PDA

View Full Version : Lucky, or just plain Good? (boo-yah)

bgredjeep
02-03-2004, 12:45 AM
I was going to put this in the Tech forum, but its not really a tech issue since everything is working... Anyways.

I got a Boo-yah Mag frame for my marker. I was rather apprehensive about the e-frames (boo-yah or hyper) so I actually bought 2 for a total of $150. I figured that despite all the various issues people have listed on this and other sites I should have not trouble getting a working setup from the 2 frames. So both my new frames arrive in the mail today and I eagerly check them out and see they both are in working order (my main concern). I picked the nicer looking of the 2 frames and started installing. I used a little common sense for changes with the sear and had it on the marker within about 15 mins. I reinstalled my x-valve, aired up the marker and dry fired some test shots into a pillow.

Much to my surprise it was working! I did see some trouble with the noid not reseting all the way on some shots so I consulted the manual that I saw online. After removing 1 shim and slightly adjusting the noid forward I reassembled and tested again. This time it worked great, firing every time. I fired about 50-60 shots with perfect results. Also, the sear is not resting on the noid pin so I see no way that the sear or bolt should have issues with wear, though time will tell for sure.

I bought the Boo-yah frame with my mind set on working through the problems and making it run, but in the end I hardly had to touch it to get it going. The things I have read that I can confirm as true are the following...
- the grips suck - I'll be getting some aftermarket grips very soon (*edit* when I say the grips suck, I mean that they do not hold their shape and to not properly seal the electronics... at all. They are actually quite comfortable for my large hands)
- the trigger is huge - I've never seen a trigger so wide, and the point for the double is annoying. Its going to be some work but with a file and a dremmel this is easy to fix.

Other than those items it appears to be a good product. Of course I'll have to use it for a while before it gets a full thumbs up, but so far its on my A list.

And now, back to the question that started this post. Am I lucky and just happened to get an e-frame that works right, or and I just that good? :cool:

PS -I'll add a pic tomorrow.

Jack & Coke
02-03-2004, 02:06 AM
look forward to seeing the pics :)

tyrion2323
02-03-2004, 09:49 AM
You selling the other Boo-Yah then? I'm definitely interested, if you are!

Jacob

bgredjeep
02-03-2004, 09:09 PM
I'm not sure I want to sell one just yet. I want to keep it as a back-up or for parts in case I do have trouble.

Here are the pics. Day 2 and its still working :)

http://www.knology.net/~MonsterPirate/a5/mag05.jpg
*note* the shaved trigger. I narrowed it a little also but that is on the other side (polished now)
http://www.knology.net/~MonsterPirate/a5/mag06.jpg

http://www.knology.net/~MonsterPirate/a5/mag07.jpg

Mag Master 04
02-03-2004, 09:49 PM
slick lil mag u got there dude

Barfly
02-03-2004, 10:08 PM
way cooler than hypermags.

Corbet
02-03-2004, 10:10 PM
where did you pick these up?

ZAust
02-03-2004, 10:32 PM
jeez.. that trigger guard looks tiny.

bgredjeep
02-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Corbet
where did you pick these up?

One from here on the forum, and another from pbreview B/S/T. I almost got a hyperframe but I came across the first e-lcd for the same price (minus the trade for my intelli that the hyper was going to take). So now I have this and still have my manual backup.

jeez.. that trigger guard looks tiny.

I agree. Its fine for me without my gloves, but I'll check and see how it is with them. I can shave it down to about 1/2 its current thickness and it will still be plenty strong. I think its main issue it the way it curves back toward the trigger so high. Nothing a dremmel can't fix... or maybe a hammer. Worst case I'll just take it off. Not like its doing a lot with how tight all the other parts (front grip and ASA) all sit around it.

Jack & Coke
02-04-2004, 12:14 AM
Remind me again why AGD doesn't make a low cost electro frame like this?:confused:

islandboi
02-04-2004, 12:19 AM
cuz they make more money this way