PDA

View Full Version : Adema

penguinpunk555
02-06-2004, 05:30 PM
I finaly got ahold of one of their cd's They are a awsome band and lyrics I can relate to. Anyone else like them?

-Carnifex-
02-06-2004, 05:32 PM

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
02-06-2004, 05:37 PM
I can't believe I liked them,

They keep (female dog) ing every time I swear even when it comes to my hair.

Ya teenage angst expressed so eloquently

penguinpunk555
02-06-2004, 05:38 PM
My school makes me cut my hair when they think it is too long. Barely passed my ears.

Cryer
02-06-2004, 06:09 PM
I like 2 of their songs: giving into you, and the way you like it. But even those are wearing on me...

f3rr3+
02-06-2004, 06:24 PM
yuck... personally i cringe everytime i hear someone describe themselves as punk... mtv is the death of the music industry... rock ----> "nu" metal... misfits ----> simple charlotte 182

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
02-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by f3rr3+
yuck... personally i cringe everytime i hear someone describe themselves as punk... mtv is the death of the music industry... rock ----> "nu" metal... misfits ----> simple charlotte 182

MTV also gave birth to music videos, and helped spark music in their early days.

But now all it is... Is Pop, Rap, and flavor of the month rock

-=Squid=-
02-06-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by f3rr3+
yuck... personally i cringe everytime i hear someone describe themselves as punk... mtv is the death of the music industry... rock ----> "nu" metal... misfits ----> simple charlotte 182 I agree with you on all accounts. Obviously you like the misfits, check out my sig.

I just hate this new crap with crummy lyrics and crummy musicians, that stupid teens buy into because it has a catchy beat. It really irks me. As does the fact that punk/goth is becoming a fad and totally stupid. I hate it. Gah. I hate being a teenager. :( They are all so stupid.

penguinpunk555
02-06-2004, 06:46 PM
They don't consider themselves punk. They are nu-metal. I acctuly kinda like. I hate all that pop punk crap.

Benfica4ever
02-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Who says that they are "punk"?
no way I like adema, i also hate pop/punk rock type things. they are no were near that...But yea i like them alot, it was the way you like it that actually got me into rock.

-=Squid=-
02-06-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Benfica4ever
Who says that they are "punk"?
no way I like adema, i also hate pop/punk rock type things. they are no were near that...But yea i like them alot, it was the way you like it that actually got me into rock. Im not saying that they in particular are punk, in fact most of the new stuff that kids would call punk most definitely isnt, I was simply pointing out that its just becoming a fad to try and dress punk and stuff. Its ridiculous.

I might also point out I hate teens who try to be deep. Sorry. Im a jerk.

f3rr3+
02-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
I agree with you on all accounts. Obviously you like the misfits, check out my sig.

I just hate this new crap with crummy lyrics and crummy musicians, that stupid teens buy into because it has a catchy beat. It really irks me. As does the fact that punk/goth is becoming a fad and totally stupid. I hate it. Gah. I hate being a teenager. :( They are all so stupid.

i agree with you about everything but the catchy beat part :D

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
02-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
Im not saying that they in particular are punk, in fact most of the new stuff that kids would call punk most definitely isnt, I was simply pointing out that its just becoming a fad to try and dress punk and stuff. Its ridiculous.

I might also point out I hate teens who try to be deep. Sorry. Im a jerk.

I agree with this, Someone said something about, The Dixie Chicks are more punk then anything today.

And what about teens who actually are deep.

-=Squid=-
02-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata

And what about teens who actually are deep. There isnt such a thing..

And yes, im amazed people are agreeing with me on this.

WickeDKlowN
02-06-2004, 07:55 PM
I tend to like Nu-Metal(i.e. Mudvayne), but I can't f'ing stand all that pop/punk bs. Adem is prety decent, the last song i heard he sounded alot liek Jonathan(sp?) Davis, kind makes sense tho since they are half-brothers...

breg
02-07-2004, 03:58 AM
Adema is one of those bands that I heard one song and then Bought the CD. I think I've listened to it twice since then. They are pretty much just like every other nu-metal band that I've ever seen: Rap influences, heavy guitar, and non stop complaining about things that everyone goes through and comes out fine. It gets tired after about the first ten minutes. All they have done is sound just like almost every other band out there with very little to offer in the way of orginality.
The Pop-Punk things is getting a little tired as well. Again, they are just a bunch of bands that have done little else than sound just like one another. Don't get me wrong, I love punk, but the whole mass produced, mass marketed, mass consumed pop-punk/nu-metal thing is getting tired, and most of them will be on the "Where Are They Now" file when their audience grows up. Even Nirvana and Pearl Jam and the Cure made songs that were fun to listen to. They had a sense of humor and such.
And, MTV? Don't even get me started. I really hate how they call them selves "Music" Television, but in all honesty you are hard pressed to even find music on that stupid channel. Nothing irrates me more. I'm waiting for someone to sue MTV because the name of the channel would lead you to think that they had music videos as the majority of their programming. Even "All Things Rock" is nothing more than the same videos hosted by those wanna be punks from GC.
If you want good punk... Check out Mid Carson July. They are Pop Punk with out sounding like garbage. Or even hard core is so much better than 99% of the crap that MTV tells you is good. Bands like Hatebreed, Converge, Atreyu, Blood for Blood, Ramallah, Snapcase, Sparkmarker, Most Precious Blood, Playing Enemy, Shai Hulud, Hopesfall, Coalsece, ect.

f3rr3+
02-07-2004, 01:08 PM
nu-metal is all the same and can we finnaly stop rolling the bodies on the floor... :rolleyes: