PDA

View Full Version : macroline, ss braided, or microline?

Barfly
02-04-2004, 08:36 PM
Hey guys I will be getting my B2k in tommarow afternoon (hopefully) and I was just wondering what type of hosing you guys prefer. I will be using a 850 psi tank. Also I am wondering how to install them, as I haven't figured it out through a search.

personman
02-04-2004, 08:43 PM
I like SS hosing. I only use macroline when its the only thing I have laying around. If I know I'm not going to be changing my setup for a while I'll go ahead and buy a length of SS hosing. SS braided is the best stuff since sliced bread. I've had macroline blow up on me 1 too many times :p

FreakBaller12
02-04-2004, 08:46 PM
microline is horrible if you ask me.
macroline- i use it and love it, if you change sizes, you get it in fancy colors too:cool:
ss- is alright if your not changing set ups, but i dunno i just dont like it as much as macro

to get it on you make sure your fittings are tefloned, then just screw them on with a wrench .
note: if you do the teflon yourself, make sure you only get it on the threads and not too much.

-=Squid=-
02-04-2004, 09:14 PM
ss is "safer," but if you get good macroline it will last PLENTY long, plus is MUCH more managable and better looking. Macroline gets my thumbs up.

-=Squid=-
02-04-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Mindflux

Gee could that be because you're working on selling it?

SS line here, although macro does look better. Nothing you can't fix with heat shrink, or black electrical tape or black spiral wrap. Not only am I selling it for a reason, but if I was looking for a sale I would have directed him to the location to buy it.

Edited because I had an attitude towards my elders.

Brophog
02-04-2004, 11:00 PM
Braided steel with Quick Disconnects.

The only problem with that setup (for non stock class users), is that you my scratch your finish with the braided steel, but that can be fixed by heat wrapping the lines.

Barfly
02-04-2004, 11:18 PM
yeah I think that I will just bring it to the local place and have him hook me up with whatever he recomends.

-=Squid=-
02-04-2004, 11:56 PM

Nice attitude.

Ever heard of respecting your elders? I'm nearly a decade older than you.

:rolleyes: I am supposed to care, why? Im sorry, but me recommending macroline doesnt mean anything at all. Thats like AGD recommening NOT to buy there gun, except I didnt even tell him I was selling it. Has nothing to do with me at all.

Funny how your supreme age couldnt rummage up a better comeback than saying your a decade older than me? :rolleyes:

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 12:19 AM

Wow, you're looking to get banned AGAIN huh?

I know you recommend and enjoy macroline. But SS by nearly all means is a far superior AND safer product.

Flame away, buddy. No I dont plan on being banned, and if I do you better come with me. Your the one that started this whole thing, using your superior 26 year old intellect, and I replied with shove off...

Sorry to get the thread off topic.

And SS is NOT a superior product, that is simply your opinion, which I respect just fine. I just think the convenience of macroline is worth it. But im gonna blow my head off some day.

Dayspring
02-05-2004, 12:43 AM
Promises promises... ;)

Originally posted by -=Squid=-
But im gonna blow my head off some day.

Mindflux
02-05-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Promises promises... ;)

One can only hope :p

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 08:56 AM
I meant with macroline, as in, an accident, but im sure your supreme 26 year old knowledge didnt catch that one. :rolleyes:

phantomhitman
02-05-2004, 09:21 AM
this is drama at its best. i like macro and ss.

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 09:45 AM

No, I knew what you meant. I was still hoping you'd blow your head off.

:rolleyes:

"Your supreme 15 year old knowledge didn't catch that one." 16 silly goat. :p

Just thought I would say this, but your comebacks suck.

GT
02-05-2004, 11:01 AM
Hey,
both of you cute the crap. I here PBN still has open regestration.

My vote is grease whip or macroline. Greasewhip is awsome!

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Ouch... lol.

Sorry folks, I admit I was being petty and immature.

Hexis
02-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Well, I'm 29, so I must be smarter than Mindflux (by his own logic).

I love Macroline. I find it much easier to deal with, more flexible, cleaner and the only line I have ever seen blow was the users's fault.

