PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of a new barrel

penguinpunk555
02-05-2004, 10:37 PM
I am thinking about getting a new barrel or I might take time and get a JnJ barrel kit. I need suggestions for barrels no kits. I am looking into 10-12"

funkykarl
02-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Depends on how much you want to spend. I'm a fan of dye ultralites and the older style CP one pieces, along with SP progressives and new-school AA's.

abunkerer
02-06-2004, 01:58 AM
get a stiffi, they are really nice! click my sig to see mine on my emag

Miscue
02-06-2004, 03:38 AM
They're all almost the same. Get what you like.

lord1234
02-06-2004, 10:01 AM
why not check out the Sanchez Machine barrels at
www.poormanspaintball.com

to get more info on em you can read up on
www.sm1paintballbarrel.com

these are the same guys who are making the Kaner kits for WGP.

SlartyBartFast
02-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by thei3ug
Sorry, but a tylenol gelcap traveling down a glorified sewer pipe is not going to be accurate.
:D

-=Squid=-
02-06-2004, 01:31 PM
Im personally a fan of the stiffi. It shoots really nice, and is light as fudge. Well, paper would be a better analogy.

abunkerer
02-06-2004, 02:29 PM
yeah the stiffi is light as shiz! someone said that all barrels shoot basically the same, i believe that..as long as your paint matches your bore size you can shoot whatever. (the stiffi is not effected by temperature changes like metal barrels, so it wont expand in heat or shrink in cold).

having said that brings up the other points that make a barrel nice: weight, quietness, looks, price, durability.

the stiffi is expensive, 100-120$ however it is the lightest barrel out there. it is made of super strong carbon so it won't bend or break. it it very quiet, and has sweet reverse porting which directs the little sound backwards instead of torwards the people you are shooting at. also it looks really cool.

-=Squid=-
02-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Thats why I recommend the stiffi. All single bore barrels will shoot the same, but the stiffi has an obvious advatantage...weight.

SlartyBartFast
02-06-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
, but the stiffi has an obvious advatantage...weight.

And an obvious disadvantage...cost.:(

As for matching paint to the bore, how much can you really do?

There's several untested/verified things everyone overlooks when bandying the accepted truism of match paint to barrel.

One: just how precise are the inserts/backs?
Two: just how consistent is the size of the paintballs and how much does it deviate in a box/bag?
Three: just how spherical are paintballs and how much does it deviate in a box/bag?

phantomhitman
02-06-2004, 06:27 PM
i have been thinking about getting a stifi (not a joke) but i wanted a more diverse barrel. is there anyway to get a back insert and screw the stifi onto it with no problems?

abunkerer
02-06-2004, 11:32 PM
yeah, they make stiffi tips for certain barrel systems. im pretty sure that they make one for the freak, not sure about others.