PDA

View Full Version : Nice barrel for syder?

rtpro28
02-06-2004, 02:43 PM
looking for a nice barrel for my brother's spyder TL. and any other descent upgrades.

cphilip
02-06-2004, 02:55 PM
I prefer to store my Syder in charred Oak barrels. Gives em that smooth carmely flavor. Now around here we spell it Cider but....well I know what you mean. :cool:

Naw... seriously now...its Spyder... but any barrel thats well made is good on these. Even the stock barrels shoot fine.

rtpro28
02-06-2004, 03:14 PM
SPYDER,,, My fault, i'm at work. guess i'm in a hurry.

cphilip
02-06-2004, 03:23 PM
I know I was just funnin with ya.

Seriously I owned quite a few and with the right paint fit they all seemed to do about as good as another one. Even the stock ones. I had a boomy, a Ceramic, an AA and a CP and I forget what all else... and some stocks too. No real noticable difference in them all when the paint fit it good.

Cryer
02-06-2004, 03:28 PM
Not to spam, but I have a spyder AA... check my sig, or you can PM me if you want

FreakBaller12
02-06-2004, 03:31 PM
think about the espirit grips
i had a tl plus as my starter gun, very nice gun, the only thign i had on it was a bottomline regulator cuz i used c02.

rtpro28
02-06-2004, 04:04 PM
thanks for the info, he's got a b-day coming up. just wanted to get him something for his gun.:cool:

cphilip
02-06-2004, 04:12 PM
How much you want to spend. Maybe we can recommend a barrel "system" that will give him a better range of fits for paints he might run into. You can get one of these for like as low as $115 to about $200. And this would give you four five or more barrels per kit for one money. All different bores.

Things like the J&J edge kit, CP kit, Scepter Kit, etc etc.... might be the best way to go. And all come in Spyder threads if you order them that way.

rtpro28
02-06-2004, 04:42 PM
that's a good idea. i like the j&j ceramics, might have to check into the kit. wonder if they make the kit for mags?:confused:

rtpro28
02-06-2004, 04:45 PM
hey cphilip, i just ordered the intelliframe for my rt pro. i'm still a little iffy on taking it apart to install. any suggestions, i got my gun last year but i haven't really took it apart. i just don't want to mess it up.

cphilip
02-06-2004, 05:17 PM
Intalling the frame itself is a cinch! Easiest thing in the world. Where you located? maybe we got someone near by that can assist you through it. It's very simple. Field strip screw out... frame screw out. Slip off around the sear rod... slide new frame over sear rod... grip frame screw back in... then field strip screw... your done!

Not certain if they make a Mag twist lock in the J&J edge or not. I thought they did...

I am using one of thier Cocker threaded ones in my Mag with the ULE body on it. Like em pretty well for the price. I mean four backs and a tip and a case for $115 Shipped? Common... :D

But I like so far almost every kit I used. Including the Scepter that I use now also.

Anyone know about the twist lock on them?

rtpro28
02-06-2004, 05:31 PM
located in PA, near gettysburg. (south central PA) near maryland border, small town called chambersburg.

the_next_guy_
02-06-2004, 06:20 PM
When I had a spyder, I had a dye xcel and it worked fine. The best part was it was only $35.