PDA

View Full Version : HPA Decision making disorder

YopuTheClown
02-02-2004, 02:33 PM
I bought a used mag a while back off ebay. After some basic maintance the gun worked like a champ. Now its winter and its getting a little flakey on me and I blame the CO2. I've been hesitant to get an HPA tank because I can get free CO2 refills from work; in fact we pack the whole frickin cylinder in the back of the truck, head out to the woods and we all have enough CO2 for everyone and thier dog.

I've tried warmers, expansion chambers, battery powered nichrome heating elements, Hessian Voodoo, EVERYTHING! I've decided its time to spend some bucks. My gun is old. Classic valve, but I got a Lvl 10 about 4 months ago; had to replace the reg. piston ***. since it wasn't strong enough for the higher velocity setting. My only goal is to get the thing to work in the winter.

68/3000 HPA's are very reasonably priced right now; but I need to get at least 1000 rounds out of it. With a lvl 10, I'm just not sure if it'll last. And since my gun is older, I'm not sure a 4500 is compatible (or will it matter with proper reg.?).

Plan B is to get a tippmann. A 98 is running about $100 right now, A-5 (which seems to chop less paint in the winter, though I really can't complain about the 98s) is about $200. This is my price range for HPA systems, I know the tippmanns work well in winter, but I love my mag and don't want play without it.

So in summary: How many rounds can I expect from a 68/3000 HPA? Is there any potential compatibility issues with a 4500 system? Any doubts that HPA will solve my paintball winter blues?

mcveighr
02-02-2004, 02:43 PM
I'd get the tank. 4500 will work fine seeing as its still regulated to like 800psi.

YopuTheClown
02-02-2004, 05:16 PM
cool. being that you're from Nova Scotia, I rekon you have a similar set up thats been working well for you?