PDA

View Full Version : Fads on AO?

Woogie12
02-04-2004, 07:02 PM
Seems like there have been a few fads coming about in AO. First it was the ROF one, everyone and their grandmother had a post about how high ROF is, how it can and should be stopped, etc. Then it's almost philosophical looks on paintball. Now there's numerous posts going around about markers you shoot, how you play, and things like what you do when hit etc. What's the deal here?

-=Squid=-
02-04-2004, 07:06 PM
As AO turns...

FreakBaller12
02-04-2004, 07:10 PM
well i think it might be, when somebody brings up a good point, i thinker thread, people think about that and it just blossoms from there, until another "thinker thread" is started.

DiSoRdeR
02-04-2004, 07:14 PM
Yeah when people bring up a subject alot of people know about or have opinions about it, alot of threads will start to show up. Soon there will be threads about what people think about this subject ;)

cphilip
02-04-2004, 07:39 PM
If you been here a while you seen these same issues come up now for the umpteenth time now. So its not what I would call a fad of AO. Its a never ending cycle. And happens on ALL paintball forums! It's like Dejavoo all over again... :confused:

MantisMag
02-04-2004, 07:42 PM
baaaaaa!

FreakBaller12
02-04-2004, 07:51 PM
wouldn't it get boring for people who been here awhile??

cphilip
02-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12
wouldn't it get boring for people who been here awhile??

Um... yea... it do! ;)

Mindflux
02-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Fads on AO:

Asking the question in the title, and then re-explaining it in an EVEN longer version in the post, like people didn't know what you meant.

IE: This thread.

Sparq
02-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Nothing wrong with clarity...

Yes, every forum gets a bit stale once you've been around for a while...especially in the winter months for those of us who get snow and death-like temperatures this time of year.

RRfireblade
02-04-2004, 09:13 PM
First off,it's paintball. How many dang things are there to talk about?

Here you go in a nutshell:

Getting a new marker,what should I get next?
Got a new Marker,what should I get for it next?
My new marker doesn't work,tell me how to fix it.
Got a new marker,what else should I get next?
I'm pissed about all the new markers.

and,

Did you hear/see/read _ _ _ _ about paintball last night?
Repeat as needed.

Did I miss anything?

Jay.

;)

nastymag
02-04-2004, 09:31 PM
you forgot

the Keely thread

and The semi took skill outa paintball thread ( i hate this one )

but yeah ive seen everything repeat itself at least 5-6 times ....

you can see ive been a member for a while

Ov3rmind
02-04-2004, 09:46 PM
I <3 this place.:)

As regurgitated as some things are, there are always a few threads that spark interest as well.

xmetal2001
02-04-2004, 09:51 PM
And its threads like this that complete the cycle.

O who am i kiddin...i love the cycle.:D

WARPED1
02-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
It's like Dejavoo all over again... :confused: then there's Vujade, the feeling you've never been there!:p

Lee
02-04-2004, 10:34 PM
it's not boring or a re-hash to the new guy that posts the question.

i for one am happy to help out no matter how many times i answer the same questions.

sometimes the answers change with personal experience and discovering something new.

PissedGodzilla
02-04-2004, 11:33 PM
you missed one thing....

I hate my new marker, who wants to buy/trade??

Sparq
02-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Yep...it's a give and take thing. You ask questions, and people help you out. Once you've learned enough, with luck you'll stick around and help the next guy who shows up the with same questions. If everyone was asking and nobody answered, there would be no community.

cockermongol
02-05-2004, 01:16 AM
Also those "post pictures of your (say type) gun here"

dinger
02-05-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by PissedGodzilla
you missed one thing....

I hate my new marker, who wants to buy/trade??
GJ Captain Oblivious. You have officially made a 100% worthless and useless post in this thread, and for that you're in shame. ::EDIT:: oops lol i just realized you weren't serious :D

Nubs are always joining in the game, and come across the wonderful world of AO... then they gotta inquire about everything out there. But then there's the other Veterans that make threads that are of the "nubness" sort, but usually just to see what other people think, and to give this forum something to do. :)

GAMEING FORUM, ASAP

edit:this thread is part of that FAD thing... people are gonna start whippin out threads about "blah blah blah AO's gonna get jynxed, and then trees will start beating up mexicans and californians for growing vegetables!!! OMG NOES!"

yeahthatsme
02-05-2004, 10:12 AM
i've noticed this big fad of people owning automags on this forum, wuts up with that?

Woogie12
02-05-2004, 03:14 PM
lol, I think you guys kinda misunderstood me. I mean, the questions are fine, that's what helps people learn. I mean, once someone make a thread about a certain subject, about 7 other threads pop up about it, like the ROF thing.

dinger
02-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
i've noticed this big fad of people owning automags on this forum, wuts up with that?
if you were serious then you'd show no intelligence.

lol

yeahthatsme
02-05-2004, 09:48 PM
geez i was serious, thanks for making fun of me.

Woogie12
02-05-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by yeahthatsme
geez i was serious, thanks for making fun of me.
:D

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
02-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
First off,it's paintball. How many dang things are there to talk about?

Here you go in a nutshell:

Getting a new marker,what should I get next?
Got a new Marker,what should I get for it next?
My new marker doesn't work,tell me how to fix it.
Got a new marker,what else should I get next?
I'm pissed about all the new markers.

and,

Did you hear/see/read _ _ _ _ about paintball last night?
Repeat as needed.

Did I miss anything?

Jay.

;)

I have 10 markers and i need a new one that is completely different from the ones that i currently own :p

sneakyhacker420
02-05-2004, 11:58 PM
AO fads include:

-hating smart parts

-mech-only tourney question

-i want an x-mag, but dont want to wait... so i got a ULE e-mag

and more...