PDA

View Full Version : Speedballer109's Custom Spyder/Clone "Ram Kit"

Speedballer109
02-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Hello there,
I work for my-self selling spyder products that i manufacture. So as of now i'm working on a very cool Project that includes the following parts:

Cocker Ram
Cocker L.P.R.
Cocker 3-way
Few other parts

I'm still waiting for the parts of the L.P.R. and the 3-way. Basically my Custom "Pimp-Con" will be operated on a ram rather then having a sear release the striker and having Blow-back return the striker. All controlled by the 3-way.

Ram has been installed, and the under side of the gun has been drilled (not seen in pic) a hole for the barb. (Has to do with measurements)

For more Information Visit Speedballer109's Custom (www.freewebs.com/speedballer109/)

Site is still being worked upon so...

Hey guys,
I have decided...well for now(Key phrase for now). To leave the electronics alone, in a way (i'll explain later after i'm done) This will be a Mech-ram operated gun, very fast though. Walkable? Extremely. Pull will be about 3mm and a very easy/smooth pull. I'll still have intell-feed.The Cocker 3-way is mounted in the frame. Very cool;) I'm not so thrilled with having the L.P.R. on the Reg, not totally cool, yet it has a "Timmy" Sorta Look.;) Once i get the C.I.P. Assault (later) then i will go back to the original idea, of mounting on the side.

Enjoy and I'll have more pics up later

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/speedballer109/5568542.jpg http://mercury.walagata.com/w/speedballer109/131786908450.jpg http://mercury.walagata.com/w/speedballer109/Reg-L.P.R.jpg

personman
02-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Thats a very interesting idea. Why havent I thought of that?
I have some questions to ask if you dont mind. How did you make the little plug where the RVA used to be?
How is the bolt coupled with the ram? What if the ram has too long of a stroke or something? Also, wouldnt there be a problem with shortstroking?
It looks very nice and professional. Kudos

the_next_guy_
02-03-2004, 08:37 PM
Good work. What is the trigger pull/weight like?

Speedballer109
02-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Questions are fine,

"How did you make the little plug where the RVA used to be?" Not sure what your refering to, explain. I have everything figured out with the ram/bolt/ lenght of stroke. The ram is adjustable using a set screw where the Velocity Knob use to be. i have done the work to see if it will open the valve/push the bolt far enough etc...This will be used with my Ant-Chop Bolt "Matrix".

This is gonna be controlled with eletronics, i have been brainstorming etc..But More work will be done and pics will be up tommorow keep posting.

Btw- I'm speedballer109 thats why.:p

Thanks.

Speedballer109
02-03-2004, 09:09 PM
If done by eletronics then it will be normal like 1 mm, If mechanical like about 3mm and it will be super easy because there will be no hammer to release.:)

Speedballer109
02-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Update! Refer to top post!!!!!!!!:)

tony3
02-04-2004, 10:55 PM
Better start buying LOTS of pnuematic hose;)

Speedballer109
02-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Have 3 feet :P

Jon S
02-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Presumably, the 3-way operates the ram which replaces the spring, right? So how do you control velocity? What would happen if you hold the trigger down, considering the blowback from the valve?

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 03:47 PM
I can sell you bulk pneumatic hose, or mabe just give you some..> I would like to see this project work. PM me.

Speedballer109
02-05-2004, 04:05 PM
I'm using a timmy Poppet, and velocity is controlled by the Regulator, Mech will work for sure, i'll get some jumping but no more then -10+. I mean i'm not gonna hold the trigger for 2 seconds or even 2, a pull back and a release, i have enough hoses don't worry:)

What ya think?

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 04:11 PM
This is really cool... you have pics of the entire set up, and if not when?

Speedballer109
02-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Soon, Hopefully, this process make tale some time because you want it to work! So i can't guarentee andything at the moment, alll this brain-storming relly hurts my head, and thats not a joke. Looking at pieces for hours really hurts:)