PDA

View Full Version : Is my x-mag legal and is it possible to short stroke in hypemode?

hostage
02-03-2004, 07:21 AM
Well I went to the field yesterday and I was able to shoot more than one ball with a single shot in hypermode, it wasn't to easy todo, but none the less I managed to do it. Electronic mode was easy to fire, and I wasn't able to get more than one shot per pull, manual mode was just reactive. Also is it possible to short stroke when using hybrid? Cause if I started railing on it every now and then I would get a chuff chuff and I don't think I got it for anything else. Just got a new x-valve and had to learn how to retune a level 10 heh.
-Doron

TSalPaintball
02-03-2004, 07:42 AM
That chuff, chuff sound you are getting, was probably just the Level Ten kicking in.

Bolter
02-03-2004, 08:54 AM
yup i would say that that chuff chuff noise was the level 10 saving yo butt.

RRfireblade
02-03-2004, 10:27 AM
The primary reason E/Xmags get questioned for legallity on occasion is because of Hybrid mode.It shouldn't be legal to use one that can be swithed into hybrid so easily but for some reason it usually gets by notice.In hybrid,the E/Xmag would most definately be considered illegal.

And no you can't short stroke it in hybrid,it stll fires by electronic activation.If your concerned,set the trigger to fire as early as possible in electro and then if needed shorten the trigger rod,this will illiminate the hybrid bounce.Just go a half turn at a time till it no longer contacts the trigger when in hybrid mode.

Jay.

Korrosion
02-03-2004, 01:14 PM
I made my trigger rod just a hair longer just for that reason. In hybrid it just rails... looks really good when I want to waste a lot of paint. :D The trigger bounce in hybrid makes me look like a pro, or at least like i have fast fingers.:p

hostage
02-03-2004, 04:25 PM
The problem is, I didn't have any paint and it would make the chuff chuff in it every so often in hybrid, though i didn't seem able to get that sound in electronic.
-Doron

RRfireblade
02-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Hybrids pretty fast.With 3.2 and the proper set up you can even exceed the 20bps cap by a tad.

personman
02-03-2004, 04:57 PM
I was never very good with hybrid with my micro E.. thats probally just me though :p
But no, in hybrid the HES is being triggered by the magnet in the trigger. You are just feeling the reactivity of the rod :)

TheTramp
02-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Yah, hybrid will almost always give you illegal runaway.

My E-Mag will fire full-auto at ~800psi input for as long as I keep my finger halfway pulled back. I've let it go for a full minute and it showed no sign of stopping (I think my trigger rod may be too long).

The simple solution is to remove the trigger rod. Of course you lose the ability to use manule mode but I've never had my electrinics go down so that's not too important to me.

And just to repeat what RRfireblade said, you can't short-stroke in E-mode or Hybrid as the trigger itself isn't causing the shot so it doesn't matter how you pull it as long as the HES sences the magnet.

RRfireblade
02-03-2004, 05:02 PM
The simple solution is to remove the trigger rod. Of course you lose the ability to use manule mode but I've never had my electrinics go down so that's not too important to me.

If your concerned,set the trigger to fire as early as possible in electro and then if needed shorten the trigger rod,this will illiminate the hybrid bounce

TheTramp
02-03-2004, 05:13 PM
I saw and tried that but i need it to fire at the very end of the stroke to be able to get a good walk going. I think if I screwed in the rod far enough that it didn't touch the trigger at all the whole thing would be thrown off.

RRfireblade
02-03-2004, 05:53 PM
That could be.What ever works for ya.;)

gibby
02-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Don't forget, you still need the trigger rod so you can chrono properly. I mainly use E mode. Hybrid mode is interesting, but it's not as fun as walking the trigger...at least for me it's that way.

BTW, personman...you're not the only one. :)

lamby
02-04-2004, 01:52 PM
this sounds painfully familure....

Check this thread.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89225&highlight=chicago

I still use the emag with the rod out, but I have a backup e-class which is slowly becoming my primary (my angel was my primary, but now it is gone :( )

RRfireblade
02-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by lamby
this sounds painfully familure....

Well I'm sorry you had probs,but as I stated earlier,it's very possible to adjust out any chance of hybrid bounce.

Jay.

barberjohn
02-04-2004, 08:28 PM
the hybrid on my micromag was crazy fast, and i would get trigger bounce like crazy. of course, that could be because my micro emag was a piece and didnt work very well too:( . but now i have a nice, reliable, and sweet rt pro, and im happy:D .