PDA

View Full Version : The logical extension of the bps race.....

badinfo
02-02-2004, 02:16 AM
http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/1577541_lg.jpg

Great for back players :D

Miscue
02-02-2004, 02:26 AM
I love it! Just need a JT Speed Mule to carry all the paint.

nastymag
02-02-2004, 02:31 AM
i dont think its going to get much faster. reason why,?

i think because of how much paint loaders have. nobody wants to be able to shoot 30 bps on a laoder with a capacity of 150. not to mention i dont know how many internals are up to it.

but if it does get much worse ... i forsee the second coming of the 114/45 !!!!!!

Barfly
02-02-2004, 02:34 AM
haha no guns will probably be built more like the AKA viking and get 2000 shots off of 68/4500. Guns will not get much faster than they are now, unless the triggers do all the work in the future. They might make a new type of trigger though that makes it really easy to rip like a super raker trigger. :rolleyes:

Brophog
02-02-2004, 02:41 AM
The two of you saying that marker technology won't go any faster haven't been paying attention for very long. We've been saying that for years, yet they always find a way to make it shoot faster.

Until paintballs are the size of BB's, marker technology will have a way of always shooting faster.

nastymag
02-02-2004, 02:47 AM
before it was technology holding it back.

now i think its going to be physical things.

by the way ... plz dont tell me i havent been paying attention. i have played paintball for pretty long to make and educated opinion.

Beemer
02-02-2004, 03:17 AM
i have played paintball for pretty long to make and educated opinion.

Just wondering, how long that would be?

Brophog
02-02-2004, 03:36 AM
Which "physical thing" is holding it back now?

nastymag
02-02-2004, 03:48 AM
beemer to answer your question that would be 6 years in a few months .

well the physical things i was thinking of was, first of all how fast we can pull the triggers ( without bounce that is )

next is loader technology, i know laoders are getting up there on how fast they can feed, but loaders that feed that fast are still being debugged ( Halo for example , with different paint , or guns , detent issues). before we can go any faster we have to solve these proplems.

Brophog
02-02-2004, 03:57 AM
Thanks for replying. Sorry for my "hasty" comment. Just a broken record of hearing "we can't go any faster" repeated over and over. It has become one of the sayings that drives you crazy.

Those things don't mean we can't go any faster though. They may slow us down temporarily.

The arrival of the QLoader, and soon the Envy just shows that hopper technology is still in its infancy. We're still trying to push things with springs and gravity here. What if one day we started using pneumatics or solenoid rams to aid in balls loading? That'd certainly speed things up.

The trigger issue is one that has plagued us ever since the semiauto was invented. We've gotten around that with things like RT, magnetic triggers, bounce, and software buffering. Then of course, we don't know whether or not things like Full Auto or Burst modes would be legalized in the future, either. Whether or not those things are ethical is a different topic, but they've still enabled us to cheat our own phycical limitations.

Like I said, until paintballs are the size of BB's it is possible that speed will continue to go up. Whether or not that happens is an entirely different story.

nastymag
02-02-2004, 04:34 AM
your right about it being possible to go faster.

but it is my opinion that for the time being ( years )
we will focus on other areas.

you pointed out good examples of fast loaders, but it is my opinion that these are expensive and not really practical ( due to there specif pods).

i also believe we can cheat the whole semi and bounce issue to a certain point.

Brophog
02-02-2004, 05:16 AM
I also have my doubts of the QLoader gaining popularity.

Imagine a backman that is used to going through 10 pods. That is 1400 rounds, plus the 200 he started with.

With the Qloader that is only 1000 rounds. Combine that with the fact he would have almost $250 worth of pods lying on the ground for someone to steal/break.

Then there is the quality factor. It just looks kinda flimsy to me. Definitely does not look as well made as the Warp.

I think the more important thing here though is that it sets a new mountaintop for people to climb. Even if the Qloader doesn't gain a large fanbase, it sets a goal for other companies to follow. It also supplies a feed system that feeds faster than any currently available, which sets a higher goal for markers to obtain.

I also agree on the whole trigger issue. I'd like to think that we've had enough of this 'game' of working around the semi auto rules. Sadly though, I think that we've established such a large grey area, and its becoming harder for an organized body to separate the legit from the non-legit. Not impossible, but definitely harder.

