countchocula54
02-03-2004, 01:17 PM
just wondering if macro line will work with co2 running through it??:confused:

AGD Paint Baller
02-03-2004, 01:24 PM
yeah it will work just fine

Tunaman
02-03-2004, 04:09 PM
Using Macroline on a CO2 powered marker is the worst case there is. The cold CO2 will make the line contract and possibly blow. I DON'T recommend C02 when using Macro. It does work if you are careful. Heck...we used it for years running a 20oz vertical bottle on a mag...;)

countchocula54
02-03-2004, 06:46 PM
haha....well i think ill not put it on my tippmann...dont want to risk it blowing in my face...thanks for the info

Joomag
02-04-2004, 01:37 AM
It doesn't matter what type of line you use for Co2 or HPA. I use both macro and SS.

RRfireblade
02-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Joomag
It doesn't matter what type of line you use for Co2 or HPA. I use both macro and SS.

That's completely wrong.

Macro line,except for very specific types not normally sold in paintball stores or online are rated at WAY lower burst and operating pressures than SS.

With CO2,you have a situation where the pressure will very greatly inside the line as well as the line itself going through temperature related changes creating a much greater possiblilty of bursting than w/ HPA or SS hose.

Enemy
02-06-2004, 02:30 AM
really the only down fall of ss lines is they can scratch the gun if run next to it and without a quick disconect when you line it its stuck like that unless you unthread it... with macro most the connections are weird but alow the lines to be taken off with ease.. the only lines i have ever seen blow are macros and its at those odd easy to release connections that they blow.. or old hoses on the harpoon style connections on the cockers front blocks... personally if you have no fear of scratching the gun stick with stainless and slap a quck disc on it!!!

DeerChaser
02-06-2004, 11:12 AM
I use 1/4" SS rigid tubing, can't hurt it!!