PDA

View Full Version : People backing out of deals?

tony3
02-04-2004, 10:37 PM
Wow, I can't express how much I hate when people do this. I don't mind if someone was mildly interested and finds a new gun, but when I'm expecting money and nothing arrives, I just get mad. I have been selling my imp for 3 months on and off, and have had this happen to me countless numbers of times. I have heard every excuse. The best one was, he used the money to bail a friend out of jail. Sorry about my ranting, I got all my money I need for a new gun, just don't have money for my imp. Rant away everyone else.

NJPaint
02-04-2004, 10:43 PM
honestly, a deal is never closed till the money is in hand. I will not turn down a buyer unless I know I already have the money for it, or I know the person is good for it. Its the simplest solution and hasn't failed me.

WARPED1
02-04-2004, 10:48 PM
I hate when guys offer to buy or trade your marker, then after you say yes, they instantly post your gun up for sale or trade, before you even get thier money and ship it to them!

spantol
02-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Yup, it pretty much sucks. I had a prominent AOer welch on me awhile back. Payment was "going out shortly" and then I didn't hear anything from him for a couple weeks. Shortly after that, he started a thread about his new gun, which would have run him right around the price we had agreed on. I put two and two together.

Still chaps my butt, and I won't deal with him again.

RusskiX
02-05-2004, 03:38 AM
Thats why Paypal is your friend! :cool:

dinger
02-05-2004, 03:48 AM
Welcome to the Asshats of the Intarweb!!1

shartley
02-05-2004, 06:19 AM
As was stated, the deal is not done until the money is in the bank. Never budget money you don’t have, nor count on a sale that has not been finalized and paid for.

But I fully understand how you feel.

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 08:58 AM
I hate it when im making a deal, and somebody wont buy my marker or sell me theres because im 16, and they dont trust me :mad: ohhoooo that makes me furious.

Deep Sixx
02-05-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
I hate it when im making a deal, and somebody wont buy my marker or sell me theres because im 16, and they dont trust me :mad: ohhoooo that makes me furious.

Blame that on your peers. Unfortunately it is your age group that causes 90% of the problems... even though you personally are more mature and responsible.

I know lots of people that won't deal with kids anymore. I've been burned many times by punk teenagers. If I'm dealing with younger people, I try and get lots of references and preferably even meet in person to do the deal.

sixx

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 10:26 AM
Its because most of them dont take care of there gear, and think that they can get away with anything. God I hate teenagers, and hate being one even more.

GT
02-05-2004, 10:50 AM
post negative feedback. They allow it on ebay for non paying buyers.

I am getting so fed up with trading online. Most folks are complete screwups. My last 3 out of 4 deals have left me with a bad tatse. The only deals that go well are with members on AO. So guess where I am going to do all my trading business?

In all honesty unless you get a really good deal on stuff reselling on a message boards costs you more in time than the actaully potential profit maybe worth.

for the most part when I sell stuff on ebay I am paid. So if you really want to sell somehting in a few days put it on ebay with a buy it now option...

tony3
02-05-2004, 06:06 PM
I did leave him some negative feedback, his name is dicksondood23 i think.

logamus
02-05-2004, 06:27 PM
when i sell on ebay now its paypal only. and i also have gone to not leaving feedback until feedback is left for me (on ebay that is). you just cant trust the schumck to leave you feedback anymore.

Fixion
02-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Thats why ebay is so good.

WARPED1
02-05-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by tony3
I did leave him some negative feedback, his name is dicksondood23 i think. He's ripped people off from here before......................

tony3
02-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I figured though, he can't do much damage if he is sending me money first, then Im sending the gun.

melster
02-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by RusskiX
Thats why Paypal is your friend! :cool:

Paypal is NOT your friend. If someone pays you with a stolen credit card and Paypal finds out, they WILL take ALL of the money in your account. If someone pays you with a credit card and decides to do a chargeback, Paypal will yank the money out of your account.

So someone can buy your $1000 gun off you with Paypal, and then charge it back. They end up getting a $1000 marker for free.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
02-06-2004, 12:17 AM
i hate doing business internationally, you never know what could happen and if something does happen you can't do anything about it.

And for paypal...well...i dont know much about it but if it was this easy why doesn't everyone do it?

melster
02-06-2004, 12:20 AM
www.paypalsucks.com

Shoplifting is easy, but not everyone does it.

bunkermaster10
02-06-2004, 04:52 AM
I have had like 10 people tell me there were going to buy my eggy for 30$ and then they all back out basically because they have to save up money for spring break. I think I have a guy buyin it now though....:rolleyes:

shartley
02-06-2004, 07:31 AM
melster -
Many of those things you mention about Pay Pal taking back money from your account is standard for “real” business payment processes as well. It can’t just be hung on Pay Pal as if they are doing something that is not standard procedure in the business world…. In fact real business can get much worse.

GT
02-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by melster

So someone can buy your $1000 gun off you with Paypal, and then charge it back. They end up getting a $1000 marker for free.

no they dont as long as you have proof you shipped it to them...

hAppy
02-06-2004, 10:31 AM
i had 2 guys back out on me, not counting the light ones WITH excuses

1 time a guy begged me to sell him my warp, ok deal, i wait like 2 weeks no money, no reply, no nothing. so that was all. end of that, guy backed out so obvious and didnt reply to any emails

the 2nd one was recent. i was offered to trade tanks, deal. so b/c it was a sealed deal i have to reject like 5 other decents offers. he said he would send his part friday, so i waited, and i tried to aim him and ask if he sent it. he ignored me. eventually he just blocked me, found out cus i added him on another sn. well i can understand that he wants to back out, but say something! dont leave people hanging believing they will recieve a package in a few days. the whole story is in my feedback in my sig

02-06-2004, 11:20 AM
I had one guy on ebay who bought an invision and then never replied. Now I wouldnt have cared if he backed out of the deal but he could have atleast given me the courtesy of telling me he wasnt interested so i could put it back up on ebay. Now I have to go to the trouble of getting my fees back. I could of had it sold by now. AND since I last put the auction up pbgear has dropped the price of new invisions.

Mindflux
02-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by 845
I had one guy on ebay who bought an invision and then never replied. Now I wouldnt have cared if he backed out of the deal but he could have atleast given me the courtesy of telling me he wasnt interested so i could put it back up on ebay. Now I have to go to the trouble of getting my fees back. I could of had it sold by now. AND since I last put the auction up pbgear has dropped the price of new invisions.

Non Paying bidder form, gets your fees back instantly.

Or you can give the next highest bidder a second chance offer.

Fred
02-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Its happened to me, and I know I'm guilty of it, but usually its due to extenuating circumstances, like needing to fix my car, etc.

I'm being ripped off even as we speak for an MO that "never arrived"... i gotta get to the PO and have it tracked to see what really happened to it.

its part of doing business on the net... you get deals sometimes, you get the shaft others.

---Fred