So, any older farts than me have an opinion on the subject?

Hexis
02-05-2004, 11:42 AM
You may have written “respect”, yet the meaning you implied in context was “don’t argue with”.

Squid didn’t mention anything about selling a product, yet you went after him. It’s not too much of a leap to figure out that he does indeed like macroline, if he’s willing to offer up a version of it for sale. I don’t see how telling you to “shove off” is anything more than a response to an as rude (or worse) post from you.

Now remember, since I’m older than you, don’t argue with me. Respect your elders.

Personally, I’ll read or ignore posts, and respect the people who wrote them based on any number of things, but not their age.

Mindflux
02-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Hexis
You may have written “respect”, yet the meaning you implied in context was “don’t argue with”.

Squid didn’t mention anything about selling a product, yet you went after him. It’s not too much of a leap to figure out that he does indeed like macroline, if he’s willing to offer up a version of it for sale. I don’t see how telling you to “shove off” is anything more than a response to an as rude (or worse) post from you.

Now remember, since I’m older than you, don’t argue with me. Respect your elders.

Personally, I’ll read or ignore posts, and respect the people who wrote them based on any number of things, but not their age.

I was suggesting he was biased for a good reason, which he is. I didn't tell him to respect his elders until he said shove off.

Is there something wrong with mentioning when you think someone is biased? Last time I checked, no.

felony
02-05-2004, 12:09 PM
On topic :
Macroline, had some bad experienced then went to SS which is just a pain. Then I went back to macro, and havent had a prob

off topic:

r.e.s.p.e.c.t

Word-- Out of all the places in the world, we are worrying about respect on a forum!! I'll respect my dad, my mother, my sister, my brother and all my friends and their families, but there is no way I am gonna show respect to some joe sixpack off of the INTERNET w/o them showing some in the first place.

just my $1242.02

dan

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 12:09 PM

I was suggesting he was biased for a good reason, which he is. I didn't tell him to respect his elders until he said shove off.

Is there something wrong with mentioning when you think someone is biased? Last time I checked, no. Ok, look here buddy, you wont ever have my respect, and I wont ever treat you with it. Want to know why? Because your a stranger on the internet, your a jerk, you didnt treat ME with respect, and lastly, and most importantly, your not my dad. So again, why dont you just shut up?

My opinion on macroline is not biased, and even if it were, what does it matter? I never looked to score a sale here, seeing as I didnt tell him to buy from me. I just told him I Recommended it. Obviously I prefer it or I WOULD NOT SELL it. Jeez... I Figgured with your superior intellect you would have been able to figgure all of this out! :rolleyes:

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 12:22 PM

You keep bringing up this whole superior intellect thing. What's your issue? I don't CARE what you think of me, I'm stating that *I* think you are biased toward macroline purely because you sell it. Apple sales men are likely to think Apple computers are better than PC's. Is it that hard to comprehend? Obviously.

No I'm not your dad, thank god. I'd had beaten you to a pulp with the attitute you show here. But oh no, before you cry child beater.. no worries I'm not having any to begin with.

Again, I think you're biased. You can't grasp that.. where is YOUR superior intellect here. -=Captain Rollseyes=-. You obviously DO care what you think of me, considering that you want my respect.

Im not biased towards macro... If I didnt sell it, would you say I was biased towards it? NO! But hey, wanna know WHY I sell it? Because in my opinion, its the best type of air line out there, and I can offer an even BETTER form of it. Duh!

And yes, I will have a horrible attitude towards, well, I will refrain from calling you that as to not get banned, but lets just say that it wasnt nice.

Trust me, I dont have a good attitude towards internet-losers who feel that they have to prove their superiority to younger people. This being you.

And just because im home with nothing to do, I counted the number of "rolleyes" smileys. You used them two times, and I used them three times. Oh wow... I certainly over use them.

Try to come up with a less inane comeback next time.

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 12:33 PM

Uh.

I don't care if you respect me. Did you miss that in the last post?

Secondly, you sell macro line because you prefer it.. Gee.. that's a biased opinion. DUH.

