PDA

View Full Version : What do you think makes a great game great?

Smakman
02-05-2004, 06:02 PM
From my perspective, I would have to say the quality of the players. It's all in the people you are playing with. If you have a bunch of bad attitudes or cheats it will reflect on the game as a whole and bring down the other players who see the results of those attitudes and actions. The longer I live, the more I understand how much our attitudes have to do with everything we experience and accomplish.

Last year I hosted OES II and it rained the ENTIRE weekend, but the players had a good attitude so it was a good game in spite of the weather. There are plenty of factors that can bring down a game like poor paint quality, poor organization, ect. but I still beleive that in the end, THE PLAYERS MAKE THE GAME. So be a quality player. Safe, fair, honest.

punkncat
02-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Thats really a tough one.
I have been to quite a few large games that were great fun , even in spite of the cheaters and folks with bad attitudes.
Really I can't think of any large event I have been to that there hasn't been a few cheaters.Most of those get weeded out rather quickly anyway.
But as far as what makes a great game great?
When its planned well and actually put into being as it was planned.To see the event organized and orchestrated in a smooth way.

trains are bad
02-08-2004, 07:37 PM
Integrity of players/lack of cheaters/good attitudes.