PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframes not work on older mags?

spyderkiller
09-16-2001, 03:31 PM
I've heard that a lot of people with older mags have problems with hyperframes. What is meant by "old" mag. I mean, what is the smallest cerial number that wont have a problem with the hyperframe?

Ityl
09-16-2001, 06:07 PM
hyperframes are tolerance dependant. They are built and won't work out of the box on most guns, you have to send it in and have them tweak it,

spyderkiller
09-16-2001, 06:16 PM
Really? People at my field who have hyperframes on their mags say that all they did was screw on the hyperframe and it worked beautifully. I've never heard that it has to be sent in. The same people said that they have friends who's mags got screwed up by the hyperframe because the older mags can't handle the hyperframe very well.

Dubstar112
09-16-2001, 06:21 PM
an older mag maybe worn and out of tolerance slightly..

more of a techy thing eh?

Cobrachs
09-16-2001, 06:27 PM
In my experience hyperframes either work or they dont. The first frame i had on my gun caused the bolt to stick during rapid fire. It was used and i didnt buy it from the guy. My second frame, also used works great and i am very happy. I have heard people say they had to send them back for adjustment, which i probabley could have done with the first one, but i didnt want the hassle because the guy selling it wanted to much money anyway. Good Luck

Ityl
09-17-2001, 10:34 AM
My friend got one, kinda worked on my gun and didn't at all one his. Sent it in, (cost $6) and it came back working beautiful. Why spend the time screwing around when they can tweak it perfectly. Just my reasoning. And the body on my mag is an old pump body so it does work with older guns.