I'm not trying to prove any superiority over you here, I'm just saying WITH MY OPINION I think you are giving a BIASED OPINION. You still haven't grasped that and apparently never will.

I don't care if you've used rolls eyes once, or 300 times. You're -=Captain Rollseyes=- to me. Why? Because that's how you've ended virtually every post you've responded to me about. Good attitude buddy.

Have a good day, enjoy your mediocracy and your blatantly OBVIOUS biased opinions of product for your benefit. In your first post you told me to respect you, so now what you are saying is contradicting what you PREVIOUSLY said.

Me selling macro because I prefer it, is NOT biased. Need I pull out a dictionary?

Biased would be recommending something, whether you liked the product or not, simply because you owned it, or any countless number of other hypothetical situations. I recommend macroline because I personally feel its the best. That sir, is not biased.

Again, your being silly here. Im captain rollseyes? I used it ONE more time than you did. So now your a hypocrite as well.

I dont recommend macro for my benefit. If I were biased I would use SS, not macro, and if I was looking to benefit from my recommendation, I would have included a link to my for sale thread, told him to PM me, or described my product, which I NEVER did, and dont plan on doing. My macro is selling just fine without me pushing sales.

ERut
02-05-2004, 12:42 PM
SS all the way, with quick disconnect.

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 12:43 PM

I suggested you respect your elders. I didn't demand it, thus don't care if you do or not. It was a suggestion.

Secondly, someone who sells a particular product over another is *MORE THAN LIKELY* biased. Again, apple vs. pc's. If you sell Apple brand computers it's LIKELY because you think it's superior (HENCE BIASED).

I'm not being hyocritical at all, -=Captain Rollseyes=-. I was using MY rollseyes to show you how ridiculous you look, and CONTINUE to look. Why did you quit using them? Because I CALLED YOU OUT ON IT.

Again, enjoy your mediocracy. Your like a 12 year old. I look ridiculous in your eyes, because your losing this argument that you have no backing for. Your just repeating yourself, while I continue to actually prove a valid point.

If by your hackneyed use of the word "mediocracy," you are referring to my product, continue to say such. My macroline has certainly proved itself in terms of quality.

And no, selling apple brand computers is NOT biased, unless you recommend them knowing its inferior. Acccording to your logic, YOUR biased for recommending stainless steel.

Oh, and I will have you know I respect all people regardless of there age, assuming they treat me the same way. So far you have not given me any reason to respect you.

ROLLSEYES :rolleyes:

deathstalker
02-05-2004, 12:44 PM
Pretty sad how two people can ruin a thread. Take it to PMs, kids.

I prefer SS because I have to perform zero maintenance. Whenever I use macro, I always get a minor leak and have to re-cut it to get a good seal with the fitting. It's pretty reliable, but my experience has shown that SS is the most reliable, trouble- and maintenance-free option for gas lines.

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 12:48 PM

I'm not biased for recommending Stainless Steel. I have both macro and Stainless. I prefer stainless for it's lack of maintenance. I recommend it for that too, however I do not recommend it because it's what I soley own, use and sell. For instance.

I'm losing no argument here, I'm reitterating what you cannot comprehend.

Once you can comprehend what I've posted, I cease to post more about it. Get it? Got it? Good.

Good day, -=Captain Rollseyes=- This is pointless. Shouldnt you be at work or something?

EDIT: I almost forgot... ROLLSEYES :rolleyes:

Oh, wanna know why I solely own it? Because its the best, in my eyes. Just like SS is in yours, or you wouldnt recomend it. Did you drop out of school or something?

Mindflux
02-05-2004, 12:50 PM
This is pointless. Shouldnt you be at work or something?

I *AM* at work, shouldn't you be at school getting an education?

:D

Oh, wait, Arkansas. That explains the no school/education thing.

P.S - I don't soley own Stainless Steel.

P.P.S - I graduated school just fine, many years ago. Thanks for asking!

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 12:52 PM

I *AM* at work, shouldn't you be at school getting an education?

