PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Outside the Box

painball
02-04-2004, 05:28 PM
I've been thinking about possible new designs for an electropneumatic paintball marker for a while now. Although when it comes to pneumatics I know nothing. On the other hand, I've been thinking, what if we found a new way to propel paintballs other than air expanding. Which could possibly wipe out the need to lug around a heavy HPA tank. I don't know about ROF increase, it's possible.

Who else thinks we'll design a new way of shooting painballs in the near future? There's all dozens of forces of nature that we humans have yet to even scratch the surfaces of. Just a thought.

punkncat
02-04-2004, 05:35 PM
I have been hearing rumors about a "gas" propelled marker.It will supposedly work the same way that the mapp gas powered nailguns do.
I have heard nothing more than rumor about it.I used to repair those nailers and I sure hope that they find a way to make them more reliable than they were back when....

xXHavokXx
02-04-2004, 06:26 PM
Here is one. But instead of carrying a air tank youd have to carry a battery and solar panel

Coat the paintballs in charged ions and insert ions into the closed paintball system. then sequentially charge the barrel oppositely using electromagnets. paintball gets launched down the barrel and you use no air. it would be heavy as hell and expensive but is non air powered

i think air is the most efficient and inexpenisve way to go

Woogie12
02-04-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by xXHavokXx

i think air is the most efficient and inexpenisve way to go
I second that, but hey, who knows?

painball
02-04-2004, 06:43 PM
Heh. These bound to be tons of possibilities. We just don't have the technology yet. If Sony is creating life forms there's bound to be an alternate propellant other than a compressed gas.

Mossman
02-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by painball
Heh. These bound to be tons of possibilities. We just don't have the technology yet. If Sony is creating life forms there's bound to be an alternate propellant other than a compressed gas.

Dancing robots no = lifeforms.

And there is no easier way.

islandboi
02-04-2004, 07:16 PM
yea im looking to nuclear energy here for the cheap price of 5,000,000 dollars u can have a nuclear energy tablet placed in your gun capable of powering everything

painball
02-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Hey it would be pretty damn cool. Never say never. ;)

barberjohn
02-04-2004, 08:18 PM
hey, im sure if you asked doc nickel or punishers to come up with something like that, they could do it:D . tanks arent going to go away, just going to get higher pressure and smaller.