PDA

View Full Version : opinion on which tank

Big_Chops
02-01-2004, 09:00 PM
i play back and i have a angel speed. i need an opinion on which tank to buy. responses with your vote will be greatly appreciated.

thank you:D

Nick O time
02-01-2004, 09:06 PM
but from what i have heard from just about anyone who has used or had to fill em they suck. u can't flash fill or sumtin will break in em and stuff and other things like that.

Barfly
02-01-2004, 10:00 PM
I would get the mac dev tank, because I don't buy SP stuff and angel air are overpriced tanks attached to gameboys. I didn't vote just to let you know.

Methylphenidate
02-01-2004, 10:36 PM
ya buy a mac dev
lightest tank ever

Big_Chops
04-09-2004, 05:43 PM
back from the dead. i have money and am looking for more educated responses from people who have owned them. thanks up up up

Krazy Ivan
04-09-2004, 06:08 PM
while I haven't owned a Angel AIR tank, I have held them, and found them to be rather heavy, and spending the 100 bucks more for a heavier tank doesn't fly with me. The consistency I have heard on both are great, so I personally went with a Max-Flo.

I have a 68/45 Max-Flo, older style, the one that you can get from SP for like 325 now, not the pre-2000 style.

I love my tank, however I'm looking for another tank now, when I bought it, they only had 3-year hyrdo bottles, I believe they use 5 years now. I need a spare tank for when my tank goes into Hydro, like now, when I am going nuts, or when a friend comes along so I can let him/her use my backup gun.

That said, I would HIGHLY recommend a Max-Flo, note that they can only be regulated from 400-1000, or if you buy the LP one(not for a Mag) like 50-300.

The Mac-Dev is nice, but I haven't used them, and no store around my area stocks them, hence I went Max-Flo also

Big_Chops
04-09-2004, 06:44 PM
WOW! thats what i was looking for. thank you very much. any1 else have opinions.???

Raven4000SX
04-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Max Flo or AGD Flatline.

Z-man
04-09-2004, 06:55 PM
I have owned 2 Smart Parts 4500/88ci tanks (pre 2004 single reg design). SP hating aside, they are top notch regs that give you GREAT flow rate for those of us who need a little extra flourish ;) and good range of psi. Unlike most other adjustable regs I have used, the Max-Flo has such a good flow rate that I can effectivly use my Mag at pressures as low as about 630psi.

The only drawback is that that it is heavy as regs go. Now I don't know how much lighter the new ones are but I suspect they are a bit lighter...

The next tank I buy however, will not be a smart parts one. The Conquest tanks, the DynaFlow tanks and the Air America tanks are all highly rated and I have no gripe with them.

elpimpo
04-09-2004, 07:01 PM
like the other people on here said, the conquest is an incredible system. the max flow has not impressed me to much but i still think its a great tank, the angel air system blows. they have way to many problems.

Krazy Ivan
04-09-2004, 07:18 PM
I am one of the many SP haters, I hate their guns, how they shoot, look everything, and yes, I have tried them, all except the new 03 shockers, and I just didn't like the feel. Therefore the above post, where I stated that I really like my tank, I have to cave somewhere....SP knows how to make a nice HPA tank....

but yes, it is heavy, just not as heavy as Angel AIR