There are certainly some hurdles still to climb in all facets relating to speed. I can't help to think of the past though. Pumps stayed the same for a long time. Semi's stayed the same for a long time. Electros have been around for a while, but consider how much the technology level has changed in the last five years. Force Feed Loaders, Various Anti-Chop Systems, New Circuit Boards, Magnetic Triggers, Microswitch Length, Shot Buffering. The list gets bigger and bigger it seems.

ScatterPlot
02-02-2004, 02:26 PM
OK did ANY of you besides Miscue read the first post? It's a joke. There's a pic of a pressure washer. Not what he thinks will be some future type of gun or whatever. Thats for another thread:rolleyes:

badinfo
02-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Thanks Bert ;)

It was intended to be a joke, but I do believe that if the bps keeps goin up we may as well play with hoses. :D

Brophog
02-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Brophog secretly starts plans to put a hopper on the water sprayer....

ScatterPlot
02-02-2004, 02:55 PM
No prob. I just figured nobody waited to actually see what this post was about. I thought it was pretty good, but can you put a Warp on that?

:D

Brophog
02-02-2004, 02:58 PM
Why not! ;)

Wes Janson
02-03-2004, 07:25 PM
I honestly don't think we'll be seeing guns in tournies shooting much higher than they do now, and I'll explain why. Paint, weight, and size. Realistically, there are likely some complicated upper limits on air pressure rates and so on, but let's assume that the gun itself is fully capable of say 40 cycles per second. And let's assume full auto triggers are legal. The only major block at this point would be the hoppers. More specifically, the process of getting the paint from a storage location mounted upon the marker, into the breech. And doing so at a consistant speed, without breaking balls, and without experiencing a drop-of in feed rate. The Q-Loader is an interesting toy, and an unusually inventive idea, but spring-loaded feeders simply aren't capable of high feed rates. I'm sure that given a few months and some money, Tom or someone else could create a system capable of moving the paint into the gun fast enough, but at what cost to the balls? Even more importantly, it's highly unlikely such a setup would be mobile. As hopper weight increases, the marker becomes more and more unwieldly to use, and speed becomes useless. Solenoids, pneumatic rams, all of those are going to face the same limitations of weight and space.

ScatterPlot
02-03-2004, 07:45 PM
[sigh]
I dont think anyone is reading what this post is about. IT'S A WATER SPRAYER!!! LOOK AT THE FIRST POST!!! Wow, this thread is turning out to be even funnier than the pic!:D :rolleyes:

penguinpunk555
02-03-2004, 08:20 PM
If we could get people to stop using cheater boards no one would be able to get over 25bps.

~WarpedRT#2~
02-04-2004, 01:14 AM
OK, I dont think things will get any faster, and here is why. Like someone else kind of hinted at, why would you want to go faster? If you go too fast, you shoot too much. That would mean you would have to carry more pods. And you can only carry so many more before the size of them has to be increased. And who wants a 2 foot long pod? Make that 5 or so of them on your back. All of a sudden, you dont want to carry that much, and you wont want to go any faster. The companies will soon realize this, and work on making the rest of paintball better, instead of throwing us crap loaders that break when they get hit, and stuff like that.

badinfo
02-04-2004, 01:14 AM
*snicker*

islandboi
02-04-2004, 01:26 AM
dude id love to fill a water sprayer with paint and use that

demonguy8
02-04-2004, 02:08 AM
/me waiting for a force fed loader that moves the balls so fast that you can take your loader off and shoot at somone... :D

Lohman446
02-04-2004, 02:28 AM
Where did you get my plan to actually score eliminations this year and why did you feel the need to show it to everyone... gotta go back to plan B. You know how hard that thing was to get chronoed?

badinfo
02-04-2004, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by demonguy8
/me waiting for a force fed loader that moves the balls so fast that you can take your loader off and shoot at somone... :D

Like this?
http://www.inktank.com/images/WW/cartoons/11-12-01.gif

Brophog
02-04-2004, 05:09 AM
That is hilarious.

badinfo
02-04-2004, 05:11 AM
I just found that site recently, read em all last night, there is some funny stuff there. Hope he gets back around to drawing that strip.

nastymag
02-04-2004, 04:40 PM
i realize the thread was a joke , but hey , it sparked some intresting conversation.

islandboi
02-04-2004, 07:08 PM
hahah yea im waiting for him to update he hasn't updated in a while