PDA

View Full Version : MAG triggers

CP King D 2002
09-15-2001, 07:48 PM
i am really intrested in buying an automag. and i was wondering, i hear that automags have REALLY bad triggers. is that true?? and also, at www.actionvillage.com they have an automag that comes with an expansion chamber. i really cant afford N2 right now, so would Co2 work as long as there is an X-chamber?????
thanks
CP

AuToMaGiN'
09-15-2001, 08:01 PM
Automags have great short crisp triggers. After 1000 shots it gets broken in and u also get use to it. They only pretty much work on CO2 if u use a remote or regulator. Otherwise they will freeze. They r great guns with N2 or a remote.

Army
09-15-2001, 08:10 PM
The 'mag trigger is known as "snappy". It isn't superlight like some 'cocker can be, but those aren't very safe anyhow.

Mag triggers are very short in pull, only about 1/8", and are stiff enough to "pop" when the bolt is released. With a little bit of practice, you can become very fast on it. As a side-note, the AutomaG RT series has the fastest recharging valve in the industry, you cannot outshoot it! (but the RT will not accept Co2, so this may not be an option)

The AutomaG was initially designed around Co2, and as long as you keep liquid Co2 out of the gun it will run with any gun out there. Expansion chambers do a good job, so does a coiled remote, and both together will keep 95% of liquid out. Another good alternative is the Palmers Stabilizer. This doubles as an expando, and was designed to specifically keep liquid out. Unfortunatley, it costs about the same as an inexpensive nitro system.

Hope this info helps you, and welcome to AO:cool:

CP King D 2002
09-15-2001, 08:29 PM
after a long thought process, i have decided for the time being to order a minimag (when i get the money) from www.actionvillage.com for like 350 bucks. i figure i will have the money around christmas. but before i buy that i want to get a remote w/ slide check, 2+1 harness, and i think i could a 47 or 68 ci nitro. (i am only 15 years old and can only legally work 10 hours a week. so that would explain why it would take so long for me to get the money) well, thanks a lot for all the help.
-CP

Army
09-15-2001, 08:56 PM
With Nitro, you don't need an expando or remote. You should decide now what you want, Co2 or nitro, before you spend money on gear you won't need.:cool:

PAINTBALLA01
09-15-2001, 09:25 PM
i think the only problem with the mag triggers is that they shake from side to side

MagMan5446
09-15-2001, 09:31 PM
Hey PAINTBALLA01, my trigger has no play at all.

I have a classic mag for sale if you're interested.

mac2k4
09-16-2001, 08:43 AM
the mag doesn't have a short and "snappy" pull, it feels more like my shotgun, its hard and long, and how is a cocker pull not safe?

MagMan5446
09-16-2001, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by mac2k4
the mag doesn't have a short and "snappy" pull, it feels more like my shotgun, its hard and long, and how is a cocker pull not safe?

What level is your mag? If you don't know, then when did you buy it? It probably still has power tube springs, and not power tube spacers.