
I think you are, the stock AIR is just fine and very consistant.

PsychoMag
09-18-2001, 05:49 AM
yeah...I have had several mags, and would never touch the reg, it is one of the best in the business, the way it is. Y gut it, just to buy a part for an otherwise perfect stock marker?

Of course we have no info on your marker...such as level, or Retro...none the less the marker has a lifetime warranty on it, and rigging that stuff voids it.

Do you have a problem with spiking or something? maybe running CO2?