PDA

View Full Version : Well, how does she look?

thei3ug
02-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Origional thread here:
http://www.paintmagazine.com/cgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=8&thread=10839

Some of you may know I am a Palmer nut. Since I was a tiny toddler I wanted a typhoon. I got one a few years ago, and was happy, except for one major difference between all my other guns and my phoon. Palmer has offered the typhoon with a sheridan style gripframe for over 13 years now, and has pretty much said "hey, this is how we build it." us .45 lovers grinned and bore the burden. (I already own 2 mags, so don't say it. I KNOW you were gunna say it). Now Allan said "I'm gunna buy some blazer .45 frames, and re-engineer them to fit typhoons." This guy is awesome. it seriously changes how the phoon points. The frame is somewhat wider than the sheridan, but without something like PMIs, it feels downright skinny. :) I'm not sure if I'm going to get some wraps though, I kind of like the simple look of panels. I think I could get used to it.

I was in a rush and didn't fix the color on the images, so my apologies to Allan for that. Everything is smooth, the frame is without a blemish, the plating is great, the trigger feels exactly as he got it.

The frame geometry is slightly different from my sheridan, in that it hangs closer to the vertical line and arcs further back (if that's a good description) and of course the shape of the trigger is different from the shoe that I had on before. I gassed it up, however, and there's no real learning of a new trigger for me. Not like it matters, I'm no paintball rock star.

Overall, you .45 fans would LOVE this thing, Allan was a good man, does good work, and does it quick. I don't mind at all encouraging anyone sitting on the fence to throw some business his way. His contact from other posts on this subject is: allanc@lanset.com

I know it's something of a niche market, but man, I am just so giddy over this thing I'm kinda telling everyone I know.

http://members.aol.com/thei3ug/45.jpg

http://members.aol.com/thei3ug/452.jpg

The Action Figure
02-04-2004, 10:13 PM
wow pretty nice, palmers makes some quality stuff, I like the nasty typhoon cept for the weight

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/images/Higher-res/dbl.JPG

Mag_SEAL-6
02-04-2004, 10:13 PM
Beautiful gun man. How does it shoot? I know that palmers makes nice regs and barrels but have never shot a palmers gun

Carbon
02-04-2004, 11:39 PM
Blazers and Phoons are the hot ness. Yeah they are a bit of the niche/specialty items, but hey. Every once in a while a fella or two would come by the field and rock a Blazer or a phoon. They are always nice to see, most of the noobs will drool over the Angel or the uber cocker. I see a blazer or a phoon and i almost wet my pants. Ive never played with a Blazer or a phoon, but i have hot a hopper or two over the chrono range and boy they are nice.

islandboi
02-05-2004, 12:12 AM
yea i've wanted a blazer i plan on collecting guns soon as I have a job and its definately on my list

Sir_Brass
02-05-2004, 01:06 AM
I remember almost wetting my pants when I got my blazer and I gassed her up and shot paint through her. that was back when she looked like this:

http://mercury.pr.erau.edu/~robere31/pics/Blazer/Blazer_on_table_web.jpg

I've had some work done on her, and can honestly say that I miss the double trigger a bit, though the blade trigger is nice. but I have anti-siphon on her, and it's great, as is the matched barrel (and I thought that the blazer was accurate BEFORE! she's even more so with the matched barrel! it's so nice it's unreal). here she is now. All that's left for me to do is get a new guage (guage now reads 125 psi when NOT aired up. can we say "INACCURATE"?), a second stab (Glenn palmer swears by dual regulation with anti-siphon. I'll believe him), delrin flat rings for the bolt, MAYBE a new master block (MAYBE), black powder coat highlights, and a set of sam's full wrap around custom wood grips :).

http://mercury.pr.erau.edu/~robere31/pics/Blazer/blazer3_web.jpg

shartley
02-05-2004, 06:23 AM
Very nice indeed.... I responded already in your PPS Thread. :)

FreakBaller12
02-05-2004, 06:54 AM
how does it shoot, i have never seen one in real life...

Sir_Brass
02-05-2004, 12:08 PM
which? bug's typhoon (which is the topic here, I was merely commenting on the blazer comments :)), or my shadow (the blazer. her name is shadow)?

Muzikman
02-05-2004, 12:43 PM
I need a .45 for my Typhocker. Maybe I'll turn it over to Allan and see what he can do.

thei3ug
02-05-2004, 02:31 PM
muzik,
Actually, your gun inspired me. I measured up the sear length, and the phoon sear sits at the same point and height as the cocker sear does, and since they're already drilled for sheridans...

The only problem is the front hole for the gripframe is too far foreward, and to clear a cocker ASA would require modifying the frame.

So this idea evolved: get a micro/halfblock/turtle/martin style cocker. Have someone whip up a reverse front block with only a ram and LPR mount...

Instant blazer conversion!

Oh, and for you guys new to palmers, they shoot AWESOME.

barberjohn
02-05-2004, 08:21 PM
mmm, with ano like that, especially from palmers, i bet that cost a pretty penny. looks incrediable, and im sure it shoots just as well. i wonder if glenn has thought of making a typhoon with a removable barrel, im sure he would get much more sales.

Sir_Brass
02-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by barberjohn
mmm, with ano like that, especially from palmers, i bet that cost a pretty penny. looks incrediable, and im sure it shoots just as well. i wonder if glenn has thought of making a typhoon with a removable barrel, im sure he would get much more sales.

yeah, he did. It's called the blazer ;)

thei3ug
02-06-2004, 09:02 AM
it's not anno.

It's solid brass tubing. Blasted matte finish, then had a pattern polished into it for a matte/polished tigerstripe finish after nickel plating.

yah, it's heavy. and i LOVE it that way.