PDA

View Full Version : System - X

-=Squid=-
02-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Just thought I would make a thread about this. A guy at my field had problems with his cocker he bought from them. He sent it back, and they fixed it, and as an apology sent him a working gun and a free case of paint...

azza
02-02-2004, 07:01 AM
Thats not bad customer service eh? Ive noticed that on several of forums anything that is made by System X is pretty much bad mouthed and flamed.
Ive seen on a forum someone get flamed for openly admiting(sp?) to owning a Vengeance and posting a pic of it!
Personaly I love my Type X Vengeance, have never had one problem with it in the 9 months ive owned it and only now have I had to adjust the velocity. Everything else was set up perfectly from the factory :)

Cheers
Azza

zeroack
02-02-2004, 07:49 AM
Well I had a horid time with SystemX's customer service. I had a older Base cocker. Came with the twist lock bolt. The twist lock bolt would bind up and you had get get a pair of pliers to turn it so you could pull the bolt. They knew of the problem, I called them many times emailed many times. They wanted the marker back, but at the time it was my soul marker. They finally sent replacement parts. After three weeks of jerking me around. I sold the marker. Now I'm shooting a mag.

Zero

tyrion2323
02-02-2004, 11:42 AM
A lot of people make fun of Hybrid Paintball as well because some of the staff used to work at SX. I'm not sure what makes a System X or a Hybrid marker "worse" than any other cocker....
I DO know that Hybrid took my team in with a sponsorship while WGP ignored my email altogether. (along with DYE, JT, etc etc)

Jacob

GT
02-02-2004, 01:24 PM
I guess my big deal here is why buy the fake when you can buy a "real" cocker from WGP? IS the customer service that great? Buying a marker brand new and it no being usable is like buying a new car that doesnt start...

I will be getting a used works this week so lets see how cool these aftermarket cockers are.

-=Squid=-
02-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Personally, I Dont like system X at all... this was just an example of there customer support.

mxkop
02-02-2004, 01:59 PM
I'd like to add my .02 cents on the customer service thing. I've dealt with a number of companies regarding technical service and product repair and replacement. First off NOBODY is better than AGD! Top shelf all the way. I'd like to mention ANS (Gen-X Cockers) also. I've dealt with them several times for technical service and they rank right up there with AGD. Very helpful, patient and willing to spend whatever time is necessary to correct the problem.

On the other hand I've had a bad experience with System-X I never could actually get anybody to talk to me. I wont buy anymore of their products.

Customer service is a decisive component in my purchasing decision. You cant put a price on great service!

mxkop

-=Squid=-
02-02-2004, 02:09 PM
...customer service is also another reason why I chose the HALO over Egg.

WARPED1
02-02-2004, 02:34 PM
I personnally don't like Sissy X. Every item I've tried from them, has fallen apart after like 200 rounds!
I love my ANS! Great focker!

dinger
02-02-2004, 03:27 PM
system x should give him a case of paint for buying their crappy marker.

those pos knock-off cockers are trash. i stand firm on my word

Cyberious
02-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Had a 2.0 Vengeance and the silly thing would go out of time sitting on my shelf between paintball outings. Got rid of it quick. It is a shame too I really liked the color/milling on it.

Pullman
02-02-2004, 04:44 PM
They make decent drop w/ on/off thingies. Never had a lick of trouble with either of mine.

skife
02-02-2004, 05:59 PM
I guess my big deal here is why buy the fake when you can buy a "real" cocker from WGP?

Because fake cockers or "fockers" (horriable term) Can somtimes be better

Some WGP cocker owners think they are better than people that own a cocker with a non WGP body
Thats why i stay away from the WPG forums

barberjohn
02-02-2004, 08:46 PM
system x does not make very good products, but it seems like they make it up in customer service. the new electro cockers they came out with do look really good, and their regular stock cockers are pretty good for the money, just they are not as quality as people like shochtech or ans.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
02-02-2004, 09:37 PM
Maybe I will buy from them once they stop making parts out of plastic...

barberjohn
02-02-2004, 09:58 PM
hey, its not plastic, its polycarbonate, much harder and stronger than plastic!:rolleyes: :D

Smitty2k1
02-02-2004, 09:59 PM
Hey, the plastic idea is kinda neat :)

However, I know two guys that have system-x cockers, and have problem after problem with them. Now I know you might just be saying 'Hey its a 'cocker, thats what they do' ;)

Although they blame the system-x part :p

WARPED1
02-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Cockers only break down when morons buy them and instantly start changing parts. The barrel is the only thing you should change.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
02-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by barberjohn
hey, its not plastic, its polycarbonate, much harder and stronger than plastic!:rolleyes: :D

:eek: Ohh so that is why my friends bolt snapped in half and his back plate has a nice crack in it.

It all makes sense now.

dinger
02-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
Maybe I will buy from them once they stop making parts out of plastic...
hence i was flamed to hell for buying a piranah and not a spyder. my brother thought he was superior because he was using his 100% metal shutter.

oh but wait, plastic is lighter than metal?

hmm... still didn't change his mind, but my pull was shorter, my gun was lighter, and as usual i broke it eventually :)

anyone got an electro frame for a piranha..

barberjohn
02-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata

:eek: Ohh so that is why my friends bolt snapped in half and his back plate has a nice crack in it.

It all makes sense now.
i do hope that you know that i was kidding...

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
02-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by barberjohn

i do hope that you know that i was kidding...

I do hope you know that I knew, that you knew, that you were kidding, also, that I was being sarcastic, but also that I wasn't kidding.

confused yet....;)