PDA

View Full Version : how to intellifeed hyperframe w/o common battery

robertjuric
02-04-2004, 11:56 PM
All of the plans and circuits Ive seen are for when the share a common battery, but what if Im going to use seperate batteries? Can I just tap into trigger?

Tim Taylor
02-05-2004, 11:02 PM
Nope, can't tie onto existing trigger switch. At least not if it's the stock switch. Easiest way to do this is to change trigger switch to a DPDT type switch. Connect one set of contacts to the existing frame wiring and the second set of contacts to the Revvy. Just use the Intelliframe wiring diagram from AGD (be sure you use the second set of contacts however).

robertjuric
02-06-2004, 12:44 AM
Is that the only way?

Tim Taylor
02-06-2004, 12:34 PM
You could build a circuit that isolates both voltage sources and directs the appropriate signal to the appropriate device I'd have to think about it a bit to come up with something.

Another idea:

You could use a micro 9V DPDT relay in place of the DPDT switch. The downside to this is that you would need to find a VERY small relay and the MTBF (failure) would be about 30
cases give or take.

I am not sure where you would put either of these 2 mods. Space in a hyperframe is a premium. Believe me the best option is the switch. Unfortunately I couldn't find a switch to do this for you. Best bet source for this switch would be Cherry (the name of the company).

robertjuric
02-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Can I not just splice into the wires coming off the switch?

And yet another alternative connection posted by sniper1rfa

I have found that connecting just the negative lead of the solenoid to the intellifeed (to the tip of the connector) and setting it to (-) works. It's the positive lead that causes problems. No need for funky parts that way, too. :-)

Would that not work?