PDA

View Full Version : Halo hopper - anyone have experience with it

oldguy
09-15-2001, 04:36 PM
I am thinking of buying a Halo loader, but have heard conflicting reports on how well it works. Some say it is the greatest thing since the first veiwloader, others say it misfeeds and pinches balls. I need to replace my broken viewloader, but don't want to waste my money on a Halo if the bugs are not worked out yet. Anybody used one much since they have become available?

zvanut
09-15-2001, 04:47 PM
i didnt even know they were available

Xzion
09-15-2001, 06:28 PM
The fact Tom seems impressed by the HALO loader, along with the link ive included below, is MORE than enough reason for me to get one as soon as they are available.

HALO - Odyssey Paintball Products (http://www.odysseypaintball.com/)

ben_JD
09-15-2001, 07:55 PM
I sat down this afternoon with one of the gentlemen with Odyssey who is building and marketing these loaders; I also was able to see an hands-on demonstration of its abilities. I must say that the operation of this loader is impressive.

His indication is that they will really get the production volume up and running in the next month to 6 weeks. You should be able to get one from you retail provider at that time (no direct marketing).

FYI

MagShooter
09-15-2001, 08:02 PM
I've heard it rocks. A friend of mine is getting one next week, I'll let you all know how it runs.

BlackVCG
09-15-2001, 08:58 PM
Yes, I have some experience with the HALO and spent quite a bit of time with Tex and Chris from Odyssey, who are the ones designing the HALO. Trust me, the thing rocks. :)

PAINTBALLA01
09-15-2001, 09:20 PM
anybody know a price on these things? and also bps feed

netjunk1e
09-15-2001, 09:41 PM
IT can do steady Funn auto 16 bps it might be able to do more. Who needs more than 16? Don't know on the price.

Robbie

MagShooter
09-16-2001, 07:44 PM
From what I have read about it.. The halo does do a constant feed at 16..and they might be coming out with a new board for it that will bring it up to 36. Also..look for about a $140 price tag on it.

Ityl
09-17-2001, 10:29 AM
Revy $50, halo $140...hmmm

MagShooter
09-17-2001, 07:45 PM
yeah..seems kinda high at first..but they're supposed to be EXTREMELY reliable loaders with the chance of paint hitting the eye extremely low if you get a hopper hit. Plus the upgradability...I think I'll spend the $140 get one :)

Mega Man
09-17-2001, 08:00 PM
iv'e never had any experience with anything besides the revy, i've also heard of another hopper called the ricochet or something of the sorts. Does anyone have any info on that one?

zvanut
09-17-2001, 08:03 PM
my bad, anyways what is this abut a board for the halo??

MagShooter
09-18-2001, 01:36 PM
Ok, first, the ricochet is overpriced for the performance if you ask me. The design is SUPPOSED to deflect hopper hits..but I've broken balls on more of those than the revvy's. Seems to me a ball would break easier on a corner than a round area, and they only shoot to around 13bps. The 12v revvy's feed faster than that and cost less. I read..I think it was at Warpig, that the HALO's come stock with a feed rate of 16pbs and that they might release an aftermarket upgrade chip to bring it to 36bps. This is by no means official or anyhting..

billmi
09-18-2001, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by MagShooter
I think it was at Warpig, that the HALO's come stock with a feed rate of 16pbs....

Keep in mind, the info we have online now is based on protypes, the final production parts aren't all finished yet. I spoke to Chris at Odyssey yesterday, and things are on track for release at World Cup. I am expecting to receive a prototype next week to run through test stand testing for inclusion in the loader lineup at:

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/lineup/

That's a head to head speed showdown with a computer controlled test rig.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

MagShooter
09-18-2001, 04:37 PM
Thank you for clarifying that. Please let us know when the tests are finished with the HALO's. If it lives up to its name, I'm definitely going to have to get one for my new Emag. Today I came up with a math equation.

12v Rev
dead battery
+ Emag rapid fire
----------------------

Choppy choppy

hope y'all enjoyed that :)

Vil3
09-18-2001, 08:01 PM
ya i watched those videos of the HALO feeding... it sure is quick

Magoo
09-18-2001, 08:34 PM
The HALO looks like a beefed up Ricochet. It sounds good, but too expensive. Why would someone need a loader that feeds a steady 36 bps?

Grendel
09-18-2001, 09:01 PM
I saw Chris Lasoya break a sheetload of paint in his Halo in Chicago. Don't trust anything that Odyssee says right now. They haven't gone into production yet. Wait and see how they work once they're making hundreds a day.

Infamous G