PDA

View Full Version : Envy Loaders

1ofkind
02-03-2004, 06:35 PM
These are new from view loader, very wierd description and do picture. Cost 112$ and I'm dieig to see one, any links?

FreakBaller12
02-03-2004, 06:44 PM
what is an envy loader?
is it the one that the pods stay in the hopper?

sslecyk03
02-03-2004, 06:48 PM
this talks all about it : http://www.cmc-paintball.com/vl/ammo_envy.asp

its pretty stupid in my opinion, why would u want a huge piece of junk sticking way up on top of ur gun. say goodbye to lowprofile.

islandboi
02-03-2004, 06:50 PM
its ugliness would go perfect with that new jt gun and yea I kno I was reading about em on pbstar a while ago they only hold like 140 balls

sslecyk03
02-03-2004, 06:53 PM
yea 140 balls is the "large" clip too. the other clip is only 100.
This is nothing special, stick with ur egg or halo

tony3
02-03-2004, 07:20 PM
I definitely like it. For front it wouldn't be to bad. You always need to reload asap, plus its not like Im dropping hopper after hopper. I'll consider buying one.

camilion705
02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by tony3
I definitely like it. For front it wouldn't be to bad. You always need to reload asap, plus its not like Im dropping hopper after hopper. I'll consider buying one.

After the 3rd hopper hit of the day you will throw it in the trash. Or sell it to the kid at the field who thinks it's cool...

Why would anyone put that massive thing on top of their marker?

mark_426
02-03-2004, 10:39 PM
It looks to be a modded egg with a point on it, and it may stick up a bit higher. 27 bps, not too bad. $135, they must be trying to make halo's look cheap or something. they hold about as much paint, 140 seemed to be the number.

http://www.pbmessage.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=814

yeahthatsme
02-03-2004, 10:47 PM
they also have 300 round pods IIRC

painball
02-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Q-loader > Envy

barberjohn
02-03-2004, 10:50 PM
hmm, it seems like this came out to combat the idea of the q-loader, which i still would take over this. tonyd, try looking at the q-loader before this at www.q-loader.com.

painball
02-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Yes. I would go with the Q-loader. Though it doesn't have a high capacity, it has a lower profile and much higher feed rate. The reloading times with it are insane! Just pull the pod out and stick a new one in. Although it's moderately expensive, it's priced in the same range as the envy. Downside is if you need more firepower you gotta pay $25 per extra pod. Breaking one of these wouldn't be fun either. That would put a nice dent in your wallet. ;)

-Z

bgredjeep
02-04-2004, 03:29 AM
Don't forget all the good times you'll have winding up your q-loader pods every time you reload. Sure they have some special realoader that makes it easier, but thats just that much more junk to drag out to the field, not to mention what it costs (I'm sure its not included).

I think the Envy will be a hit with pros due to fastest reloading possible. I'll take a guess that its using JT slammer pods or something very similar. Only 140 rds? Sure, but how many rounds do you normally spill on the ground when trying to reload in a hurry during play? This eliminates the issue. Will I swap my Halo for this? No, but if I didn't already have a high end loader I would take in into consideration.

Are there any pics of this loader mounted on a marker?

Also, I think a more fitting name would be Pteranodon, what do you think?
http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~ircs/cogsci2000/pteranodon.jpg

robdamanii
02-04-2004, 10:22 AM
I'll still stick with my Halo.

And I think this idea is going to bomb, much like I think the Q-loader will bomb only because of the price.

Mindflux
02-04-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by robdamanii
I'll still stick with my Halo.

And I think this idea is going to bomb, much like I think the Q-loader will bomb only because of the price.

The qloader with 3 pods is no more expensive than a halo with a rip drive.

robdamanii
02-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Mindflux

The qloader with 3 pods is no more expensive than a halo with a rip drive.

But if you lose or break a pod, it's costing you 25 bucks to replace.

Mindflux
02-04-2004, 11:07 AM

But if you lose or break a pod, it's costing you 25 bucks to replace.

So?

If you break a halo shell, it's 23 to replace from topgeek(plus shipping). If you burn out a board it's 30, if your eyes die it's probably 20+.

There's nothing to break in the q-loader, except the pods. Simply don't just TOSS them around, they aren't mean to be like 3 dollar pods.

FallNAngel
02-04-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by bgredjeep
Don't forget all the good times you'll have winding up your q-loader pods every time you reload. Sure they have some special realoader that makes it easier, but thats just that much more junk to drag out to the field, not to mention what it costs (I'm sure its not included).

Actually, I'm almost positive it is included.

Let's see.. you'd have to carry pods to the field anyway, so there's no difference there.

The main piece the pods click into is smaller than a loader, so that's a plus.

The only thing you're really carrying around extra is the thing to load the paint... which isn't big.

GT
02-04-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by camilion705
after the 3rd hopper hit of the day you will throw it in the trash. Or sell it to the kid at the field who thinks it's cool...

or you could always get some game? Naaa lets spend another 1k on crap we think makes us better players...

robdamanii
02-04-2004, 12:54 PM

So?

If you break a halo shell, it's 23 to replace from topgeek(plus shipping). If you burn out a board it's 30, if your eyes die it's probably 20+.

There's nothing to break in the q-loader, except the pods. Simply don't just TOSS them around, they aren't mean to be like 3 dollar pods.

True, but if your reloading under fire, are you going to take the time to put that pod back in your pack?

That's one more distraction that I don't think is needed on the field where you already have a bunch of things going on.

Mindflux
02-04-2004, 12:55 PM

True, but if your reloading under fire, are you going to take the time to put that pod back in your pack?

That's one more distraction that I don't think is needed on the field where you already have a bunch of things going on.

Uh, so set it gently down on the ground next to the bunker you are at. There's no need to try and toss them half way across the field.

I bet they're more duable than we're all guessing too.

robdamanii
02-04-2004, 12:57 PM

Uh, so set it gently down on the ground next to the bunker you are at. There's no need to try and toss them half way across the field.

I bet they're more duable than we're all guessing too.

Probably true. It's just force of habit to chuck them off to the side when done with em. And for some reason I imagine changing a Qloader pod to be like changing a clip on a machine gun or something. Same kind of motion.

barberjohn
02-04-2004, 05:46 PM
i saw the vids of them reloading a q-loader, and it was pretty neat and very fast. all you have to do to take it out is twist and pull, then take one out of your pack and push and twist, all in one simple motion. oh, and the one downside to the q is that they are not going to be shipped for another 10 days, and some people may not get thiers for a couple of weeks. i just hope im in one of the first batches, but my egg will suffice until it gets here.

tony3
02-04-2004, 06:46 PM
I would buy a qloader if they weren't so stupid to reload. I don't like the inline with the barrel thing or the extended foregrip.

f3rr3+
02-04-2004, 07:02 PM
unbelievably ugly i give it -1 thumb

*ArKfEaR*
02-04-2004, 07:47 PM
combined with a Warpfeed = one fast mofo quick reloading summa ma bish.

;)

*plus profile problem fixed.

Personally, never would buy one but I'm sure there is someone that would.

Mag_SEAL-6
02-04-2004, 09:35 PM
I wanna see testing on this 27 bps, or at least a video. hopper's kinda ugly