PDA

View Full Version : Super Bolts

j.t.
09-16-2001, 09:25 AM
Cant wait to get one of these super bolts. I bet the cycle rate will be incredible! Just imagine- if an rt can do 24 balls a second (in a lab) with a stainless steel bolt, what it could do with a delrin bolt! There going to have to come up with a faster regulater.
(hint hint nudge nudge cough cough....):D

ZeroXtreme
09-20-2001, 03:35 AM
Hey j.t., where did you see this bolt? Can you possibly direct me to the site?
Thanks. :)

FeelTheRT
09-20-2001, 04:49 AM
j.t. The RT is able to cycle about 50rps. It just shoots 26 with out shootdown. the Bolt will have nothing to do with when it starts to shootdown. I think it maily just gets rid of the kick.

ZeroXtreme
09-21-2001, 02:54 AM
RT is correct, however I am still interested in seeing these new superbolts.
;)

Gunga
09-21-2001, 08:47 AM
I got to try out the superbolt in my Automag 2 weeks ago at the pig roast @ Bad Boyz Toyz.

There were 4 or 5 of us (along w/Tom Kaye). First we dry fired my Mag with the stock bolt (w/foamie if you care). Then we switched to the superbolt. WOW. The kick was lowered tremendously. After the demo, I told Tom that he had a few guaranteed sales (to the guys who were there). :)

krafty
09-21-2001, 10:35 AM
Tom just posted somewhere else here that the Super Bolt was on hold due to a chopping issue. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. I want one! :)

Whisper
09-21-2001, 10:58 PM
A super bolt, eh? Basically, Delrin is lighter so it will reduce the guns kick, hopefully improving accuracy during long bursts? Will this new bolt have the new style long-nose to reduce blowback? That really would be super.

BlackVCG
09-22-2001, 01:29 AM
So far, the bolt is a foamie style with the same casing length as the long-nose foamieless bolts. It basically looks like a new style foamieless bolt, with a black delrin casing right down to the base and then the sear latching surface is stainless. This thing is sooooo smooth. :) I'll put it in people's Mags and have them get a feel for it. They'll shoot a gun with the standard bolt in one hand and a gun with the delrin bolt in the other and in the end I've got them sold on it. :)

ZeroXtreme
09-22-2001, 01:37 AM
Um, guys... can anyone point me to a site where I can see a picture of the bolt?

Thanks
:)

BlackVCG
09-22-2001, 09:08 AM
I explained it as best as I could... Sorry, but there are no pics of the bolt anywhere.

DRAGONSLAYER
09-22-2001, 10:55 AM
Keep us posted on the delivery date, sounds like a must have
for me.

:p

AGD
09-22-2001, 08:55 PM
Super Bolt Update,

We are not having any problems with the SB, we were concerned with being able to replace the delrin sleeve when it wears out. It also is looking like they will come in different diameters to reduce blowback and ball bobble. You guys will get the first chance at them here on AO don't worry.

AGD

Panzerr
09-22-2001, 11:39 PM
I've been waiting for AGD to come out with a lighter bolt for the Mag for years. I thought titanium would be the best, but anything will be better than stainless. Can't wait to test out the new product.

PyRo
09-23-2001, 07:10 AM
Umm, the RT can do more then 24bps, the reg is limited to 24bps. This isn't for reducing, shootdown, it is for reducing any recoil, possibly helping with chops, because of a faster bolt return?
I think titanium wears out faster then stainless. Other then that, it would cost alot more to make, and not offer as much of a weight advantage as that of delrin.

Panzerr
09-23-2001, 08:43 AM
What? Titanium is much more durable than stainless, and a heck of a lot lighter.

MikeCouves
09-23-2001, 09:35 AM
Not necessarily. I will post something in a minute.

PyRo
09-23-2001, 09:57 AM
Hmm delirin, is lighter then titanium smart guy :)
Titanium will also wear out faster most likely.

Panzerr
09-23-2001, 10:27 AM
Delrin is harder than titanium? That's news to me.