PDA

View Full Version : Xmag Level 10 problem

Lone Brain Cell
02-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Hi all, I just got my hands on the 1st xmag in Australia. (A beutiful puter one) anyway I bought it off a friend of mine that didnt like it (they had the carrier set up too tight) he put about 4 hoppers through it & sold it to me.

Anyway he said that the bolt was sticking (mostly carrier) but I have chipping on the bolt where the sear sits & the bolt is obviously hitting the breach (ware marks) is this normal?

RRfireblade
02-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Not "normal" but has happend before.You need to be sure the breach is properly aligned on the body and then tighten the barrel down very tight.If it's still hitting the breach,you need to try and find out where and file or sand that area of the breach till the bolt clears it.

Jay.

Lone Brain Cell
02-04-2004, 10:01 PM
cheers:)

Lone Brain Cell
02-04-2004, 11:32 PM
ok does anyone know why I would be getting "Chipping" on the bolt?

RRfireblade
02-05-2004, 09:54 AM
It possibly cause of the clearance problems causing premature resets and abreviated strokes.The other possible problem may be that the soleniod plunger lenth of not correct.I'd fix the first problem and then see what happens.

BlackVCG
02-06-2004, 12:59 AM
Slight wear on the surface of the bolt that drags on the top of the sear is normal, but if the chipping seems excessive and you can notice wear on the sharp point of the sear that latches the bolt, you'll want to check the solenoid plunger length.

Take the sear assembly out of the gun and measure from the bottom of the solenoid to the top of the arm it's attached to. It should be 3.010" total length. Use dial calipers to get this measurement.