PDA

View Full Version : how to set bps on a Nelson board in an excal?

dinger
02-05-2004, 04:25 PM
seems like its shooting slow. and i was wondering if i can find out what its set at and how to make it higher

thanks

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 04:26 PM
I believe that its permanently fixed at 30.3 bps.

dinger
02-05-2004, 04:31 PM
thats what i thought
goddamn pbn makes me more stupid :mad: :mad:

this thing is slow wtf :(

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by dinger
thats what i thought
goddamn pbn makes me more stupid :mad: :mad:

this thing is slow wtf :( Get a WAS! Not to expensive, and really REALLY fast!!!

dinger
02-05-2004, 06:48 PM
or not.

time to get a timmy

-=Squid=-
02-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by dinger
or not.

time to get a timmy lol... whats wrong with WAS?

~WarpedRT#2~
02-05-2004, 08:57 PM
If you want something fast, try one of the new 4s, or a Speed. I think they will go fast enough for you.

Jon/xpm
02-05-2004, 09:44 PM
dinger-they come stock at 12bps
In order to raise the BPS
You must have a cable for the nelson board or send it to AKA
Thanks
Jon/xpm

cledford
02-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Jon is correct about the cable - although I thought they came set at 10bps. Maybe they upped it, but when I took the tech class (July 2002) it was 10 for the Excal and 12 or 13 (can't remember) for the Viking. This was one of the reasons there were so many AKA owners pissed about the software issue (although it seems I was the only one who ever got associated with the issue and I don't even own an Excal :) ) - the guns couldn't be turned up with the software and data cables and there were neither ;)

Anyhow, once the software did come out the first style cable (originally distributed wit the first Excals then stopped) allowed you to upload new settings, but not download from gun. The newer style cable (produced in small numbers after the new software for the Nelsons came out) allowed both. These cable ARE NOT the Equalink (WAS) cable for the Equalizer - they are different and much harder to find. This is due to AKA's philosophy (at the time) that they really should only be in the hands of techs. This was what was stated to when I was complaining about not being to get one.

Anyhow, most of the AKA guys I know are VERY friendly and helpful to other AKA owners - they typically will send you their cable on loan. Check out the PBN AKA forum.

-Calvin

dinger
02-07-2004, 03:24 PM
this means i was shooting the thing at 12bps then

lol