PDA

View Full Version : Halftime Show Boob: Accident?

Meph
02-02-2004, 09:42 PM
So what do we all think? There's some good discussion on this, so might as well find out an official vote of it. Who thinks it was planned/staged, and who thinks that it was an accident.

Personally I say planned! I don't know how it could not. The NFL fines people thousands of dollars for not having their SOCKS on properly! These people are anal-retentive when it comes to being in control and strict about it. They know everything about everything that is going on.

Look who produced the event, MTV! Every singer was singing about nothing about getting naked and having sex! Even Justin Timber-Fake mentioned "I'm going to have you naked by the end of this song" to Janet with their duet before the infamous boob-shot.

For the past week MTV has been plugging a "SHOCKING" ending to the Halftime show. The choreographer herself for Janet has been saying "just watch, it's going to be shocking!"

To add to that, under the peal-a-costume she was wearing nipple covers. Nobody wears those for "fun" she knew it was going to be exposed! I mean how can the costume "malfunction" huh? Was it supposed to tear off and have a different color cover like a magician scarf or something? Come on.... please

And CBS obviously isn't in the dark, CBS is the sister station of MTV. They are both owned by Viacom! Not like maybe if it was ABC it's a possibility... but no. They're sister stations. And even if CBS somehow didn't know.... the NFL commision WOULD have! As I already mentioned how restrictive and enforcing they are.

Personally what I think is the saddest part is how stupid MTV, CBS, and the NFL think people are. They think that they can say "we didn't know, we are outraged" yeah okay! :rolleyes:

Ov3rmind
02-02-2004, 09:47 PM
Paintball Talk?

Barfly
02-02-2004, 09:50 PM
I heard she had a diamond in her boobie :cool:

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
02-02-2004, 09:51 PM
Boobs Paintball

Tomato Tamato

Meph
02-02-2004, 09:52 PM
I debated posting in friendly corner yeah, but then really realized that this place is kinda both. Or so it seems as I can easily snag links if you want to plenty of other threads non-paintball related. That or only barely paintball involved by some fluke chance. Or so that's what I'm getting with the current state of AO.

Though honestly if it gets moved there I'm not about to worry 'bout it.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
02-02-2004, 09:53 PM
all for publicity =P

anything can happen these days

ASDadam
02-02-2004, 10:11 PM
It did what it was meant to do. Stir up controversy and attract peoples attention. End of story.

dansim
02-03-2004, 09:09 AM
it was not a covering, it was not diomond, it was a nipple ring shaped as a sun with a hole in the center for her nipple, and a bar holding it in:D

ntn4502
02-03-2004, 09:33 AM
get with the times people, she already said it was planned

BobTheCow
02-03-2004, 11:02 AM
Anybody have a link??? I was outside playing football during the half-suck show...

MadChild
02-04-2004, 12:33 AM
she has her nipple pierced

logamus
02-04-2004, 12:45 AM
i think it was a little of both, but most deffo she is too old to be flashing us. i think most of the higher ups at mtv and cbs had no idea that was going to happen. i heard an iterview with the show director who said the "shocking suprise" was going to be justin. supposedly he was not billed on the show and him coming out with janet was supposed to be the suprise. you can take that for what it is, but janet and justin knew exactly what they were doing, and justin should have done us all a favor and inspected the goods first so he could veto the idea. none of us really needed to see that.

i hope this mean at next years vma that madonna has to strip brittney. after all, she cant be outdone by her ex!

TransMan
02-04-2004, 06:57 AM
Well im sorry but I needed to see that multiple times and the only bad thing about it is that I didnt get to see both of em. She definitly wouldnt get kicked out of my bed if she decided to hop in and thats for sure.

gibby
02-04-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by TransMan
Well im sorry but I needed to see that multiple times and the only bad thing about it is that I didnt get to see both of em. She definitly wouldnt get kicked out of my bed if she decided to hop in and thats for sure.
No, but you'd get kicked out of her bed if you got on it.:p

Lone Brain Cell
02-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by TransMan

I would only kick her out of bed to shag her on the floor:eek:

sps16
02-04-2004, 08:13 PM
If i'm not mistakening janet jackson has an album coming out soon, this little incident could help in some sales ;)

Rather
02-04-2004, 08:18 PM
its such a publicity stunt.

Brit Spears- Marrys 'Gerge Castanza' divorced, new CD

Michael- Shags a boy, gets sued, has new album out.

Janet-Shows boobie, new CD out.

Get the motion of things?
The media usually does something on the 'musicians' before they release their albums.

Mindflux
02-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by sps16
If i'm not mistakening janet jackson has an album coming out soon, this little incident could help in some sales ;)

Seems more like it will hurt them. She's getting VERY bad press.

Cope
02-04-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Mindflux

Well, you know the old saying: "There's no such thing as bad press".
Controversy sells CDs.
Madonna has always depended on controversy to help her during her career.
Janet Jackson has been sexualizing her image over the last few years.
Remember the Rolling Stone cover with that guy holding her breasts?...that was a mini publicity stunt to get people talking.
Do you think all of the bad press Eminem got hurt his record sales?
Even bad press over criminal behavior helps some rap stars sell more product.
Publicity stunts work if a big star participates, and you can bet that there will be many more stunts to come.

sps16
02-05-2004, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Mindflux

Its not the nature of the press, its the fact that her name is in everyones head.

Benfica4ever
02-05-2004, 09:19 AM
Well she already admitted thast SHE changed it after the last rehearsel or how ever you spell it but she said that mtv and cbs dident know anything about it.

ERut
02-05-2004, 05:17 PM
As it turns out, Michael Jackson was one of the few people who didn't see his sisters boob... he was too busy looking at Justin Timberlake:D

SlartyBartFast
02-05-2004, 05:27 PM
It's the reaction of the general american public that's hypocritical. Or at least the portrayal of the public's reaction.

Honestly, the entire show is all sex and lewd acts, in the middle of a game that's partially about trampling over you opponents. It's being shown to a country whose culture is absolutely obsessed with sex and violence.

And the uproar is over a BOOB? :rolleyes:

Good lord, there's more nudity on the outdoor jean commercials here.

Mind you you really feel cold when it's 30 below and you see a lingerie ad.:p

Jack_Dubious
02-05-2004, 05:35 PM
There havent been that many Americans staring at a boob on TV since the last State of The Union address.

::rimshot::

Thank you, thank you...Ill be here all week. :D

JDub

BobTheCow
02-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Jack_Dubious
There havent been that many Americans staring at a boob on TV since the last State of The Union address.

::rimshot::

Thank you, thank you...Ill be here all week. :D

JDub I'll admit, that definitely took me 3 re-reads before I got it... *sigh*

Sooooo... have we still not found a link for this poor cow??

coolcatpete
02-05-2004, 08:15 PM
She admitted hat it was on purpose, She said it was a joke that went bad, and nobody exept justin knew.
Pete

ERut
02-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Benfica4ever
mtv and cbs dident know anything about it.

Call me cynical but I really doubt that.