PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have any x-mag breach problems?

hostage
02-03-2004, 10:43 PM
I am curious if anyone else has been having problems. At first I thought it was the new x-valve i put in there, so i tuned it and returned it numerous times. I finally stuck a working e-mag valve w/ LX in it and it did the same thing. I noticed that it would make the chuff chuff noise. I would have to turn the barrel to get it to work and it seems like it would work fine when shooting paint then it the bolt would get stuck again, I would twist the barrel a little and the bolt would reset itself. One possible problem, is a friend anodized the marker, when he anodized it, he lost the barrel oring, I searched high and low and I think/thought I found one at lowes. Is there anything I should know about the breach what not to do or what not? Anyone else have this problem to? I spent to outings trying to fix this thing and I want it fixed :(
Thanx,
Hostage

ps Didn't know where this would be better placed, so if yall mods think it should be in tech, plz feel free to move it.

RRfireblade
02-03-2004, 10:48 PM
All I can say is I haven't had any troubles.I do crank down on the barrel pretty good though since it holds the whole assembly together.If your talking about the o-ring in the breach,I think that may be critical for centering the whole thing up.I'd say you one need to find one and try that first.

Jay.

hostage
02-03-2004, 10:51 PM
damn, i will be so pissed if that is/was the problem, AGD website doesn't have any up :(
-Doron

Mindflux
02-03-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by hostage
damn, i will be so pissed if that is/was the problem, AGD website doesn't have any up :(
-Doron

Just use a tank oring.

hostage
02-03-2004, 10:55 PM
tried though it was to small, the one from lowes seems to match better btw

Also do yall think the warp hose might be an issue I have a small warp hose going directly into the breach and the hopper is pretty tight against that I worry that it might push the breach to much towards one side.

-Doron

BartManSr
02-03-2004, 10:59 PM
I had the same problem with my Xmag. At first I thought it was the barrel or the feed. Each time it stop working I would unscrew the barrel a little and it would work.

I later switch from a Halo B to an Egg and it stop having the problem.

sneakyhacker420
02-03-2004, 11:09 PM
make sure the breech is centered and snug the barrel in real good

and try taking off the warp hose and see if it still does it

1stdeadeye
02-03-2004, 11:44 PM
My Warp breech used to eat ball detents! It is much better now.

Just check to make sure your breech is centered. Check the inside of it. Is the anno being worn off by the bolt in one area or another? Might not be centered.

Good luck!

Load SM5
02-04-2004, 12:15 AM
Check and make sure the breech is centered good before you tighten the barrel down. That o-ring inside the breech is pretty important for keeping the whole thing from having any play.

sneakyhacker420
02-04-2004, 12:18 AM
theres also the possibility that you are tightening the field strip screw too much, causing the valve/bolt to angle very slightly upwards, but enough so that it comes in contact with the sides of the retaining washer, causing it to bind up at times - that often happened with my micro-e until i found that it was best to only hand-tighten it

or there may be a burr on the retaining washer... which jammed up the LX on my minimag because the LX bolt is larger in diameter than the L7 bolt, making tolerances between the bolt and retaining washer much smaller

hostage
02-05-2004, 07:23 AM
ill try some of these suggestions out, though I've played with the breach. I think the hopper is putting to much pressure against the warp hose, which the hose is putting pressure agaginst the breach making it off center..hrmmm...

BTW anyone know the exact size oring that fits in that position?
-Doron

Mr Pink
02-05-2004, 07:49 AM
I was having problems with my Centre-feed breach, I think the weight of the Halo was causing it to shift slightly off-centre - causing the 'Chuff'

I didn't find a soloution to the problem except for changing the breech to Warp. But I've sold my Mag now, so that's not an issue anymore.

Good luck:)