PDA

View Full Version : god help my flatline!!!

phantomhitman
02-02-2004, 05:29 PM
OK, after about 2 months of waiting I finally took my flatline tank to my local pb shop to be rehydroed. Well, it seems my tank is very extremely difficult to get the reg off. It is the older 68-3000 flatlines, with the round end. The guy did not have anything to get a grip on the reg to unscrew it. I finally said screw it and told him to use a pipe wrench. He put 2 tiny scratches on it trying to get it off, but no luck. He finally called agd for advice.....they will get back to him. They said they can take them off, but cannot rehydro them. So that does not work. So now I am stuck with a great tank, out of date hydro, and the need to throw it in the woods (jk-i want to play with it so bad). Does anyone know a great rehydro place that CAN take the reg off and rehydro it without messing it up? Please help me, I just want to play with it.

CaliMagFan
02-03-2004, 12:32 AM
here is the link to a service's site... http://www.hydrotester.com

although i have personally not used these guys as my tanks are not yet out of hydro, i saw this as a recommended service on a forum... i forget where originally. also, use the links on this site, or go to the tank manufacturer directly (are flatline tanks actually made at agd... i think its just the reg.) it may be like charlton industries or luxifer. when you get to the manufacturer's site check to see if that tank has been moved to the 5 year rehydro as many recently have.... ie i have a pure energy tank that say 3 years on the bottle, but when i go to the site the serial number informs me of the changed period....

in any event... good luck...
-kyro

phantomhitman
02-03-2004, 06:45 AM
thank you very much. someone else recomended them as well. i will be sending it off tomorrow for them to rehydro it.

fallout11
02-03-2004, 01:23 PM
I have used these guys before, they do great work.
Recommended!

If you're on the east coast expect a little delay in getting your tank their and back, but otherwise no problems.

Make sure you check and snug all your burst disks, fill nipples, and gauges when you get the tank back, before filling it.