PDA

View Full Version : Going to do a documentary on paintball...

laxster08
02-05-2004, 02:45 PM
I am going to attempt to do a documentary on paintball, what do u think i should cover? what would be a good area to focus on, is going be prob about 15-20 minutes long, i'm asking you guys as players, even thoug i'm a player, but still, its wut hte people wanna see...thanks

Lee
02-05-2004, 03:36 PM
something the average person on the street can relate to: rec players.

Jeffy-CanCon
02-05-2004, 03:46 PM
A "history of paintball" documentary would be a good idea. To do it properly you'd need access to older gear, though. 007's, Splatmasters, PMI-1's, and older model masks, pods and loaders.

Another good idea would be a general overview, explaining the differences between stock, pump & semi, and speedball vs rec vs scenario play.

Or the story of a person or small group preparing/playing a tourney or scenario.

laxster08
02-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Those are good ideas, besides the histroy i don't want to focus on the past, more modern day, maybe i can get someone to explain how it evovled..that woudl prob be a good idea...n e one else..thanks by the way

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 04:14 PM
If you are trying to get people into paintball or just want a cool thing for them to see, I would do speedball... I say this because in my opinion, its for more exciting, and overall more interesting to watch. Just my $0.02

laxster08
02-05-2004, 04:46 PM
ya obviosly speedball will be in it, but like a regular documentary i'm thikning, maybe will summit it in a festival if it comes out good...n e one else got n e ideas..this is part of hte process to research everthing

WenULiVeUdiE
02-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Go to the biggest tourney in your area to include in the documentary. If it is NPPL or PSP then there will be product booths and some other various things to look at and show people. Then go to a rec field film a fake or real game and then go into the guns. Or say this is recball, they mainly use these types of guns, then speedball yada yada yada. You get the point.

Muzikman
02-05-2004, 06:12 PM
I say do a documentary on whatever type of play you have the most interest in. If you like rec, arrange with the local field to shoot on a day with a good many rec players (noob and experienced). Pick a few people out of this group, and document their day of play. If you like tournament, I suggest finding a good local team that you can do a day-in-the-life of a tournament team as they get ready for an event. Or if Scenarios are your thing, I say get with one of the more popular teams and do a day-in-the-life of sort of thing. I watch a lot of documentaries and I think the best are when it is focused on a small group of people on a very narrow focused topic, especially if you are only talking a 15 minute short.