:D

Oh, wait, Arkansas. That explains the no school/education thing. Actually, its a snow day. Yes, Arkansas sucks, but yes, im getting an excellent education. Obviously higher than you did with your incest homeschooling. ROLLSEYES :rolleyes:

Way to exploit your workplace by arguing with a 16 year on the internet all day.

Mindflux
02-05-2004, 12:54 PM
Actually, its a snow day. Yes, Arkansas sucks, but yes, im getting an excellent education. Obviously higher than you did with your incest homeschooling. ROLLSEYES :rolleyes:

Way to exploit your workplace by arguing with a 16 year on the internet all day.

1) I didn't have any formal education in the state of Texas. No incest homeschooling here.

2) I'm the network admin, I can exploit the network HOW I want, when I want. I'm currently updating the virus definitions for the whole building and while I wait for the scheduler to post updates I'm sitting here discussing this.

Go do some homework or read a chapter ahead in a book. Just because it's snowing doesn't mean your education should grind to a hault.

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 12:56 PM

1) I didn't have any formal education in the state of Texas. No incest homeschooling here.

2) I'm the network admin, I can exploit the network HOW I want, when I want. I'm currently updating the virus definitions for the whole building and while I wait for the scheduler to post updates I'm sitting here discussing this.

Go do some homework or read a chapter ahead in a book. Just because it's snowing doesn't mean your education should grind to a hault. Actually im working in chemistry, and no, im not going to pretend like im a super genious, even though I Feel you havent proved any better of a point than I. And I will have you know, this chemistry is hella hard... I hate this class.

Im to the point, where I feel silly for arguing with you on such a pointless matter. Can we just agree to disagree? (No, I dont think im wrong and am trying to cover it up. I just think that this is going absolutely nowhere. We have resorted to petty name calling. That says something.)

Dayspring
02-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Oh for God's sake, knock this crap off...

Act your respective ages or take it to PM's.

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 01:00 PM

Act your respective ages or take it to PM's. Thats what I tried to do in my last post... This post of your didnt help anything.

EDIT: May as well say this. I dont have to take this to PM's if I dont want. This is a public forum, and an argument arose. Do I need to do a search and pick out of thread you have argued in?

Mindflux
02-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Actually im working in chemistry, and no, im not going to pretend like im a super genious, even though I Feel you havent proved any better of a point than I. And I will have you know, this chemistry is hella hard... I hate this class.

Im to the point, where I feel silly for arguing with you on such a pointless matter. Can we just agree to disagree? (No, I dont think im wrong and am trying to cover it up. I just think that this is going absolutely nowhere. We have resorted to petty name calling. That says something.)

Haha, I agree we've both gone too far for sure. Atleast it's mellowed out a bit.

We'll call a truce. OK? TRUCE!

Chemistry IS hella hard, funnily enough I work in an Analytical Laboratory. I'm surrounded BY chemists, and they make ME feel very dumb. They talk about stuff that goes clear over my head, of course they all have BS or PHD's in their respective fields.

Mindflux
02-05-2004, 01:01 PM

Act your respective ages or take it to PM's.

With all due respect he is acting his age ;)

*chuckle*

*jabs at squiddy*

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 01:03 PM

Haha, I agree we've both gone too far for sure. Atleast it's mellowed out a bit.

We'll call a truce. OK? TRUCE!

Chemistry IS hella hard, funnily enough I work in an Analytical Laboratory. I'm surrounded BY chemists, and they make ME feel very dumb. They talk about stuff that goes clear over my head, of course they all have BS or PHD's in their respective fields. I agree. Truce. Sorry I argued with you on such a stupid subject.

This chapter isnt to bad, but naming compounds just never really stuck with me, and I ended up getting a smooth 60% on that test. Good ole' groundation for that from the folks.

EDIT: Wow... this thread certainly made a turnaround :eek:

And dayspring, I Take back what I say. I was still slightly fursterated...

logamus
02-05-2004, 05:46 PM
And dayspring, I Take back what I say. I was still slightly fursterated...

indian giver.

oh, and put me down for SS.