PDA

View Full Version : need a flatline re-hydro'er

phantomhitman
02-02-2004, 08:10 PM
i am in deseperate need for a shop that can rehydro my flatline tank. i posted this is the tech forum, but more people stop by here and that gives me a better chance of finding a shop that rehydros flatlines.
you can see my tech problem here, i will not go back into it on this post.
why i cant rehdro it (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123264)
pleaes help me.

Blennidae
02-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Talk to Geoff at http://www.hydrotester.com/ he just did mine this month.

phantomhitman
02-02-2004, 10:51 PM
i forgot about those guys. thank you very much for the link. i have already called them and it will go out wednesday. :D

sps16
02-02-2004, 11:24 PM
go into your local scuba shop often they have hydrotesting places that do it for very cheap

phantomhitman
02-02-2004, 11:48 PM
lol, i would love to do that. but i am int he middle of nc, no scuba shops in sight. the only one nearby closed a couple of years ago. i think i will send it off to hydrotester.com. i spoke with them earlier. thank you very much for yoru time though.

phantomhitman
02-02-2004, 11:53 PM
hey you guys wouldnt happen to know the best way to put the reg back on would you? hydrotester takes it off, but will not put it back on. should i just hand tighten it? or do i need some vice grips for this? any loctite or teflon needed? thanks for some advice.

fallout11
02-03-2004, 01:24 PM
I'll second the recommendation for
http://www.hydrotester.com/

I have used these guys before, they do great work. Reliable, reasonable, good packing, nice guys, and they do good work. Competant and gentle.
Recommended!

If you're on the east coast expect a little delay in getting your tank their and back, but otherwise no problems.

Make sure you check and snug all your burst disks, fill nipples, and gauges when you get the tank back, before filling it.

fallout11
02-03-2004, 01:25 PM
Acutally, they put my regulator back on for me.
Might want to mention you'd like that done.
I didn't, but it never hurts.

bob87
02-03-2004, 03:47 PM
check with CJ's there located in charlotte NC thay may be able to do it.

phantomhitman
02-03-2004, 04:39 PM
bob-it is so much easier for me to mail it off to washington than to drive to cjs. thanks for the advice though.

fallout-i talked to geoff there, hey will be putting my reg back on for me. i have to take off all of the nipples and gauges before i send it though.

fallout11
02-04-2004, 08:44 AM
Ahhh, that explains much!

Guess I was supposed to remove all the nipples, gauges, and the like before shipping.
No wonders they were loose when I got it back!

Heck, they should have charged me extra.

Creative Mayhem
02-04-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by phantomhitman
hey you guys wouldnt happen to know the best way to put the reg back on would you? hydrotester takes it off, but will not put it back on. should i just hand tighten it? or do i need some vice grips for this? any loctite or teflon needed? thanks for some advice.

You can just tighten it as much as you can by hand, the pressure will aide in holding it tight. Most SCUBA tanks are just hand tight anyways. I know thats all I do when I hydro my tanks :D

Too bad I didnt see this sooner huh? :p

phantomhitman
02-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Creative Mayhem

You can just tighten it as much as you can by hand, the pressure will aide in holding it tight. Most SCUBA tanks are just hand tight anyways. I know thats all I do when I hydro my tanks :D

Too bad I didnt see this sooner huh? :p

lol yeah.

i will be sending htem my tank tomorrow. They are charging me extra because of my requests-but i would much rather pay more than to be running around the field and tank explode :eek: